RMweb

Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• RMweb Gold

A review of one of the most eagerly anticipated from model of 2016! The all new W4 Class Peckett 0-4-0ST, in stunning Huntley & Palmers Lined Blue Livery, from Hornby.

Renowned for their reliability and utilizing many standardized components, Peckett’s proved to be very popular with all manor of industries, including Collieries, Steel Works, Dock Yard, Factories and more.

Built by Peckett and Sons, at the Atlas Works factory in Bristol, the W4 Peckett 0-4-0 Saddle Tank was part of a family of six, W-class of locomotives, starting W2 and ending with W7 Class. In total 140 W4’s were constructed between 1885 to 1906.

At least 3 members of the Class have been preserved.

This model depicts works number No.832, built specifically for Huntley & Palmers Ltd, for shunting wagons around their biscuit factory in Reading. 

Hornby have done an outstanding job in capturing the prototype, with the model features a wealth of detail including; separately fitted smokebox dart, finely applied hand rails and pipework, extensively detailed cab interior, well applied glazing, well represented linkage, stunning livery, plus much more. 

Fitted with a powerful 5 Pole Motor, Die-cast Boiler, Saddle Tank and Chassis, the Hornby Peckett has got to be one of the slowest and smoothest runners straight from the box I have ever seen! This model really is a must for any Industrial or Preserved Era modeller! 

Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChF55HeL3zA

Insert your favourite biscuit here to describe the Peckett - Garibaldi.,

• Like 3

Just phoned up my local-ish model shop (Addlestone) and luckily had some left in stock so managed to get one delivered, I knew they would be popular but didn't expect them to sell out nearly everywhere!

Was that the H&P one? Just wondering as my pre-order for Dodo is with them and I haven't had any notification of payment required, unless I've missed anything! 

• RMweb Gold

Only H&P ones so far in the UK and Hattons are shipping their orders now. My local shop had a provisional date of this week for the second lot, depends if they can ship them out fast with all the other goods as couriers are rammed with a big event next weekend . . ;)

Just been notified by Hornby that my MSC Pecket will be with me tomorrow afternoon

I guess Hattons etc either got theirs today or will get them tomorrow. How fast they can then ship them out, who knows, but I bet it's fairly quick...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

They have all been here since Monday.

I was referring to the Australian guys already having Dodo delivered rather than what stock was in the country ;) I guess Hornby are processing the pallets in order so it just happens the HP ones seem to have shipped to shops first.

Only H&P ones so far in the UK and Hattons are shipping their orders now. My local shop had a provisional date of this week for the second lot, depends if they can ship them out fast with all the other goods as couriers are rammed with a big event next weekend . . ;)

Thanks Paul, having lost out on my pre-order for Dodo at Invicta due to Hornby not providing them with enough stock, I'm desperate not to miss out on one of these little beauties! Would love all three to be honest but I can't afford that.  :drag:

Trains4u have one on EBay at the moment, only £130.00 + £4.95 p&p. Form an orderly queue.

Maybe they've employed Gostude?

Does it say it's 'kit built'?

With a bit of luck Hattons may be able to send out the HP tomorrow and in theory the PO deliver on Saturday. Next time I will try to get to a shop and buy rather than rely on mail order, but walking is difficult, and driving out. I see the opportunists are selling on Ebay already, just wish Hornby would organise these product releases a bit more fairly in future.

I saw three Pecketts come steaming in
On Christmas Day, on Christmas Day
I saw three Pecketts come steaming in
On Christmas Day in the morning

Wither steamed those Locos three
Wither steamed those Locos three

Oh they steamed into Bethlehem
They steamed into Bethlehem

And all the bells on earth shall ring
And all the bells on earth shall ring

And all the souls on earth shall sing
And all the souls on earth shall sing

Then let us all rejoice again

On Christmas Day in the morning.

As long as the post arrives on Christmas Eve, strikes permitting.

On Christmas Day in the morning.

• Like 2

Seem to have missed out on the H&P version. Saw more than 10 in stock at Hattons, made an account - went to buy - wasn't even listed on the website anymore. Couldn't get a reply from their LiveChat feature also.

Anyone know if Hattons is getting more stock? Or does any shop in OZ have the H&P version?

Must pre-order next time.

There is bound to be a second batch later in 2017 so don't panic and pay daft prices, we saw that with Exeter. This isn't a limited edition.

Except that, by then, they'll have to navigate past the US Sixth Fleet in the South China Sea

Anyone know if Hattons is getting more stock? Or does any shop in OZ have the H&P version?

I can confirm that No H&P versions have been seen to date. As per previous posts I went through 3 of the shops here and they had seen a Dodo but no other versions. I am back in town later this week. Due to Mast. DougN performing at Carols by Candlelight with the National Boys Choir of Australia so rehersals on the 22nd 23rd and performance on the 24th. National broadcast on the nine TV network. So I hope I will end up back at the shops.... I will post if any thing changes... or if I catch one of the rare beasties!

• RMweb Premium

I thought Lytchett Manor now made GEMs.

:yes:

Jason

I will have to get some to put in the coal biscuit wagons for my H and P to shunt.  :yes: