The Depots, Rosedale East.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

The wagons nearly finished (2 of them still need couplings), the first 2 are a pair of early LNER 9' wb opens, both 3H kits one built about 15 years ago and the other this week, both have 'LMS' buffers.

post-7104-0-06971800-1536750967_thumb.jpg

The next 2 are an early LMS open, again a 3H kit with 'LMS' buffers and an NER d B15 2 plank open from a David Geen kit, built in 2000 and repainted and rewheeled this week.

post-7104-0-21014800-1536750981_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

This is the operators view of the layout, easy to get along the front if anything goes wrong and you can have a good natter with the crowd, trouble is you can't escape from those that are best avoided...

post-7104-0-61483900-1537102083_thumb.jpg

Looking down to the 'control panel'.

post-7104-0-03839700-1537102216_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Back home from a brilliant weekend at Shipley, a big thanks to John and his team for putting on another cracker, it's their 40th anniversary this year, looking forward to the next 40, we worked out this morning that I've been visiting the exhibition for 27 years (apart from a couple that were cancelled) and I've exhibited at 4 of those. Anyway layout now unloaded but not quite away. Shattered!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Back home from a brilliant weekend at Shipley, a big thanks to John and his team for putting on another cracker, it's their 40th anniversary this year, looking forward to the next 40, we worked out this morning that I've been visiting the exhibition for 27 years (apart from a couple that were cancelled) and I've exhibited at 4 of those. Anyway layout now unloaded but not quite away. Shattered!

I meant to say before now, that The Depots was the star of the show for me at Shipley. Paul has made a fantastic layout here, a model of beauty and an accurate and faithful record of this interesting prototype. I am mildly biased here in that I am, very slowly, building an S Scale model of Blakey Junction, up the Line from the Depots. So, Paul's layout is a great inspiration, a work of art. And it ran really well. If only I had the skill to model in EM! But I don't and can only look in wonder at Paul's fantastic layout. 

I meant to say before now, that The Depots was the star of the show for me at Shipley. Paul has made a fantastic layout here, a model of beauty and an accurate and faithful record of this interesting prototype. I am mildly biased here in that I am, very slowly, building an S Scale model of Blakey Junction, up the Line from the Depots. So, Paul's layout is a great inspiration, a work of art. And it ran really well. If only I had the skill to model in EM! But I don't and can only look in wonder at Paul's fantastic layout. 

But you can model in S?

• 1 month later...