Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

I would of order this in a flash yesterday.....but why oh why weather it! Why can we not leave weathering to those who want too, where they can do so by themselves or through the professional outlets.

with a new livery 66434 appearing shortly..... 

Please do tell us more? 66434 does tend to be DRS go to a unique PR livery loco....

• RMweb Premium

I would of order this in a flash yesterday.....but why oh why weather it! Why can we not leave weathering to those who want too.

Isn't that the point about this livery? The DRS decals were removed and the loco transferred to Freightliner. I can't see either operator cleaning it before it went back into service so would a clean loco be accurate?

• RMweb Premium

Please do tell us more? 66434 does tend to be DRS go to a unique PR livery loco....

I think Martin means the upcoming release of 66434 is the simplified DRS livery (as per quite a few of their 66 fleet now)

A bit like this one....

post-408-0-48880500-1461429129_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Sorry to confuse you all.

What I meant is 66418 is in its new guise as a Freightliner Powerhaul so why would you buy this model apart from it being different.

And, yes a 66434 in the new livery would be a better buy.

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Premium

My take on this new 66418 model is it's good because it's a combination of two liveries and a loco that has seen use with two operators. So quite unique.

However the drawbacks for me are that the livery is now obsolete because 66418 was repainted into the Freightliner Powerhaul livery in May/June 2015. The model is also weathered so you could say that an additional £20 or so has been added on to account for that. For me I don't like factory weathering and in fact I don't really like weathered locos at all. So paying an additional £20 for something that I don't want and can't change is not something I'm keen to do.

A shame that this isn't a model identical but with a different running number that still wears this livery. For example 66413, 66415 or 66419. This model could be renumbered to bring it up to be a current loco in the current livery although this surely then defeats the object of it been a Limited Edition. Granted Kernow won't have known that it would be repainted when commissioning Bachmann to produce it so nothing could have been done their.

I would say that 66416 in Powerhual livery would be a better option because it's a standard model, which is significantly cheaper and wears the latest livery.

All in all though the model of 66418 is very good and wears two liveries and has been operated been two different FOCs meaning that it's something quite special that is rarely replicated on a model because it rarely happens in reality. Hats off to Kernow and Bachmann for this one even if the livery is now obsolete.

Isn't that the point about this livery? The DRS decals were removed and the loco transferred to Freightliner. I can't see either operator cleaning it before it went back into service so would a clean loco be accurate?

One could ask is Bachmann's factory weathering "accurate" either?  :no:

• RMweb Gold

I've just been into the shop and ordered the white one over the counter, no money taken today and they will call me when it's in to see if I still want it before taking payment with the card details I left with them on the paper order form

I went in to the shop about 6-7 weeks ago, spoke to a lady behind the counter and she said that they weren't taking any pre-orders... So I couldn't order one ! Just hoping I can order the white one once they've arrived.

• RMweb Gold

The pre-ordering system is not just random its just well and truly screwed-up.

When the models were first announced last year I expressed an interest in the white version. Earlier this year I received the email which intimated that the model was available so I paid in full and started to wait but nothing as yet has been delivered. 

I tried contacting them by phone but never got a human at the other end. Left a message on the answerphone but heard nothing........

Keith

I think the LTM have been awfully clear that the models would be available in Summer 2016, this along with the Bachmann website confirming 66s production models are due in April/May 2016 has been clear for many months. The two Ltd 66s were announced in November, and could be ordered at Warley under the assurance you would receive them before the main release. A nice touch, seeing as you paid to attend the show. (Surely it is why you attend a show, to gain a perk?)

The LTM website asked if you were interested in the model, to register to be notified when available to 'Pre-Order'. The LTM released the first part of the 512 each model to 'Pre-Order' and payment was taken, considering they are a charity which has just made a significant investment into two Ltd 66s you can understand why they might of wanted to recover some of the investment to enable their charity activity to continue un-affected by the investment in these models? They have been clear that they are delighted with the interest and popularity of the models and the remainder of the 512 each are being kept until they are in-stock, thus to allow customers who missed out on the 'Pre-Order' batch enough time to secure them. The website clearly explains if you have signed up for the notification you shall be informed when they are in-stock to order or you can purchase in the LTM stores.

I am sure the LTM have been clear throughout these shall be much sort after Ltd models, and thus only fair to leave the main bulk of the 512 models each to purchase when in stock - which shall be in the coming weeks.

I do recommend if anyone has concerns, email Michael Walton, who is super friendly and shall no doubt endevour to solve your concern.

We often see moaning on forums about having to pre-order a model we have not seen in the fear it shall sell out before a model is in-stock, and then when in stock, forum users are disappointed with an error. Thus surely leaving the main bulk of these models until they are in stock to order shall surely relieves those (who seem to be significant in numbers) who have concerns pre-ordering before they see the complete product?

Thus no worries, plenty of the models to purchase once in stock - that has been very clearly communicated by the LTM :)

• RMweb Premium

I spoke to a very nice lady yesterday who explained, and I'm sure I can repeat it here as the info was freely given to me as a random caller, that the first 100 were sold of each, and that of the remaining c400 of each, 250 would be offered on the web, and c150 from the shop. Still plenty of opportunity to get one (he says now expecting to miss out!!).

Form an orderly queue :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I did originally want to acquire these two but I have decided not to now just because of the price and the amount of other locos and stock that I want to acquire.

I have been checking the LTM website regularly though to see the availability and I have only seen on one occasion the opportunity to pre-order one. Bu then what if you pre-order one and you can't pre-order the other to go with it. Doesn't seem to make very much sense to me. The locos are a pair more or less because they were repainted at the same time, the liveries were/are for the same purpose and just in my eyes the majority will want them both.

Something I have noticed though throughout this thread and since the models were announced is that various people have been told various things by LTM. The ordering process also seems unfair and lacks consistency. Why can you only acquire one of the models in a one/two day window before you have to wait and pre-order again? It does seem very difficult for people to be able to actually pre-order one. You would also think for the amount of money they are each that pre-ordering would be easy and simple and not difficult and complex.

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission

I did originally want to acquire these two but I have decided not to now just because of the price and the amount of other locos and stock that I want to acquire.

I have been checking the LTM website regularly though to see the availability and I have only seen on one occasion the opportunity to pre-order one. Bu then what if you pre-order one and you can't pre-order the other to go with it. Doesn't seem to make very much sense to me. The locos are a pair more or less because they were repainted at the same time, the liveries were/are for the same purpose and just in my eyes the majority will want them both.

Something I have noticed though throughout this thread and since the models were announced is that various people have been told various things by LTM. The ordering process also seems unfair and lacks consistency. Why can you only acquire one of the models in a one/two day window before you have to wait and pre-order again? It does seem very difficult for people to be able to actually pre-order one. You would also think for the amount of money they are each that pre-ordering would be easy and simple and not difficult and complex.

I totally agree with you, couldn't believe my luck when I saw the box 'Pre-Order'...

But I wouldn't worry about acquiring both of them they don't run as a pair, and I'm sure there are plenty to go round.

There is a glut of 66's in manufacture this year having hardly had any new ones for several years, both standard releases and LE's...

The last I believe were both LE's 66111 and 66050...

Gulp, realised I've spent £450 on three locomotives  :O

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Premium

I totally agree with you, couldn't believe my luck when I saw the box 'Pre-Order'...

But I wouldn't worry about acquiring both of them they don't run as a pair, but I'm sure there are plenty to go round.

There is a glut of 66's in manufacture this year having hardly had any new ones for several years...

The last I believe were both LE's 66111 and 66050...

That's very true.

66416, 66418, 66434, 66718, 66720 and 66721 are all due for release in the next couple of months.

Yes I do think that 050 and 111 were the last ones to be produced although both were Limited Editions.

That's very true.

66416, 66418, 66434, 66718, 66720 and 66721 are all due for release in the next couple of months.

Yes I do think that 050 and 111 were the last ones to be produced although both were Limited Editions.

I know they're not due just yet but don't forget the two EWS / DB as well, 66040 and 065, and the GB Aggregates 66711   :declare:

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Premium

I know they're not due just yet but don't forget the two EWS / DB as well, 66040 and 065, and the GB Aggregates 66711   :declare:

That's also very true.

I'm opting for some Freightliner 416 models and DRS 434 models to renumber and possibly a 418 model. I'm leaving the four GBRF 66s because I don't really model or run GBRF locos. As for the EWS 66s I'm considering a 040 and three 065 models, two to renumber.

I've not seen any decent transfers for the EWS maroon numbers or letters. Apparently they can't replicate the colour very easy and they always look to light. The weathering will be a challenge on 065, there are a few running round like this now though..

Good luck....

• RMweb Premium

I've not seen any decent transfers for the EWS maroon numbers or letters. Apparently they can't replicate the colour very easy and they always look to light. The weathering will be a challenge on 065, there are a few running round like this now though..

Good luck....

Have you tried Precision Decals?

He does full number sets for EWS 66s, so no problem with colour matching or lining up.

Cheers,

Mick