New Rail Express model to be announced soon

shunny

• RMweb Premium

This can only leave the 66s due Feb/Mar, and well, there are several complex GBRf liveries to choose from. If LTM are taking care of the LU liveries,

Or are they........?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Going by the magazines history for picking models. I'll go for 47 853 "Rail Express" in Drs livery.

Stephen

Apologies if this has already been suggested.

47853 has been in store since February, so isn't much of a "current day" loco.

Cheers,

Mick

Wondered how long it'd be before a thread appeared! Hopefully it'll be well received, in fact I'm sure it will be. . that's why we selected it. A lot of effort has gone into choosing this model by team RX/Mortons and also lets not forget Bachmann too for all their effort so far. 

Anyway, can't give the game away just yet so I'm going to shut up  :rolleyes: and inadvertently contributing to the froth. (Although I can confirm that it isn't a 'froth tanker')..not yet anyway.

Actually I might as well say one thing, just to correct a misunderstanding that keeps cropping up..that Rail Express and Rail Exclusive are linked, they are not linked. This is 100% Rail Express/Mortons Media.

Alex Carpenter

• RMweb Premium

Had to click 'Funny' on the post above as I'm the one who mentioned it to Alex at Club last night. There is now a death threat hanging over me but as it's not a 7mm Narrow Gauge Steam Loco, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. He did confirm Simon's comment that the livery wasn't quite right - a different printing process that didn't work as expected.

• RMweb Premium

Had to click 'Funny' on the post above as I'm the one who mentioned it to Alex at Club last night. There is now a death threat hanging over me but as it's not a 7mm Narrow Gauge Steam Loco, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. He did confirm Simon's comment that the livery wasn't right - some sort of new printing process that didn't work very well.

I can quite imagine it wouldn't be up to much if produced on a 3D printer :jester:

• RMweb Premium

I can quite imagine it wouldn't be up to much if produced on a 3D printer :jester:

I know what you mean - but in this case (again as Simon has already confirmed) it is an existing model with a different livery - and it's not using coloured plastic like some of the Triang models from my childhood !!

• RMweb Premium

being as its 'back to the future day' can't someone just pop forward to warley, see what the model is, return and post the answer up here?

"great scott, you have to come with me, its your limited edition....." 

And while you're there, pop over to the Rapido or Realtrack stand to find out what their hidden secret is.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

If the loco livery fell short of expectations, surely it is a complex livery.

Could we be looking at one of the London Underground class 66s?

John

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/103187-new-rail-express-model-to-be-announced-soon/page-5&do=findComment&comment=2060466

Chees,

Mick

Here's another suggestion as regards locos this time.

1 for southern region modellers, the original class 70 co co 3rd rail/25kv locos as 20001/2 or 3.

If these were produced ready to run there would surely be plenty of scope then to model the locos as though they had survived the cutters torch and would still be running today.

Bound to be a winner I reckon.

I know I shouldn't be commenting on wishlisting as such, but I could count the number of 'what-ifs' that I've seen, on the digits of one hand: the Hattons LoadHaul Class 14, and my BR Blue KESTREL.

I'm sure that there are more, but they don't seem to fire the majority's imagination in any meaningful way, so I doubt a fictitious Class 70 could really be factored into the business case for tooling such a model.

Sorry for sounding a grumpy bleeder about it, it's not meant that way.  :angel:

Here's another suggestion as regards locos this time.

1 for southern region modellers, the original class 70 co co 3rd rail/25kv locos as 20001/2 or 3.

If these were produced ready to run there would surely be plenty of scope then to model the locos as though they had survived the cutters torch and would still be running today.

Bound to be a winner I reckon.

Bound to be a winner? I doubt it but the two main variants would prise my wallet open.

• RMweb Premium

For LNER modellers like myself a much wanted addition would be a nicely weighted P1 2-8-2 and when I say nicely weighted I mean able to haul 40 - 60 loaded wagons + brake van/s and a nice powerful motor to give it the power ratio needed for such a load.

I would definitely buy 1 of each if both locos were produced.

Rail Express is diesel and electric biased so the chances of them doing a kettle is less than that of England winning the rugby world cup.

Already announced that it's a current prototype livery of a current Bachmann model.

Cheers,

Mick

It would be great to see what it would be like if they do.

6 axle powerful drive, opening cab doors, working pantographs actually wired to the motor without a roof switch so that no matter whether just the track is wired to represent the locos running in 3rd rail territory or 1 rail + OHLE the loco could be operated.

After all Bachmann and Hornby have competed in the steam market with their A1 & A4 models aswell as Classes 37, 40, 47 & 90 so why not either a 91 or as I suggested a 92. I would definitely by 1 of each if they were made and as I have a freightliner 66 I think a 92 in freightliner would be a fantastic addition to any loco fleet. Also it might encourage the freight companies to think about freightliner 92s because after all there are DB Schenker 92s, GBRF 92s.

Any thoughts guys.

I'm absolutely sure that Freightliner won't be thinking about investing in Class 92 just because there is a OO gauge model of one available.....

Pretty sure if i resprayed a Met-Cam in Virgin East Coast livery Richard Branson would be beating a path to my door either.......afraid it just doesn't work like that

Archived