The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Driving standards

hayfield

• RMweb Premium

pretty much amazon hermes etc modus operandi 

I once had a manger who questioned my every movement when on the road for a financial services operation, and who worked out her timings for my movements based on driving the entire distance at the legal maximum speed, or even above it (I had a Golf GTI which was capable of just this, but I was not happy to accede to her "suggestion", and tried to base my movements on a more reasonable scenario (ie allowing for traffic delays and on not exceeding the speed limits to make up time) - her worst ever was when I suggested using the train to get to Manchester and being told that it should only take about 4 hours from home in Surrey, if I used the M25. M1/M6 - that did not allow for any comfort stops, or possible traffic problems (on these roads ??????).

I left the job soon after as I had a wish to live to draw my pension, and to keep my licence.

• Like 2

I once had a manager who questioned my every movement when on the road for a financial services operation, and who worked out her timings for my movements based on driving the entire distance at the legal maximum speed, or even above it ....

Ah, the slime ball school of micro-management. She'll doubtless go far, and will see nothing amiss in accepting an award in a future role for promoting better work-life balance, or something similarly undeserved. But we will know.

• RMweb Premium

Ah, the slime ball school of micro-management. She'll doubtless go far, and will see nothing amiss in accepting an award in a future role for promoting better work-life balance, or something similarly undeserved. But we will know.

Those dreaded words: "I don't want to micro-manage but...."

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile over here they drop their helmets and the police don't pursue at all in case the criminals fall off their scooters and hurt themselves.

Thus there's an explosion of acid flinging maniacs on scooters.

If you're going to do crime on a scooter I don't much care what happens to you.

Amended.

Mike.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Try being in Norfolk when it's sugar beet harvest time nothing gets in the way of these fully loaded artics and survives... And harvest time is now....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They should have stuck to Lada's and Trabant's. I think they've adapted to modern high powered cars yet.

They never will be any good as drivers, until they figure out that flying past a line of stopped vehicles, almost never has a good outcome. Nor does excessive speeds in appalling weather conditions.

• RMweb Gold

Does nobody ever stop at the scene?

I was thinking exactly that. There are one or two that top, but on the whole "Oh look car getting totalled/truck toppled over - carry on!"

• RMweb Premium

I was thinking exactly that. There are one or two that top, but on the whole "Oh look car getting totalled/truck toppled over - carry on!"

From watching probably to many of these videos , mainly because it's just hard to

understand the the thought processes of the drivers , more people seem to stop

when the 'event' takes place on  the more remote roads , it seem that in towns people

have seen so many they just shrug and keep walking .

• RMweb Premium

This one looks expensive! Driving a Maserati through flood waters? Not the best decision!

More and its on topic, since under a railway bridge!

https://twitter.com/NebulousMusings/status/936850391597170688/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theage.com.au%2Fvictoria%2Fmelbourne-weather-saturday-december-2-2017-20171201-gzxaim.html%3Fp%3D2

post-8022-0-71555500-1512213843.png

Edited by kevinlms
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This one looks expensive! Driving a Maserati through flood waters? Not the best decision!

More and its on topic, since under a railway bridge!

https://twitter.com/NebulousMusings/status/936850391597170688/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theage.com.au%2Fvictoria%2Fmelbourne-weather-saturday-december-2-2017-20171201-gzxaim.html%3Fp%3D2

You can't buy stupid , it's a gift .