NEW PRODUCTS FOR 2016/7?

Crepello

• RMweb Gold

Hallo,

I find it interesting that when discussing the EPB it is always a 2EPB. I remember them from the Sidcup line and I always remember trains on the lines to Dartford 1x 4coach, or 2x 4coach or 1x 2coach + 2x 4coach depending on the day and time of day

To me designing a 4EPB for N would be of more use and you can sell both versions from day 1 and the centre coaches fall in the bracket "design 1 sell 2", right? EPBs are for me the epitome of 70s commuterland and such trains were nearly always run in multiples.

I also expect most layouts wanting to incorporate these could easily run a 4 coach version

Please correct me if I am wrong

es grüßt

pc

Hi PC,

There's nothing wrong with your logic, but people are looking at a2EPB because that's the model they've done in OO and so they have all the research, CADs, numbers and data already prepared.  For this reason I suspect most of us feel it's the realistic option.

Adding an additional vehicle to the project would significantly increase its cost and complexity.

cheers

Ben A.

To me designing a 4EPB for N would be of more use and you can sell both versions from day 1 and the centre coaches fall in the bracket "design 1 sell 2", right?

I agree. The 4-coach version is also a more realistic prospect in N gauge where it is under 60cm in length.

The reason the 2-EPB is usually used in these discussions is that Bachmann already offer the 2-EPB in 00 gauge which makes it a slightly more promising candidate for an N gauge version. The amount of R&D work that can be shared between different scales is around 10% of the total production costs. Whilst not a huge amount, it may be enough to make "marginal" cases viable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon we could see a different Class 47/7 in ScotRail blue stripe livery....... and timed to appear when the DBSO is about due to hit the shops-an easy score really for Farish as the artwork is done just a renumber and rename.  My fat and shaky hands couldn't renumber an N gauge model so it would be good to have two RTR push pull 47 models.

Id like to see an earlier number 701-709 maybe Saint Mungo 703 in this livery.

Also I don't recall ever seeing a RTR bulled up N gauge diesel - the sort you used to see ex-works for special duties with silver buffers and white wheel rims etc. 

A split head code box Scottish 37/3 would also be good to see in plain blue say a Motherwell loco with leaping salmon logos?  Clydesdale anyone?

And as for all new locos, will the Class 85 AC electric see a visit to the shrinkray machine?

I reckon we could see a different Class 47/7 in ScotRail blue stripe livery....... and timed to appear when the DBSO is about due to hit the shops-an easy score really for Farish as the artwork is done just a renumber and rename.  My fat and shaky hands couldn't renumber an N gauge model so it would be good to have two RTR push pull 47 models.

Discussed before, yes why don't Farish do this and follow Dapols example 

Therefore there is almost no chance of this 

They have now covered all three versions of the Class 47/7 in four liveries so that is the end of that run, although there is still an option for two further liveries 

More likely is an updated version combining the previous Class 47 body and this long range tank chassis (what became the 47/8) 

Also, many of the Class 47/7 locos had damage repaired / flush ends 

This has complicated my project as I plan to cover 16 of the 17 locos 

Again, Farish could give this option as the only such loco so far has been 47535, again giving limited options for repainting

Edited by mjkerr

• RMweb Gold

I believe that Bachmann design all new models in both scales and make a go/no go decision wether to release the 2mm variant depending on projected sales, so there is always hope that we could see the likes of the MPV or Class 105 appear at some point.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Also I don't recall ever seeing a RTR bulled up N gauge diesel - the sort you used to see ex-works for special duties with silver buffers and white wheel rims etc. 

The Silver Jubilee set included 47164 in full Stratford bling with Union Jack and white rims.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

My predictions for Farish this year:

An all-new 25/3 to finally replace the Poole version

New GWR large Prairie, with Next18 decoder provision

170 to be upgraded with working lights and DCC capability

(as a new 158 I suspect is some way off yet)

Re-liveries:

101 3-car DMU in Strathclyde orange/black

150/1 in Silverlink

150/2 in GWR

Maroon Hawksworth corridor carriages

InterCity "Swallow" Mk1 BCK, FO - charter trains version

• Like 2

Guest eddie reffin

Might as well through my tuppence in.

New tooling

104 or a 110 would be popular and the mechanism already exists.

2EPB

25/3 is a logical one too.

Relivery

Large logo 47 with yellow head code panels

Executive Intercity unnamed as it could easily be renumbered.

Large logo 37/0 centre head code without the Hi Intensity headlight

Unlikely but nice

Strathclyde 101 and 108 masquerading as a 107

08938 Eastfied puggie

08 upgraded to have DCC socket.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This year's the 50th anniversary of the S&D's closure so a few models may be announced on this theme:

4F in BR black (from 44557-61 batch)

"Pines Express" train pack featuring Std 5 with 3 Mk1s

Scenecraft's Shillngstone station reproduced in the smaller scale

Other Scenecraft announcements:

Post-war pre-fab council houses

Football ground structures including terraces and turnstiles

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to see:-

Reliveries:-

• Class 150/1 Northern Rail
  • Class 150/2 Northern Rail
  • HTA - RF Red / Grey
  • BAA RF Red
  • MK2a in Regional Railway or Transpennine livery
  • Class 47
    • RF Triple Grey Speedlink
    • RF Large Logo

New Tooling:-

• Class 31 refurbished body tooling
  • Class 37/7 body tooling
  • VDA van
  • SSA scrap hopper

As many say, I suspect a retooled Class 158 DMU is a long way off, but should be a popular model.

Edited by richierich

Brand-new models (including variations on existing)

117 DMU (since they're doing it in 00)

25/3 as many people are suggesting

Refurbished 31 in Banger Blue (31/4), Dutch, Original Railfreight Grey and Regional Railways colours.

GWR Large Prairie

VDA or retooled VAA

Retooled and upgraded PGA

Mk2a BFK

Reliveries:

47 in Railfreight Distribution, RES and Inter-City Swallow

37/4 in Regional Railways and Mainline-style Inter-City

Mk2s in Regional Railways

Mk1 stock in original NSE with the lighter blue

Hawksworths in BR maroon.

150 in Wessex Trains maroon with tourist advertising

450 in South-West Trains

VGA with red ends but no "Speedlink" boards

Just been reading back over people's thoughts/ideas and opinions. A bit over a week now and we will know Bachmann's plans.

As always it seems a range of different wishes understandably driven by modelling preferences but also an acknowledgement of the realities of the bigger picture and the challenges of prices based on the increased cost of products coming out of China in current times.

I think most are realistic enough to recognise that it is unlikely we will see a host of new releases and I feel sure this will be the reality so people will not be disappointed. I would add to what has already been said that it would be good to see advances in technology feature. We already know a blue sound fitted 108 is on the cards, it would be good to see a green one too. Also the option of DCC sound in the 40. With these kind of features in my mind less becomes more..

Roy

P.S. Looking back over the whole of this thread, some of my own posts seem to have been severely edited unless it is a glitch and just how I am seeing them for some obscure reason???

Edited by Roy L S

• RMweb Gold

Just been reading back over people's thoughts/ideas and opinions. A bit over a week now and we will know Bachmann's plans.

As always it seems a range of different wishes understandably driven by modelling preferences but also an acknowledgement of the realities of the bigger picture and the challenges of prices based on the increased cost of products coming out of China in current times.

I think most are realistic enough to recognise that it is unlikely we will see a host of new releases and I feel sure this will be the reality so people will not be disappointed. I would add to what has already been said that it would be good to see advances in technology feature. We already know a blue sound fitted 108 is on the cards, it would be good to see a green one too. Also the option of DCC sound in the 40. With these kind of features in my mind less becomes more..

Roy

P.S. Looking back over the whole of this thread, some of my own posts seem to have been severely edited unless it is a glitch and just how I am seeing them for some obscure reason. If they have been edited by a third party I would consider it very disappointing as in the context of wish listing of new products/releases the comparative increase of the price of MUs as against solo locos and stock is surely a legitimate question/challenge even if I accept and respect others have different views?? If this was a Moderator's intervention rather than a glitch I would appreciate knowing why as I believe my comments were relevant to the topic and respectful of others.

Roy,

There is an issue at present with some posts appearing truncated following  a software upgrade.

See  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108043-new-skin-testing-particularly-for-anyone-whos-had-problems-with-editingquoting-etc/page-2    (from post 42) (and subsequent pages)

David

Edited by DaveF

far too avantegarde but i wonder if Bachmann will get to the corridor first and brake corridor firsts of the forthcoming aircon mk2f's.......maybe the livery worn by these will be a consideration limiting the appeal.....think basically its blue and grey.not sure if these survived into sector era.....

far too avantegarde but i wonder if Bachmann will get to the corridor first and brake corridor firsts of the forthcoming aircon mk2f's.......maybe the livery worn by these will be a consideration limiting the appeal.....think basically its blue and grey.not sure if these survived into sector era.....

It would be amazing if they produced an accurate replica of a Mk2f FK or BFK. If they settled for a Mk2d FK and BFK I would be happy - they came in B/G, ICE, ICS, ICS charter stock and there was even a NSE FK. 

• Like 1