Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Q6

NHY 581

Not much news on this recently, except that the delivery dates have been pushed from June to August in the last couple of days. From some of the photos it looks like it has an opening cab roof, does anyone who has seen the samples know if this is the case?

Well great to see that the date is relatively close. I am looking forward to this one as I have been doing little bits and pieces on my DB kit version. As it was criticised for having scribed boiler bands rather than applied tape/ metal strip. I have since, through a little fluke, found some copper tape to apply. Which has been done but I am not happy with the repaint. Something I was going to try to resolve this weekend but so far life and a birthday has got in the way!

Any how as I have said it will be nice to have one once they hit the shops!

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

And out of nowhere - Hornby have announced R3424 (LNER) and R3425 (Early BR) are being airfreighted in for delivery into their warehouse tomorrow. Shipments out to customers & retailers will be commenced shortly after.

We've got a special offer on this locomotive especially for members of RMWeb too - the first six members to order one of the Q6's online or on the phone from us and post "RMWeb" and their username into our order comments section will have their postage refunded when the money is taken! Just a thankyou to the membership for having us around! :)

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 9

WOW.... if this does occur it looks like my idea of buying a couple of sound decoders is a non starter.... Then again the bank account needs to recover from a new mattress! I never knew how expensive they are. :jester:  

Better get ordering again then :senile:

And out of nowhere - Hornby have announced R3424 (LNER) and R3425 (Early BR) are being airfreighted in for delivery into their warehouse tomorrow. Shipments out to customers & retailers will be commenced shortly after.

Well let us hope that ALL retailers will get their orders filled from this delivery and it will not just be Hattons, Rails and the Hornby on-line store.

Sounds like a desperate attempt to bring in some cash before month end.

• RMweb Gold

Just got the email from Hattons stating that the Q6 is due in on 16June!

Can't wait

Yes, it is very exciting. Today is Tuesday, not long to Thursday! Will be an expensive week!

Rob.

Why is it that when Hornby delivery dates slip, they get criticised, but when they get something to market earlier than expected ..... they get accused of desperation ! Seems they just can't please some folks.

Just playing devils advocate here.

Let us not forget Hornby always said the Q6 was for June delivery which was recently revised to late August. So it's not late, it's definitely not early, it just looks like it's simply going to arrive on time.

It would be interesting to know the management logic behind these differing delivery times but other than forum speculation, I guess we'll never know.

P

P.s. I'm still waiting for some of Tri-ang Hornby's 1960's promised deliveries to turn up.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

....Let us not forget Hornby always said the Q6 was for June delivery which was recently revised to late August. So it's not late, it's definitely not early, it just looks like it's simply going to arrive on time. It would be interesting to know the management logic behind these differing delivery times but other than forum speculation, I guess we'll never know....

I might suggest that what with the flying machine making the journey in a day, and the floaty thing taking six weeks, a little arithmetic might suggest a reason. And yes, Hornby's motivation is going to be all about cashflow. Payments that can be invoiced six weeks earlier might make all the difference in fulfilling commitments. It could well be that tight for them as a business; worn that uncomfortable shirt.

I might suggest that what with the flying machine making the journey in a day, and the floaty thing taking six weeks, a little arithmetic might suggest a reason. And yes, Hornby's motivation is going to be all about cashflow. Payments that can be invoiced six weeks earlier might make all the difference in fulfilling commitments. It could well be that tight for them as a business; worn that uncomfortable shirt.

As I said.

Looks like someone took the the decision to go by sea thus delaying the delivery date then changed it back again. You may well be right but it's still all suggestion and hypotheses (Speculation). For those wanting a RTR Q6 it looks like the upside is they will get here sooner rather than later and not get lost in China should things go belly up for Hornby.

P

...   So it's not late, it's definitely not early, it just looks like it's simply going to arrive on time.  ...

What???  Whoa, we can't have that sort of thing going on - why, it would cut the number of posts on RMWeb by at least one-third at a stroke!!

Could it be that they may not have been placed on a plane but made it into a container all those weeks ago? I say this as we have had surprises like this previously.I say this as manifests can get screwed up and a 40ft container is a lot of models. These locos assuming the run is about 2000 each is about 12m3 and a container works out at about 70m3. The air freight would be quite pricey.Not knowing the number of containers that Hornby Group brings in from China this could be very high per week (well higher than we modellers may expect!) . Also I am surprised that the time is about 6 weeks for a ship China- UK. We have things here in Australia in about 4 weeks from Bill of Lading

It is nice to think either via plane or ship that we have the new loco's to run on the layout.