The Depots, Rosedale East.

Worsdell forever

Well, the plan was to take a photo of the whole layout set up in the hall at Goathland, but I forgot, well you'll all just have to come along this weekend and see it for yourselves. :sungum: :sungum:

Excellent - hope the show goes well. I am hoping to get down for a nosey at the layout on Sunday!

Well, the plan was to take a photo of the whole layout set up in the hall at Goathland, but I forgot, well you'll all just have to come along this weekend and see it for yourselves.  :sungum:  :sungum:

Complete with its Foam Spray sign

It was great to finally see Low Baring in the flesh at Goathland show today, congratulations to Paul on such a lovely layout.  The Goathland show is a cracking exhibition - thanks to all at Whitby MRC (including Boris and various others of this parish!).  I think everybody was wilting in the heat a bit today - we certainly had to repair to the hostelry at Beck Hole afterwards to cool down!

Joe

• RMweb Gold

It was great to finally see Low Baring in the flesh at Goathland show today, congratulations to Paul on such a lovely layout. The Goathland show is a cracking exhibition - thanks to all at Whitby MRC (including Boris and various others of this parish!). I think everybody was wilting in the heat a bit today - we certainly had to repair to the hostelry at Beck Hole afterwards to cool down!

Joe

Good to see you both there, oh, and the little 4 legged enthusiast...

The cameras are a really good idea and I think you've sold us on a similar setup for our next layout, it makes operating from the front a lot less intrusive so long as things are behaving themselves.

Things ran almost faultlessly when I had a turn operating (apart from operator error, I had plenty of that....)

The sound is personal preference of course (I'm not sure what a J24 should really sound like) but I did reckon the coasting sounds shouldn't be quite as loud as the loco under load.

My initial doubts were based on hearing the coasting sounds from a distance and mistakenly thinking that to be the main 'chuffing' noise

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The Depots will be at the Pickering show this weekend so I've been on with a few jobs to improve both the operation and look of the layout. I've added a board around the back of the fiddleyard and a curious little bracket. Under board 3 I've fitted a shelf for the cctv box.

post-7104-0-46957700-1534195470_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-41433700-1534195491_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-24810600-1534195527_thumb.jpg

Oh, that curious little bracket...

post-7104-0-18114200-1534195564_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-80505400-1534195586_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Is that to watch football while at a show?

Football? No. Definitely not. I think football would be the last thing I would want to watch*.

*Except perhaps 'The Real Housewives of Truro' or whatever...

Paul.

Just been perusing the events section of the Sept. edition of the Railway Modeller and was pleased to see that The Depots is to appear at my local Shipley show.

Then my heart skipped a beat and I stared in disbelief. Surely not! can this be? and I quote," The Depots, Rosedale East (00)."

Have you finally seen the light and adopted the finer modelling tolerances ie narrower track of the true permanent way.

Or are you consulting with your solicitor with a view to sue.

Edited by Iain Popplewell

I hope one day to be able to see this layout in the flesh.  This year's RailEx NE featured no pre-Grouping and very little Grouping and the organisers seemed unaware of any potential pre-Grouping layouts they could invite.

I have seen several pre-Grouping layouts with a NE subject in recent years (Marske 7mm, Seahouses (7mm) - though under new ownership it may have gone 'modern', sadly, and Danby (4mm)).  I would be surprised if there were not more.

I doubt I shall manage to get far enough south to see it at Shipley, but I hope the show goes well, and all credit to the organisers for their discerning choice.  Still, I hope see the layout at some stage.

• RMweb Gold

Paul.

Just been perusing the events section of the Sept. edition of the Railway Modeller and was pleased to see that The Depots is to appear at my local Shipley show.

Then my heart skipped a beat and I stared in disbelief. Surely not! can this be? and I quote," The Depots, Rosedale East (00)."

Have you finally seen the light and adopted the finer modelling tolerances ie narrower track of the true permanent way.

Or are consulting with your solicitor with a view to sue.

I'll slap Chris when I see him. 

• RMweb Gold

I looked at coming up for the show.  Best part of 7 hours to drive there, or almost £2k to fly, via Dublin & Amsterdam.  Hope it's a good show, very much doubt I'll actually make it.

See you at the weekend then...

I hope one day to be able to see this layout in the flesh.  This year's RailEx NE featured no pre-Grouping and very little Grouping and the organisers seemed unaware of any potential pre-Grouping layouts they could invite.

I have seen several pre-Grouping layouts with a NE subject in recent years (Marske 7mm, Seahouses (7mm) - though under new ownership it may have gone 'modern', sadly, and Danby (4mm)).  I would be surprised if there were not more.

I doubt I shall manage to get far enough south to see it at Shipley, but I hope the show goes well, and all credit to the organisers for their discerning choice.  Still, I hope see the layout at some stage.

Pickering's closer and if Stubby's coming up from Truro...  :scratchhead:

Is that to watch football while at a show?

What a great idea ;) Shame Pickering Town FC are away this weekend as it could have combined my two favourite things, well throwing in some beer too...... although the fiddle yard telly could offer a live feed from the match at AFC Mansfield!

Edited by south_tyne