Folkestone-Dover sea wall wash-out

• RMweb Premium

They'd make great Whisky rocks but you would need a rather large glass and also a big freezer to cool them. However I can't see a problem with a large glass of malt.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1

It's been bugging me for weeks now - I thought it was just rope from attaching a Costains banner or something - but now see the footbridge is "wired for sound"*....

post-8688-0-46012200-1486161194_thumb.jpg

Sparkies are usually pernickety sods, and everything goes in runs parallel or perpendicular...  so I'm curious just what all those white cables are for.

*Yes, I know it's not really, Don't mean it literally. Cliff Richard probably doesn't even know it exists.  But it's wired for something...

Edited by jukebox
  • Like 1

It's been bugging me for weeks now - I thought it was just rope from attaching a Costains banner or something - but now see the footbridge is wired for sound....

attachicon.gifwhy2.jpg

Sparkies are usually pernickety sods, and everything goes in runs parallel or perpendicular...  so I'm curious just what all those white cables are for.

post-13585-0-60439200-1486180876_thumb.png

post-13585-0-56803500-1486180924_thumb.png

• Like 8

Er, wasn't 'Wired for Sound' by 'our Cliff'?

(which might be more appropriate!)

post-8688-0-76637300-1486305533.jpg

It was indeed Cliff Shakespeare... er, Richard.

dt is just making an oblique reference to that which has been distracting me from my own layout these past few weeks (and weeks to come).

A news flash,from Nige,

From the Crow's Nest: Sailing Yacht A

"Roger Yacht A, you are clear for take off....."

What's all this, I hear you ask. Well, this is the long and eagerly awaited delivery voyage of the largest sailing yacht in the world.

She's so big in fact, that there was only one way out from the Nobiskrug yard where she was built at Kiel in Germany. That's because of the rail and road bridges limiting her options as her three masts, built here in the UK incidentally, peak at some 100 metres in height.

And therein lays the title of the post. She had to use the Strait of Drogden and that meant seeking permission to do so from Copenhagen's Kastrup International Airport as her height exceeds the 50 metres limitation to comply with aviation safety rules!

post-13585-0-71609200-1486375507_thumb.jpeg

And therein lays the title of the post. She had to use the Strait of Drogden and that meant seeking permission to do so from Copenhagen's Kastrup International Airport as her height exceeds the 50 metres limitation to comply with aviation safety rules!

That's done and she's on her way, heading for Kristiansand this morning and eventually onwards to Spain.

And when she passes the Dover Strait, we will be waiting!

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

'Near' by Australian standards.

Nah, more like right next door by Australian standards.

I had a proper 'Town Like Alice' moment (those who saw the film will understand this) when I was out in Aus.  One Saturday I ventured up into the Blue Mountains and popped into a cafe in the centre of Katoomba for a bite to eat.  As ever the locals were friendly and were interested to know where I lived in England so I duly explained 'near Reading' only to be asked if that was near Guildford to which I explained that it was about 30 miles away - so I was then asked if I knew so & so who lived in Guildford?  And I'm pretty sure the question was serious and not some sort of joke.

Edited by The Stationmaster