Porth Merryn, Small Cornish Fishing Port

Andrew P

More great photo's Andy. A supeb little layout which just oozes atmosphere.

Anyway I see you said your next layout was going to be something completely different. A bit of modern image maybe........Pleease!!

Cheers

Marcus

See North Road for a Hint mate.

This area of your layout imho is a masterpiece Andy - so evocative of Cornish harbours (always seems to be a h*ll of a drop to the water).  A little gem.  Beautiful, mate.

Regards,

Brian.

Yes Brian, the Tides almost out, just a couple of feet of water, enough for the Rowing Boats.

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

All quiet on the western front as they say.  Is everything all OK with you?  Plotting your next project perhaps?

Best regards,

Brian.

Got me going there for a minute, Andy but wrong North Road!

Brian.

Hi Guys, nothing to report, no new progress, no new project, back again soon Guys.

You don't half get through some work mate, my problem is I get all involved with one project of yours then you jump ship and start another, of course it makes no difference which project your on they are all worth a look at for stimulating encouragement, cracking layouts one and all.

Hello Andy

Are you alright mate. Have only been on here a bit myself just recently. Slightly concerned when I had seen you' dropped down to page 5 on the layout thread.

All the best mate.

Cheers

Marcus

You don't half get through some work mate, my problem is I get all involved with one project of yours then you jump ship and start another, of course it makes no difference which project your on they are all worth a look at for stimulating encouragement, cracking layouts one and all.

Thanks Marcus and Mike, Thanks for all your concerns, I've had a blank patch in the old brain box over the last couple of weeks, and now thoughts turn to selling Pencarne in the Autumn after the Photo Shoot by Steve Flint of Railway Modeller. I will then also be selling Porth Merryn and West Shed to make room for a new project in 2017.

Morning all, well after a lull for a few days, I've been busy planning as in the post above and also relaxing doing some art.  

Today I've fitted a back scene end board, that I've painted over the last couple of days, the road will need darkening down a little later.

post-9335-0-51967500-1467287962_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04871200-1467288008_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88919700-1467288059_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72181000-1467288107_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Hi Andy

It's been a long time on this thread Andy.  You have done a fantastic job on this one mate. 

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ray, yes just 3 months next Sunday from the start, the next plan will be something different again, yet another challenge. :O

• Like 1

You have made a cracking job on all three layouts Buddy, don't think it will be long for them to sell, then on with the next project, looking forward to your visit with Jeff (Binney) tomorrow...

Thanks Ray, yes just 3 months next Sunday from the start, the next plan will be something different again, yet another challenge. :O

Hi Andy,

You do move quickly with your layouts, without compromising on the detail, I'd like a swig of some of that bottle of inspiration you must have tucked away somewhere.

I don't think you'll have any difficulties whatsoever in finding a buyer for any of them.

Good luck with the new project.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You just cannot resist an new project can you? You certainly get some fun out of the hobby building them. I find nearly all of them inspiring (I am no fan of shed layouts ).

Don

You just cannot resist an new project can you? You certainly get some fun out of the hobby building them. I find nearly all of them inspiring (I am no fan of shed layouts ).

Don

I'll SHED some light on what I'm doing soon, hahhaha