Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

You mean as in "you wait years for an RTR Peckett, and then 3 turn up at once"?

I'd never even thought of having a Peckett of any sort until it was announced. A fireless Bagnall on the other hand, is something I'd have liked at any time since I drove the H&P one!

• Like 1

I wish now I hadn't mentioned they were selling quickly...... :rolleyes:

Yes, entirely your fault.

We should have had a sensible, dignified, pause, now that everything actually Peckett-related has been discussed, pending arrival of the actual models in our lily white hands.

Upon which, the topic should experience a new lease of life with posts:  

(1) Displaying our proud-owner pictures of the gorgeous little fellas, which allow us all to go "ooh, ah" like women with other people's babies (I am not sexist;I've been there for Helen Tichner through it all!); and,

(2) Complaining that "my new Peckett derails every time I run it over the points at 150 mph round my radius one curved track nailed upside down on the ceiling. Is anyone else having this problem?"

Edited by Edwardian

(2) Complaining that "my new Peckett derails every time I run it over the points at 150 mph round my radius one curved track nailed upside down on the ceiling. Is anyone else having this problem?"

Dear Edwardian,

I think you your friend has probably put a nail through a pipe, and the pressure of escaping water is forcing your Peckett off the track. If so, you need to call a plumber. If there isn't a wet patch on the ceiling, I would advise leaving the house as quickly as possible, and calling the fire brigade, as a spark from the loco pickups may trigger a gas explosion.

This is a railway forum, so "the man on the Clapham omnibus" is most likely to be on his way to Clapham station!

Just don't put the 'bus on the bridge(!); MRJ correspondents may be watching and we don't want any cliché-induced apoplectic fits! 

Dear Edwardian,

I think you your friend has probably put a nail through a pipe, and the pressure of escaping water is forcing your Peckett off the track. If so, you need to call a plumber. If there isn't a wet patch on the ceiling, I would advise leaving the house as quickly as possible, and calling the fire brigade, as a spark from the loco pickups may trigger a gas explosion.

Dear Peckett Derailer,

Believe me, here at BG John's Agony Column, we have a lot of readers who write to us with similar problems.  You are not alone! So buck up, there's a dear.

Now then, the most common cause of ceiling derailments is modellers laying their track on Artex.  So, if you have an Artex ceiling, you need either to strip it back to a smooth plasterboard surface, or, rebuild all your stock with fully compensated chassis.  Dear me, I don't know which would be worse.  Personally, Dear, I'd be tempted to burn my house down and start again!

If you are still having problems, try power base under-track strip and super strength magnets! 

If you are still having problems, try moving to Australia, where your ceiling would be the right way up!

If you are still having problems, try not being such an utter [enough - Ed.]

Edited by Edwardian

I think quite a few companies are still officially called Omnibus Company. This one is part of Stagecoach. https://companycheck.co.uk/company/01713578/CHELTENHAM-AND-GLOUCESTER-OMNIBUS-COMPANY-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Also there are some heritage groups that run commercial services such as Wyvern.

http://www.wyvern-omnibus.co.uk/

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think quite a few companies are still officially called Omnibus Company. This one is part of Stagecoach. https://companycheck.co.uk/company/01713578/CHELTENHAM-AND-GLOUCESTER-OMNIBUS-COMPANY-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Also there are some heritage groups that run commercial services such as Wyvern.

http://www.wyvern-omnibus.co.uk/

Jason

When was the last time you went to the omnibus stop to wait for an omnibus into town? That's what I meant -- in daily speech, not in the official names of the bus companies.

And as for high court judges, the least said, the better.

• RMweb Gold
Just don't put the 'bus on the bridge(!); MRJ correspondents may be watching and we don't want any cliché-induced apoplectic fits!

Phew, there was me thinking that putting my Eddie Stobart collection on the bridge would cause a diplomatic incident!

ah, but that bus is going to Clapham Jct, which is in Battersea, it's not actually going to Clapham! ;)

Neil

It's not going anywhere. It is on the stand right outside Clapham Junction BR station at the end of its route :) The southern entrance of the station is on the left/other side of the road if we could see it. 

If anyone fancies a cheeky little diorama you can replicate this bridge on Latchmere Road, a bit further along along the line from CJ towards town. Ideal for the new Bachmann 450's and a foreign registered Oxford diecast artic wedged underneath. Satnavs send lost truckers along this road on a regular basis and they don't notice the low bridge. Regularly blocked, and no.6 in NR's Bridge Strike Top 10  http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/3563.aspx

gallery_24698_3502_64751.jpg

Or use a bit of Realistic Water for this scenario - same location

flooding-latchmere-road-battersea-london

Back to Pecketts now....

Edited by ruggedpeak
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If I miss out on a H&P Peckett due to increased pre-ordering, I don't mind. I think this is one model that Hornby will make more of, and as I'm hopeful that with a colour photo of 'George Jennings' existing Hornby will do that particular one, I can wait.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

George Jennings would be an excellent subject. As you say Ian, the livery is well documented and would sit well with Hornby's recent ex L&SWR subjects.

Here's looking forward to it's release........

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I wish now I hadn't mentioned they were selling quickly...... :rolleyes:

:offtopic: Not entirely, to be fair 

Thanks to Paul who read my earlier posts and I am now the proud owner of an ATW 150 :locomotive: Bought that instead of pre-ordering a Peckett, so at least one more than there was going to be!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...