Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

Back to the models, here's my iPhone pic of a 66718 sample at DEMU. LTM (and Bachmann) really do have to be commended on attempting these as it certainly is an intricate livery expertly applied.

Martin

Totally agree Martin. I saw that model too and it looks very well done. I have the tube map one ordered having seen it at Boness.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I wonder with the Rail Express 66720 having now arrived whether the LTM class 66s are also now in the country?

Have just looked at the LT Museum website and the white one (which I prepaid for in January) is still shown as "pre-order" with information that the model will be despatched in September 2016 - date to be confirmed.

Keith

I wonder with the Rail Express 66720 having now arrived whether the LTM class 66s are also now in the country?

Although they were all produced together, the three 66s were split for shipping. As I understand it, a part batch of the LTM 66s has arrived in the UK but by no means all, the rest are still on the way. Those that are here are being held at Barwell until the rest arrive, then they all get shipped to the LTM together.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Oooh, exiting times, had 'the call' earlier to confirm my details, dispatch by the end of the month according to the lady on the phone

I actually changed my order from the white one to the black one while on the phone without issue as I decided I prefer the look of that one (although if I can afford it and they don't sell out quickly I may well get the white one too at some point)

• Like 1

Oooh, exiting times, had 'the call' earlier to confirm my details, dispatch by the end of the month according to the lady on the phone

I actually changed my order from the white one to the black one while on the phone without issue as I decided I prefer the look of that one (although if I can afford it and they don't sell out quickly I may well get the white one too at some point)

I agree Jim, three celebrity locos all out at the same time, 66779 would be the icing on the cake...

Next collectors club model !!! (in hope)

• RMweb Premium

I agree Jim, three celebrity locos all out at the same time, 66779 would be the icing on the cake...

Next collectors club model !!! (in hope)

Probably more likely to be a NRM limited edition............

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I was told you should receive them at the end of the month.

So hoping they will be here at the weekend

Just in time for a debut exhibition at Blackburn on 3/4 September...

(Need to find a donor sound decoder from one of my other 66's.........)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

As a complete off-topic.

20142 has been painted into full lined LU livery, similar to Sarah Siddons. Not found any pics yet though.

Next LT museum limited edition?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We're there - I just received a nice surprise in the post - Special Delivery

Now to open them and get side-tracked from all the other tasks I had planned today... :-)

Cheers

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Hope your all enjoying your new models. If possible please could someone post some photos of the above two OO Gauge GBRF Class 66s? I have looked on the LTM website and you can't zoom in on the photos.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

Nobody will be wanting to take them out of their boxes, so they can put them on ebay "box not opened" for silly prices............

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Nobody will be wanting to take them out of their boxes, so they can put them on ebay "box not opened" for silly prices............

Cheers,

Mick

That does sound about right. Although with LTM still having stocks they might not appear just yet. People might wait a while until LTM have sold out.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy them because if I do I want to buy them now for £170 each, rather than paying Ebay prices at a later stage.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

• RMweb Premium

That does sound about right. Although with LTM still having stocks they might not appear just yet. People might wait a while until LTM have sold out.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy them because if I do I want to buy them now for £170 each, rather than paying Ebay prices at a later stage.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

A previous post or two may help you decide.

There is no way I can afford £340 for two Class 66s no matter how unique or special the liveries are.

. I aren't having any of the GBRF three (718, 720, 721) and I doubt I am getting Freightliner/DRS 418 from Kernow either. It might just be 416 and 434 models. Maybe two of each so that one can be renumbered. Although even £127 x4 is £508 excluding DCC Decoders and I'm not sure if I'm prepared to pay that for four standard models.

Have you got your Powerhaul 66(or two) yet?

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2