Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

• RMweb Premium

A question for Paul - can the function keys be re-mapped?  As a Lenz 90 user, more that F8 takes a bit of a struggle!  I have favourite keys for sounds on some other locos, it would be nice to make them the same.  F4 for flange squeal, for instance?

Thanks

Neil

• Like 1

A question for Paul - can the function keys be re-mapped?  As a Lenz 90 user, more that F8 takes a bit of a struggle!  I have favourite keys for sounds on some other locos, it would be nice to make them the same.  F4 for flange squeal, for instance?

Thanks

Neil

Neil,

Yes that's easily possible. Only you can decide if it's desirable. Putting Flange on F Key 4 will mean that the two tone horn either has to be abandoned or mapped to another F key.

Download the Functions List, link posted earlier.

The CVs you need to do the sound remapping and the values to use can be seen to the right against each F key allocation.

You'd have more fun with a Lenz 100 though. Lol

Kind regards,

Paul

• RMweb Gold

As long as you can push buttons or turn a throttle knob ?  - this loco almost drives itself ! 

Can't do that, :no: have not got any buttons to push or a throttle knob to turn....... use my mobile phone wifi'd to my Z21 :senile:  :imsohappy:

Keith

I got an Email late yesterday stating that ,y order status had changed from "Order received" to "Order Shipped".

:)  :)

Kev.

Me too,  It'll probably arrive after Christmas now but either way, Not fussed.  Great service considering they said it might not even get shipped out till the new year!

• RMweb Gold

Me too,  It'll probably arrive after Christmas now but either way, Not fussed.  Great service considering they said it might not even get shipped out till the new year!

It will be worth the wait.  The product - which I use to describe the loco, its packaging and the sound decoder/sound (so often a costly, but disappointing add-on) - is superb.  Quite simply the best r-t-r diesel loco I have seen.  Enjoy - and spread the word.

Here she is passing through Doncaster on a running-in turn.

post-3981-0-71879500-1450781010_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

whats refreshing about the SLW product is that is was BANG here is the announcement, send us your order now we have them ready to dispatch (almost).  none of the 3 years plus wait between announcement and availability. a nice change and I dare say many actually prefer this......yes I like the model, I want it now have the money and it will arrive in a week or two not a year or two or three.........the model looks superb.

I hope that SLW looks at N gauge too...............

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Kev,

No warrantee can reduce the protection that the Law gives, so to that extent warrantees are worthless.

I never fill out 'guarantee forms' with any purchase, their sole useful purpose is to give the manufacturer your name, address, 'phone number(s) and email address which they can use for marketing purposes.

I rarely have cause for complaint with items I buy, but if I do, I return to the seller, explain politely what the problem is and ask how they intend to solve it. Most retailers know that the weight of the Law is with the consumer, but perhaps more importantly, that it takes time to build a good reputation and a few moments to loose it with poor customer care.

On the three occassions that retailers have tried to get out of their obligations, a letter detailing the case I would be putting before the Court has pursuaded them that they would like to settle the matter amicably after all. 

In this specific instance, I would suggest you look to see if RAIL EXCLUSIVE (as they are the retailer of this model) has a good or a bad reputation for quality of product and efficiency of customer care and base your judgement on what you find.

My own view is that with RAIL EXCLUSIVE you can trust both to be well in excess of anything written in any warrantee. There are examples of their 'beyond the call of duty' aftercare within the pages of this illustrious forum.

Remember, this business is not a faceless PLC. If you have a problem, you can speak directly with the man himself, so it's in his interests to sort it out for you as speedily as possible and without rancur.

Kind regards,

Paul

I'm just a bit bemused that despite this being a Rail Exclusive product there is no mention at all on the current Rail Exclusive website about these locos, (which seems not to have been updated in a while), not even a link to the SLW site. Perhaps the level of demand has caught them unawares in that it is more than was anticipated would occur in the begining. I wish the venture well whatever as anything that pushes the boundries is welcome because you never know what is possible until it's tried, what works and what dosen't.

Izzy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I never fill out 'guarantee forms' with any purchase, their sole useful purpose is to give the manufacturer your name, address, 'phone number(s) and email address which they can use for marketing purposes.

Although such information can be useful when manufacturers are trying to track down purchasers of washing machines etc. liable to burst into flames without provocation....

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived yesterday and although I've only had a quick peak at it in its wonderful display case all I can say is wow!!

Just going off the packaging alone it's by far the best model I've seen produced, big thumbs up from me.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday and although I've only had a quick peak at it in its wonderful display case all I can say is wow!!

Just going off the packaging alone it's by far the best model I've seen produced, big thumbs up from me.

Cheers, Paul

Looking back I think mine got dispatched on the same day (although mine late) so fingers crossed it arrives today but not holding my breath.  Glad it's met your expectations :)

• RMweb Gold

Although such information can be useful when manufacturers are trying to track down purchasers of washing machines etc. liable to burst into flames without provocation....

In that case you contact the retailer and manufacturer, don't sit around waiting.

Mike

tarifa, on 24 Dec 2015 - 10:28, said:

In that case you contact the retailer and manufacturer, don't sit around waiting.

Mike

And what if you are not aware of it?

I have recently been contacted by the suppliers of a Hotpoint tumble drier I purchased 5 years ago regarding a potential fire risk I was not aware of.

• RMweb Gold

Looking back I think mine got dispatched on the same day (although mine late) so fingers crossed it arrives today but not holding my breath.  Glad it's met your expectations :)

I actually felt like a kid at Christmas opening it, the first layer, then the box then the tissue paper, just excellent throughout! Can't wait for an 08,37,40,47....... :D

Cheers, Paul

• Like 2

Don't keep him in suspense with the 8,37,40... just go straight to the Brush. You know it makes sense.

I actually felt like a kid at Christmas opening it, the first layer, then the box then the tissue paper, just excellent throughout! Can't wait for an 08,37,40,47....... :D

Cheers, Paul

Don't keep him in suspense with the 8,37,40... just go straight to the Brush. You know it makes sense.

There's a shed load of 24/25's and hopefully others to be done first, if you had a 24, you would have noticed that the main circuit board is generic !  small clue in the site address............................

Merry Xmas

Edited by tractor_37260