NEW PRODUCTS FOR 2016/7?

Crepello

My wish list would include a:

2 EPB

Class 117 or a class 105

Mk2a BFK

Mk1 RBR

My predictions might include the following:

Last year we saw a couple of train packs announced that had been done previously as limited editions in OO like the weedkiller train and forthcoming Bullied 3 sets so I wonder if we might get some more of them. 37501 & 37502 double pack?

Re-liveries I think will include new 37/4 running numbers in Large logo and DRS liveries, new running numbers on Mk2 TSO's in Blue/grey & NSE amongst others......

Quite liking the Farish buses, particularly the National & VR's so some new liveries on them would be nice.

Shrunk down LT liveried class 66s, but they maybe collectors club LE.

I don't expect much in the way of new loco's but if there are new loco's announced then maybe AC loco and what chance of a rebuilt merchant navy?

Please note I have no knowledge of what Farish will announce so if by some miracle I have correctly predicted something it is nothing more than fluke, but please also note My history of predictions at this time of year is nothing short of dire so trust nothing I have written.....save yourself - walk away.

Re-liveries I think will include new 37/4 running numbers in Large logo and DRS liveries, new running numbers on Mk2 TSO's in Blue/grey & NSE amongst others......

There is no chance of renumbering existing releases of the 37/4, there was never a further release of the older 37/4 in Large Logo Blue 

More likely are the liveries not yet covered (ie InterCity Mainline) 

Whilst it has been confirmed there is plenty of demand for the Mark 2A TSO, the later InterCity version has still not been covered 

Ironically a ScotRail (both text and livery) version could also be covered 

• RMweb Premium

Quite liking the Farish buses, particularly the National & VR's so some new liveries on them would be nice.

Hopefully if they do more buses they will check the livery this time, the pale green boo boo on the Green Line Leyland National released a couple of weeks back stands out as one of the biggest livery howlers for quite some time.

In less than two weeks time the new range list for 2016/17 will be known. Somehow I doubt any wish listing now will make it as an addition or influence the announcement (but maybe for 2017/18).

Probably best to hang on patiently with fingers crossed, bums clenched and lucky mascots strapped on . . . . .

G.

• Like 1

I'm surprised at some of the items yet to be shrunk. The 7f for example. Maybe this year. Also where are all the chocolate and cream MK1's? Have these been sidelined to promote sales of the hawksworth coaches?

I really would like a shrunk down 4MT 4-6-0.

Some of the limited editions in 00 have made it to regular N production, the prototype deltic for example. Outside chance of a USA tank?

• RMweb Gold

No chance of a J11, Union Mills have had one in their N gauge range for several years now.

Roy

Union Mills also had a J39 Roy - the Farish version, I hope you would agree, is a better model. I have 3 UM J11s which I am still detailing - I really like them (and doing business with UM), but it would save a huge amount of work if Farish did it. The O4 is the one I would really like to see in r-t-r n though. I'm good for three or four of those!

Cheers

Alastair M

I was amazed to read the list of announced-but-not-yet-launched RTR models in the Jan issue of Grahame Hedges' always excellent N Gauge Journal.  

Castle

64xx

4MT tank

J72

Schools

BoB / WC

Pacer

Proto HST

J94

Q6

Hudswell Clarke ST

GWR Churchward 2-6-0

Pendolino

and that's just the motive power - there's also a bewildering variety of new rolling stock to come. All of the major manufacturers will have their work cut out getting this lot to the market anytime soon.

As such, I'm rather inclined to side with those who are predicting relatively slim pickings again this year.

Mark

Edited by msw2009

• RMweb Gold

Something I noticed this morning that made me raise an eyebrow, my pre-order for the 4MT Tank was placed in March 2012, so nearly 4 years ago now. Thats one hell of a development period! 

I would be much happier if, rather than announcing a load of new stuff thats going to take years to come to the table, Bachmann instead announce they have resolved whatever issues they are having in their supply chain that has been causing these delays and that QC has been sorted, because we still see far too many reports of issues with N Gauge models. 

That and a Lord Nelson.....

Not long to wait now anyway. 

Tom. 

Its been a few years since the Bulleids and Hawksworths were announced, and with the Staniers now on their third(?) batch, as well as the NGS BG being shown recently, I think it'd be worth putting a punt on Thompsons this year. They're a cert for production, the only question is over when they get their announcement. I do find it odd that the 4MT 4-6-0 hasn't had its day, and you could be forgiven for thinking 7F would be closer now that the 4F mechanism has been proven. The glut of LMS prototypes in recent years I think means its the turn of the other regions, as much as I want a Midland 3F that stands up to the wonderful 4F, I think the 'C' should be on the horizon for the next small black 0-6-0...either that or something small and Western. Oh, and following on from the 25/2, the ancient 25/3 is even more overdue its retool!

Union Mills also had a J39 Roy - the Farish version, I hope you would agree, is a better model. I have 3 UM J11s which I am still detailing - I really like them (and doing business with UM), but it would save a huge amount of work if Farish did it. The O4 is the one I would really like to see in r-t-r n though. I'm good for three or four of those!

Cheers

Alastair M

The Farish J39 is fine, except it only covers less than one third of the class, both tenders being 4200 gallon types as found in J39/2.  To get the most common J39/1 variety you need a UM with the high flat-sided tender which is nearer to a 3500 gallon type, and to get to a J39/3 you need a UM with a Midlend tender and surgery to the top of the latter to make it look like an NER type.

Hence my fleet of 2 Farish and 3 UM J39s...

Totally in agreement with the O4 (except maybe only a pair) , though I would have thought that a Stanier 8F would be more likely  as most of chassis would be from the WD, with tenders from Black5/Jubilee (less motors) and 4F meaning a lot of the design and tooling are already done.  Come to that the Crab also has its tender already tooled....

Les

Edited by Les1952

Since I've started repainting them I'll have to wager NSE mk1 coaches!

That would be very nice. I've resisted the repainting temptation for that very possibility.

But not long now and the announcement will put an end to all the wish listing. Well, at least for a moment or two. Then once it's digested and many realise they won't be getting what they want, . . . . the whole process will start again but with the prospect that it won't be put out of its misery until a years time.

G.

• RMweb Premium

Given what I am currently working on or have just completed then Mk2z open standard and Mk1 BG in ScotRail livery plus West Highland green/cream Mk1's are a given.  If that really does happen though I will be a mite peeved...

"Lunchtime" around here is a flexible timeslot, stretching from 12:00 to 14:00* so anytime soonish...  :jester:

* I hasten to add that the length of time spent ON lunch within this slot does not extend to anything like the whole two hours!

• RMweb Gold

Now listed in the Bachmann section. Only new item of N gauge rolling stock is a Class 319. Everything else re-liveries.

Another year of consolidation as expected.

Tom.