Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann Tornado

G-BOAF

It would appear that I'm the first customer from Gaugemaster to have one biggrin.gif And sadly, the first person it seems to have to get one replaced sad.gif

The number's been ruined on the right hand side byt some molden black plastic from the hand rail it seems when it was added on mine. unsure.gif

It is brillient though and I'm sure it'll be great when I get round to using it icon_e_biggrin.gif

Jon

A few of Tornado on Westwood Junction.

post-101-12612305576233_thumb.jpg

Outside the tunnel (with Maunsell rake in tow)

post-101-12612305650686_thumb.jpg

Front end from the right hand side

post-101-12612305732474_thumb.jpg

Tender and cab

post-101-12612305799064_thumb.jpg

Top of the new tender moulding

post-101-12612305849671_thumb.jpg

Nameplate and naming plaque

post-101-12612305906648_thumb.jpg

60163 Tornado, 4472 Flying Scotsman, 60019 Bittern. What chance of this being repeated in 1:1 during 2010?

post-101-12612305975802_thumb.jpg

60163 Tornado, standard record shot next to the roundhouse

post-101-12612306032726_thumb.jpg

60163 over the shed pit road next to the Super D

Regards,

Dan

Just noticed one little niggle with the model. The chime whistle has been misplaced. It should be near the top the the right hand cab side smoke deflector. Still a stunning model and hope to line her up with Scotsman. May buy some headboards to go with them.

Oooohhhh crap. First City Of Truro and now this...

Im gonna be really skint in the new year :(

Is there front footsteps in the bits bag? I believe it comes with etched plates? Are the front buffers painted? Think the plain metal ones like on FS and Bittern look loads better.

Let's see - brake rods (loco and tender), etched plates (v. nice), painted front steps, dummy screw coupler, two white lamps, vac pipes, cylinder draincock pipes, painted cab doors and a pair of spares electric lamps (unpainted).

The buffers are painted silver, I might try and take the paint off with a wheel cleaning pen at some point.

Regards,

Dan

Just wait a few months and you will find that the "real" one will catch up with the model.... rolleyes.gif Regards Trevor ... biggrin.gif

Or maybe the model's correct for now wink.gif . I've got a shot of it from a few weeks ago and it shows the whistle isn't on the top of the deflector anymore. It's where it is on the model.

Said Shot:

gallery_7534_552_137560.jpg

Sacrilege, making a Darlington built loco pull Southern region coaches! ;-)

Well, the real thing will be pulling something similar next august laugh.gif . Can't wait cool.gif .

Jon