Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

Have you tried Precision Decals?

He does full number sets for EWS 66s, so no problem with colour matching or lining up.

Cheers,

Mick

Yes, I have tried Precision labels, although the decals are very good I had the same conversation with him and he said they are lighter (more pinky) than the numbers on the Bachmann loco's. You have to change both numbers and letters, he did Cargo Rail decals they were excellent.

Apparently its down to the printing process...

DSCF5255.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've not seen any decent transfers for the EWS maroon numbers or letters. Apparently they can't replicate the colour very easy and they always look to light. The weathering will be a challenge on 065, there are a few running round like this now though..

Good luck....

I didn't even consider the weathering on 065 in relation to renumbering until now. That's something to think about and it might be possible.

I've not seen any decent transfers for the EWS maroon numbers or letters. Apparently they can't replicate the colour very easy and they always look to light. The weathering will be a challenge on 065, there are a few running round like this now though..

Good luck....

Pretty sure that Mr Railtec is producing EWS number sets in colours that exactly match each manufacturers version of EWS maroon......in fact just checked and yes he does. Pack 2234 refers

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I have tried Precision labels, although the decals are very good I had the same conversation with him and he said they are lighter (more pinky) than the numbers on the Bachmann loco's. You have to change both numbers and letters, he did Cargo Rail decals they were excellent.

Apparently its down to the printing process...[/url]

I can understand that the printing process may mean the correct colour spec comes out too light or "pinky" but if so why not simply adjust the colours until they print the correct colour?

Pretty sure that Mr Railtec is producing EWS number sets in colours that exactly match each manufacturers version of EWS maroon......in fact just checked and yes he does. Pack 2234 refers

Indeed we do. In fact I'm still having nightmares about the length of time we spent getting as close a match as is possible to both the Bachmann and Hornby EWS maroons. (Just in case anyone ever wondered why there's such a backlog of work - and this is just one item!) They're not _hugely_ different although there is a difference. In fact many people may not notice a Hornby EWS shade of number on a Bachmann loco, but in for a penny etc.

4mm-2231: Hornby EWS renumbering pack

4mm-2234: Bachmann variant

We could've just stayed with a one-size-fits-all pack, but where's the fun in that.

• Like 3

And back to LTM 66/7s limited editions, I had an email today to say they still do not have an exact delivery date in light of Kernow promoting their 66418 was on the ship. But confirmed those who ordered at Warley shall be first to receive their models. Hopefully by July as my Amex expires then!

Did anyone get the opportunity to order Harry Beck the other night ?

I was lucky enough to do so when they reopened orders for a day in march. I had already ordered the peter hendy one when they first went on sale. The gap of a few months definitelty eased the pain slightly of forking out for these

Edited by SilvermanD

That's also very true.

I'm opting for some Freightliner 416 models and DRS 434 models to renumber and possibly a 418 model. I'm leaving the four GBRF 66s because I don't really model or run GBRF locos. As for the EWS 66s I'm considering a 040 and three 065 models, two to renumber.

Do you need that many ? I'd get your ltd edition for some variety.

These lists always make me laugh, reminds me of when I was 5 and listed the entire Hornby catalogue for Santa to deliver !

• RMweb Premium

Do you need that many ? I'd get your ltd edition for some variety.

These lists always make me laugh, reminds me of when I was 5 and listed the entire Hornby catalogue for Santa to deliver !

That's very true and I can see your point.

I do have a lot of Limited Editions and the only reason why I have decided not to buy the three GBRF 66s is because I don't model GBRF and I don't have anything to run with them. That would mean spending more money on stock/wagons/coaches to run with them. I mainly model Freightliner and DRS and if I started to model GBRF I would then be wanting all of the special liveries. At the moment their is 701 in original and Europort livery, 709 in MSC Ship livery, 711 in Aggregates, 718, 720 Children's/Rainbow livery, 721, 737 with the large number seven, 746 in Royal Scotsman, 751 with the different/adapted couplings and 779 in Green.

I have also read on another thread that the Barbie liveried 66s are next in line for a repaint which are 723-728. 723 might be getting a special livery as might 743.

So that's at least twelve GBRF 66s because they have special liveries or their different/unique. Some of which are already been produced and no doubt the others will follow suit. Probably a good couple of thousand to acquire them all, so at that sort of money it's not really an option.

That's very true and I can see your point.

I do have a lot of Limited Editions and the only reason why I have decided not to buy the three GBRF 66s is because I don't model GBRF and I don't have anything to run with them. That would mean spending more money on stock/wagons/coaches to run with them. I mainly model Freightliner and DRS and if I started to model GBRF I would then be wanting all of the special liveries. At the moment their is 701 in original and Europort livery, 709 in MSC Ship livery, 711 in Aggregates, 718, 720 Children's/Rainbow livery, 721, 737 with the large number seven, 746 in Royal Scotsman, 751 with the different/adapted couplings and 779 in Green.

I have also read on another thread that the Barbie liveried 66s are next in line for a repaint which are 723-728. 723 might be getting a special livery as might 743.

So that's at least twelve GBRF 66s because they have special liveries or their different/unique. Some of which are already been produced and no doubt the others will follow suit. Probably a good couple of thousand to acquire them all, so at that sort of money it's not really an option.

You could model a bit if GBRF, you don't need to buy everything in their paint scheme.to be honest the only interesting thing with 66s is the differing paint

I want a solid gold Ferrari, but I sure as hell cant afford one !,

I mainly model Freightliner

I've seen a GBRf 66 on a Southampton Docks bound intermodal so there's an excuse to add at least one GBRf machine to your fleet! ;-)

Martin

You could model a bit if GBRF, you don't need to buy everything in their paint scheme.to be honest the only interesting thing with 66s is the differing paint

I want a solid gold Ferrari, but I sure as hell cant afford one !,

I've seen a GBRf 66 on a Southampton Docks bound intermodal so there's an excuse to add at least one GBRf machine to your fleet! ;-)

Martin

Good points well made but I suspect DRS Crewe On A Mission knows himself well and I can sympathise with him. For years I have managed to cofine myself to 00 but Dapol’s Terrier and forthcoming 08 are threatening to breach the dam. Likewise Heljan’s foray into 00 LNER 2-8-0s creates desire for more and more. The only way to handle this sort of thing is, “No, I don’t model that at all.”

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Has anyone heard any more info as to when the LTM will have these delivered?

Cheers

Not as such.

But I did call LTM last week, as I'd ordered at Warley without paying and my credit card expired in May (not the one I'd used as it turns out; dozy me...). Whilst I was on the phone, I suggested that they must be due within the next month or so. There was no commitment to my suggestion, but there was no resistance either..... Read into that what you like :-)

As an aside, it was suggested that those like me (ordered and not yet paid) would receive a courtesy call prior to payment being charged. So we'll get advance warning at least.

Cheers

Rob

Not as such.

But I did call LTM last week, as I'd ordered at Warley without paying and my credit card expired in May (not the one I'd used as it turns out; dozy me...). Whilst I was on the phone, I suggested that they must be due within the next month or so. There was no commitment to my suggestion, but there was no resistance either..... Read into that what you like :-)

As an aside, it was suggested that those like me (ordered and not yet paid) would receive a courtesy call prior to payment being charged. So we'll get advance warning at least.

Cheers

Rob

Were you able to pay when you called? I am in the same situation as you, my card details have expired and I need to update now. I have had the occasional email to confirm my order from Warley, but would really just like to pay in full ASAP....then sit back and wait for them to arrive when ready.

Were you able to pay when you called? I am in the same situation as you, my card details have expired and I need to update now. I have had the occasional email to confirm my order from Warley, but would really just like to pay in full ASAP....then sit back and wait for them to arrive when ready.

That concerns me, I've received no emails at all.

I called into the LTM Shop twice and was told the Warley orders were locked in a safe and they would be the first to be dispatched.

I wanted reassurance to the fact that they had my order but just said "probably if you ordered at Warley"

I placed a manual order and was told they would call me to confirm my order and details when the models were available. I have been fortunate since then to have been able to confirm my order on the website. I don't think there is any reason to panic. The 20s were available for some time till they eventually sold out.

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Gold

No. No payment made to date.

If it's at all reassuring, I'd heard nothing since signing up on the Sunday at Warley (the only emails I receive from LTM are sales ones that I received anyway). However, when I called, I was lucky enough to speak to Sam; the lady that took my details on the day at Warley. She opened her safe, located my specific bit of paper, read me back my details and clarified my dodgy hand-writing (reassuring) and updated my card details

It's at that point that she said that she anticipated contacting everyone (Warley people) prior to charging their cards; just out of courtesy.

So I wouldn't worry unduly...

Cheers

Rob

I don't think there is any reason to panic. The 20s were available for some time till they eventually sold out.

I hope that this is the case here too as I've tried on numerous occasions to preorder but have been unsuccessful. Missed the preorder slots online and have been into the LTM shop in person when visiting London (from the south west) twice and both times, have had staff members say that they were not currently open to preorder and to order one once released...

I have no worries about when they shall arrive or what happened to my order. After Warley I emailed Michael who confirmed the paper order for me. I occasionally email to ask whether progress is being made, and assured that the LTM is taking time to make these spot on perfect.

Just I personally rather pay, than have the money earning 0.0001% in the bank. Called today to update my card details, shall be charged once in stock. With the promise to those who ordered at Warley would receive theirs first.

Told currently no expected arrival date, they are working hard to make these to the standard the museum expects.

There shall be plenty to buy in the LTM stores and online once released, thus everyone who did not order at Warley or buy on pre-order shall be able to purchase one. Advise to sign up to the notification on the website to know as soon as in stock.

...they are working hard to make these to the standard the museum expects.

Ummm, not sure what they mean by that, but with all due respect, apart from the livery (which indeed is incredibly well-executed), the model itself is a bog-standard Bachmann 'shed', which has been dropping off of the production for an eternity.  What can go wrong?

Edited by YesTor

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

......which means that the one I paid for back in January (upon receipt of the incorrectly worded email from LTM) should be on its way to me..... Be interesting to see when it does arrive.

Keith