Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

Checked out their website - were they having a dig at Hornby by including a picture of their prototype at Margate? 

Model looks great anyway - not my era but promising for modern image modellers. 

Edited by sub39h
  • Like 1

This may help.  Reading about the loco, I was surprised how much damage it sustained whilst in service...

http://www.derbysulzers.com/5000.html

Thanks Gordon

I had a glance at the page, but hadn't had change to read it through properly. Basically it ran on all but the western region at one point or another, but did make some showing in its original livery on the Midland. Good enough for me, just waiting for the the order page to appear on the website now.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

This pioneer and a number of its sisters spent a few years on the SR.,don't forget. ...on passenger,parcels and freight. It will complement Bachmann EMU units,Hornby Bulleids and 2BIL and 2HAL and a range of green SR coaching stock. And of course,Class 71.

As a "flavour ",I just consulted my Ian Allan LocoLog Book for July 1959....on return journeys Victoria-Dover Marine boat trains.

DoverMarine,22/7/1959....Schools 30935,Bulleid 34083,34088,Standard 5MT 73086 and....D 5006 and D 5007(73C Hither Green)

Faversham 31/7/1959 .....return on newly electrified Kent Coast line by new EMU boat train, D 5011/D 5013/D 5014 (all 73C) and E 5001 ( 73A,,Stewart 's Lane).

A rich variety of motive power and stock.

24081 again.......

Ordered my sound fitted one earlier :sungum:  going by your first photo, I'm still undecided about that cab front glazing ?, perhaps it's just not pushed fully home, it's almost like SE glazing, regardless it's a huge step forward forward for D&E, and it's likely EE Brian may well be considering some laser glaze replacements. 

It's also worth noting that the wiring diagram schematic shows some interesting function outputs:

No1 end

F0f  Markers

F01 Tail lights

F03 Headcode ?

F05 Headlight ? 

F07 Cab & engine room

As 24/0s don't have headcode (boxes) or headlights ?  perhaps it's generic and can be used for future models also, possibly a 24/1 and 25's etc - just an assumption 

Edited by tractor_37260

Great looking model but why don't have a raised "BIS" panel, the real one is flush with the bodywork, I should know as I've thrown some paint at two of then and co own one ( 24081/D5054)

It might be picky but it's like pet hate just like models that have two red marker lights on, It's impossible for a 24 or 25 to have two red markers on at the same time

It might be picky but it's like pet hate just like models that have two red marker lights on, It's impossible for a 24 or 25 to have two red markers on at the same time

I think the tail light question came up and it was decided that although un-prototypical both lights would be lit, reason being although prototypical how may models would be sent back as faulty if only one tail light was lit :-)

I don't see the relationship here.  This has been a model unannounced until a few days ago, so as outside observers, how can we know whether it has been delayed or otherwise?  I know Rail Exclusives had stated their intention to pursue another model after their relationship with Heljan dissolved over the 33/0, but there was no release date stated.

....funny feeling that it will shine a light through some of the lame excuses from the big manufacturers about production delays being out of their control too.