Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

• RMweb Premium

I'm really hoping Dapol produce the JHA wagon as that will cover the DB, ARC and NP 59. that will also save me converting a rake of FL HHA's into NP JMA's

Were there NP JHAs? I thought they were all JMAs, which as you say are more or less HHAs with LTF 25 bogies.

Would love some JHAs though, would do for Hanson too.

Edit: and yes there were NP JHAs, as you were!

Edited by njee20

I'm really hoping Dapol produce the JHA wagon as that will cover the DB, ARC and NP 59. that will also save me converting a rake of FL HHA's into NP JMA's

regards

Darryl

It definitely seems to be the most logical option to allow as many liveries as possible. I don't think the NP ones were as common as the longer JMAs but they existed! I'd like a Hanson 59 and rake, and a NP 59 and rake. With the odd Yeoman livery thrown in!

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was told at Warley by Dapol that they expect the 59 to be out by or for Warley 2018 (so further delayed).

Yes, I was told the same. It was better than I expected to be honest. We have only seen an Engineering prototype that incorporated features from various sub classes. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is here this time next year. Fingers crossed.

Yes, I was told the same. It was better than I expected to be honest. We have only seen an Engineering prototype that incorporated features from various sub classes. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is here this time next year. Fingers crossed.

guess there was no mention as to what rolling stock will be released to go with them?

regards

Darryl

Looking at the EP on display at Warley it would appear that in the last 12 months since we last saw it that the bogies have now been painted black. 

Now that's progress...  :drag:

Edited by YesTor

This model is going to be great, I just know it. Dapol have the had the time and resources to produce a variety of models which they can use to improve their future projects such as the class 59. I'm sure they have learnt from the mistakes they made on the class 73 and 68.

Rory

This model is going to be great, I just know it. Dapol have the had the time and resources to produce a variety of models which they can use to improve their future projects such as the class 59. I'm sure they have learnt from the mistakes they made on the class 73 and 68.

Rory

Such blind faith, I’m hope you are right .

Such blind faith, I’m hope you are right .

I understand but let me elaborate on my blind faith. Dapols history in the new era of model railway locomotives has not fared too well, with countless mistakes being made, the company is apologising and making efforts to customers who are unsatisfied with models such as the class 68 and 73. This information everyone has heard but to the point which is the class 59 has been in production for some time now even to the point where the showing will be delayed to next years Warley exhibition so time has been taken to hopefully improve and ensure the models success within the model railway community. "Hopefully" is not a satisfying word to hear but it is all we have for now. Rory

This model is going to be great, I just know it.

Rory

The proof is in the pudding!  Let's just wait and see, for one thing there are a whole new array of shades, liveries and logos to get right and Dapol's recent track record in this department is far from glowing!

Edited by YesTor

This will be a rather important release - I didn’t see many of these till I moved to Swindon , but I see a lot now.

I’ve sat and watched Dapol making modern stuff.

I could have used a 73 for some MOD traffic, but I wasn’t content with their liveries nor the response to problems.

The 68 has little interest other than I’ve seen a few Chiltern loco hauled and very nice they look too, but then the livery cock up, however they seem to have put that right with spare bodies so maybe they are learning and progressing.

I’d probably still be unwilling to fork out for a first release and I’d see how it was received first

Looking at the EP on display at Warley it would appear that in the last 12 months since we last saw it that the bogies have now been painted black. 

Now that's progress...  :drag:

The bogies have always been black. https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/filedata/fetch?photoid=2047

Rory

I fully agree with you, I will not call it blind faith, yes they've made mistakes before. The Class 73 had issues, we've got to wait and see how the next batch turns up. The Class 68 had few issues and now in the second batch it's all gone flying out of the window and it's clearly a stunner. The Class 121, Class 122 and Railcar are all exceptional. So far most of the issues I've heard is missing things from the detailing bags. So Dapol are learning and I know that the Class 59 is going to be marvelous.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The bogies have always been black. https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/filedata/fetch?photoid=2047

I fully agree with you, I will not call it blind faith, yes they've made mistakes before. The Class 73 had issues, we've got to wait and see how the next batch turns up. The Class 68 had few issues and now in the second batch it's all gone flying out of the window and it's clearly a stunner. The Class 121, Class 122 and Railcar are all exceptional. So far most of the issues I've heard is missing things from the detailing bags. So Dapol are learning and I know that the Class 59 is going to be marvelous.

The blue/grey class 122 has the tear drops around the windows, which at least for me so far, put me off buying it.

The 121 doesn’t have this issue.

I understand a second batch of 122 is coming and shouldn’t have this issue.

• Like 1

I fully agree with you, I will not call it blind faith, yes they've made mistakes before. The Class 73 had issues, we've got to wait and see how the next batch turns up. The Class 68 had few issues and now in the second batch it's all gone flying out of the window and it's clearly a stunner...

Awesome... so by that token we might be better off waiting for the second batch...  :mail: 

I for one certainly hope that Dapol get the 59s right first time especially as they seem to have opted to produce some of the key class members/liveries first time around.  Time will tell... 

:superman:

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 1

Has anyone heard if Dapol will be including a smoke generator? I'm not a fan of the steam ones as they just don't give out a proper puff of smoke but I heard somewhere (I know quite vague) that they are leaving room for both a smoke generator and sound speaker. Cheers

Rory

• RMweb Premium

If Dapol can get a grip on the silly slips that have bedevilled many of their releases they could be market leading. Look beyond some of the avoidable slips on models like the 73 & 68 and the underlying tooling is superb.

• 3 months later...

Anyone heard of any updates from the shows recently on this project?

Hi,

I saw on the TV screen that Dapol had at Ally Pally that tooling had been completed as had the artwork and they were waiting on decorates samples

There were images of the DB and National Power liveries artwork, but I couldn’t get a photo.

Simon