NEW PRODUCTS FOR 2016/7?

Crepello

I believe the only other suitable renumber for the double flush tooling would be 47614 which would be most acceptable in large logo blue..

Cheers

Mark

Hello,

Quite a few others, even if you exclude all the relatively recent DRS ones -  which had filler basically stuffed into the old headcode panels (and surely attractive to the modern image modeller - 47790 anybody?).

I've converted 47535 into 47614, but needs quite a bit of re-painting including removal of the orange cant-rail stripe. 47458 was large logo too, but "Crewe cut" at one end, not a difficult mod though.

Others that were flush front both ends at some point were 47102, 47299 and I believe 47190. Maybe one or two I have forgotten on top of that...

Cheers

Paul

Hello,

Quite a few others, even if you exclude all the relatively recent DRS ones -  which had filler basically stuffed into the old headcode panels (and surely attractive to the modern image modeller - 47790 anybody?).

I've converted 47535 into 47614, but needs quite a bit of re-painting including removal of the orange cant-rail stripe. 47458 was large logo too, but "Crewe cut" at one end, not a difficult mod though.

Others that were flush front both ends at some point were 47102, 47299 and I believe 47190. Maybe one or two I have forgotten on top of that...

Cheers

Paul

I had mine changed from 47535 to 47458 - see my avatar picture. Nice job by Mercig Studios, as usual.

I had mine changed from 47535 to 47458 - see my avatar picture. Nice job by Mercig Studios, as usual.

47535 base body

I knew about 47614, but wasn't aware of 47458

Perhaps I considered it, but could not find any photos of it in Glasgow Queen Street (or such services)

Sadly I cannot consider 47190 as it had the same issue

edit :

I see the issue with 47458 now

It made a rare visit to Glasgow Central, but it has the long range fuel tank chassis, which the model did not have

Ironically, I could have swapped this over

Edited by mjkerr

47458 was allocated to Eastfield for five months from May 1988 according to Class 47.co.uk. I did remember seeing her with an Eastfield sticker hauling the 17.10 Perth to Montrose stopper around that time.

As you say the main difficulty is the boiler tanks. You could get round this by swapping the tanks around between models, for example 47562 didn't have the water tanks.

Thinking about it I could always do a swap, and post you a set of tanks from one of my 47/0s in exchange for the battery boxes from the non-tank versions. I would like to make a model of 47562 or perhaps a 47/3, for a bit of variety! Please PM if you want to swap these - the tanks unclip easily so no need to swap the entire chassis.

Regards,

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Now that I have had a chance to browse the official catalogue, I am tempted by Parcels green 47522 but don't really want the whole set, just the loco and maybe the van.  I am wondering if I should wait for someone to split the sets up and sell the loco separately or just take the plunge, buy it myself and sell off the surplus bits myself.

• RMweb Premium

Now that I have had a chance to browse the official catalogue, I am tempted by Parcels green 47522 but don't really want the whole set, just the loco and maybe the van. I am wondering if I should wait for someone to split the sets up and sell the loco separately or just take the plunge, buy it myself and sell off the surplus bits myself.

I got the Cumbrian mountain express set last year just wanted the loco......cost £130 ish sold the signal box off for £18 and the mk1s for around £15 each so the Loco cost me £70. Buy the set and sell off the parcels vans you'll probably get £30 or more for them.

Edited by acg5324

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Interesting detective work there. I wonder what the third vehicle will be? The missing Mk2a FK?

Hatton's shows the Capital Connection set has the following coaches: Mk1 RMB, Mk2 TSO and Mk2 BSO, so no FK, alas. It also says that coach numbers are yet to be confirmed. So the NSE buffet coach is new but, at best, it will be a renumbering of the existing NSE Mk2s by the look of it.

47458 was allocated to Eastfield for five months from May 1988 according to Class 47.co.uk. I did remember seeing her with an Eastfield sticker hauling the 17.10 Perth to Montrose stopper around that time.

I appear to have completely overlooked this loco, checked my Platform 5 book and it is there 

I will consider this in future, as it is an easy option if end up with another Water Tank chassis and 47535 body

Hm, some reason pics linked weren't working. Pics are up on the farish site.

The new train sets and collectors pack consist of what I can tell:

Day at the races - 3mt in br green with 3 horse boxes it looks to be.

Night mail - class 47 in green with yellow ends and two travelling post office coaches.

The connections pack is a 47 again but in NSE and looks to be NSE mk1s and is dubbed with 30th anniversary.

All 3 have new box arts and different from the style farish has been using past few years and looks quite snazzy tbh.

I had an email from Hattons earlier this afternoon informing me that my pre-orders for the Capital Connection Network South East & Night Mail parcels sets had been cancelled.

I gave them a call a few minutes ago to enquire as to the reason why and I was informed that Hattons have been advised that Bachman will not be producing these items.

The helpful guy I spoke to went away and double checked and confirmed that is what they had been told.

They still show on the Farish website, but hey, wouldn't be the first time it hadn't been updated, even though it shows the NSE 101 as available now.

Wonder if the items will be wiped from the catalog or now produced as individual items ?

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Hattons have also cancelled my pre-order for the sound fitted Castle. Does that mean they are not producing that either? Seems a bit odd given it was announced to much fanfare not that long ago! 

Tom. 

Hattons have got things confused before, I wonder if this is true or just a case of mis-communication. As Tom says, to make such a big fuss of announcing the sound fitted Castle then almost immediately cancel it and do the same with some of the newly announced NSE themed products does seem slightly odd and would raise a few questions if true.

There are one or two on this Forum who are closer to Bachmann's Management, maybe they could seek to clarify to stop speculation/mis-information spreading?

Roy

Hattons have got things confused before, I wonder if this is true or just a case of mis-communication. As Tom says, to make such a big fuss of announcing the sound fitted Castle then almost immediately cancel it and do the same with some of the newly announced NSE themed products does seem slightly odd and would raise a few questions if true.

There are one or two on this Forum who are closer to Bachmann's Management, maybe they could seek to clarify to stop speculation/mis-information spreading?

Roy

I have emailed Bachmann to enquire directly.

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Have pre-orders at other shops been cancelled, or is this exclusive to Hattons? If so, suggests a problem at their end rather than these items actually being cancelled by Bachmann. 

Tom. 

Just looking at my spreadsheet 47458 was not included as it spent less than 12 months based in Scotland, and there are other such Class 47 I did not include as well

612s became 492 & 593, 535 became 458, and 474 became 569.

All my 47612 became all of the InterCity ScotRail versions, except 47643 (6 of the 7 was enough) 
My 47535 became 47614, but this required some livery modifications 
One of my 47474 became 47114 
My other two 47474 are in the next batch, both repainted into Large Logo Blue 
With the release of the 47/7 these will be used for others with fuel tank only 

• RMweb Premium

Have pre-orders at other shops been cancelled, or is this exclusive to Hattons? If so, suggests a problem at their end rather than these items actually being cancelled by Bachmann. 

Tom. 

Nunny Castle is still showing as being order able from several other shops, including some who have been notifying customers of cancelations of Hornby items that were announced and have been withdrawn. 

• RMweb Gold

I've read elsewhere this morning people being told by Bachmann that these products are not cancelled, so it would indeed appear to be a problem or misunderstanding at Hatton's end. 

Tom.