East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

The only thing positive is the butterflies and colour, :good: shame it is not just a ground covering plant instead of the out of control species it has been allowed to become around the railway.:nono:

Correction

Everywhere

There is a space between two buildings in inner city Birmingham that has been so taken over by Buddleia, that you would need a machete (or better a chain saw!) to get into it, as it is so dense.

• Agree 1

My good friend Trackside ECML of this parish found this interesting video and ask me to post it here.

The majority of the video is about the need for the Werrington Dive Under and the journey through it on the LNER Azuma.  There are some excellent cab views, especially from the rear cab on the return journey.  I can only post it as a Youtube link as it is not possible to embed the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxJurn0x7M

• Like 1

Saturday 15th January

Off topic 

A view of an Azuma, from the city centre Nene Valley Railway car park, waiting at a red on the March line. For the second weekend in a row there are works trains on the ECML and diversions.  Also power lines down south of Peterborough I just heard:

20220115_134753.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Donington Road said:

All I see on your post is this, no clickable link to take you to the video.:scratchhead:

2022-01-15_14-03-29.jpg.5fc2acd4ba52185cbc8eda5095739d5b.jpg

Strange that, because I copied the address posted it (to check what would happen) and it immediately embedded, I then went onto another PC to check and it was fine.

I also checked it on an Android tablet and that works fine as well.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Donington Road said:

All I see on your post is this, no clickable link to take you to the video.:scratchhead:

2022-01-15_14-03-29.jpg.5fc2acd4ba52185cbc8eda5095739d5b.jpg

I've had that response quite a few times lately when trying to open various Youtube links; when I've clicked on the link again it's worked for me!

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Strange that, because I copied the address posted it (to check what would happen) and it immediately embedded, I then went onto another PC to check and it was fine.

I also checked it on an Android tablet and that works fine as well.

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Here's two screenshots:

Windows 10

1026024936_embedPC.jpg.d4248192355022584a6f66cce8774da4.jpg

Very, very strange :scratchhead:

We are both using FireFox, I am up to date and have disabled all add-ons and I still cannot embed that video link, in fact, I cannot embed any video from the Garath Dennis site.

I have tried numerous other sites and videos and they will all embed within this post.  I have now fired up another computer running mxLinux and FireFox, and it works fine, I can embed the link every time so it has to be an issue between my windows machine and RMweb.

4 minutes ago, 31A said:

I've had that response quite a few times lately when trying to open various Youtube links; when I've clicked on the link again it's worked for me!

I have tried every thing I can think of Steve but cannot at the moment pinpoint the problem.  I would most likely think it is another glitch on the RMweb side where only a small minority of users get these occasional issues.  We had one awhile back where the site would keep timing out for a small number of people, a tweak of the time period in the Content I follow menu has banished that issue.

The embeding of a Youtube link is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned, as long as the link is available, although a pretty picture does look better.:good:

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Trackside ECML said:

Just tried the link straight from here --works fine for me --Windows 10...

3 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Very, very strange :scratchhead:

We are both using FireFox, I am up to date and have disabled all add-ons and I still cannot embed that video link, in fact, I cannot embed any video from the Garath Dennis site.

I have tried numerous other sites and videos and they will all embed within this post.  I have now fired up another computer running mxLinux and FireFox, and it works fine, I can embed the link every time so it has to be an issue between my windows machine and RMweb.

I have tried every thing I can think of Steve but cannot at the moment pinpoint the problem.  I would most likely think it is another glitch on the RMweb side where only a small minority of users get these occasional issues.  We had one awhile back where the site would keep timing out for a small number of people, a tweak of the time period in the Content I follow menu has banished that issue.

The embeding of a Youtube link is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned, as long as the link is available, although a pretty picture does look better.:good:

I've got a similar issue - Firefox 95.0.2,  iOS 12.0.1 (macOS Monterey) and it doesn't work for me but it is fine on a machine using Windows 11 and Firefox.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Thanks Mick, but the You Tube sites that gave me that response were nothing to do with RMWeb.  York Station Camera on Railcam.uk.,  and Wolsztyn Steam Train Depot (Polish steam loco depot) web cams, for example.

• Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, 31A said:

Thanks Mick, but the You Tube sites that gave me that response were nothing to do with RMWeb.  York Station Camera on Railcam.uk.,  and Wolsztyn Steam Train Depot (Polish steam loco depot) web cams, for example.

I have no problem with Youtube.  The video that I posted works like any other when I view it.  The issue is that RMweb was not embedding the link I pasted from my computer (the same machine that I viewed the video) into the post I was sending.

There!!!  what do you make of that?  This computer has sat here for three hours or more doing nothing since I last posted a reply to you.  I go to my email, see three new posts, open up RMweb, refresh the page and start replying to you, paste the link again out of curiosity and RMweb automatically embeds it.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, Richard E said:

Same here - I can see it now. Very odd. I wonder if @Andy Y has any ideas.

3 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

RMWeb has been very busy and running quite slowly over the past few days. Sometimes it has timed out when I have been trying to access threads. The penalty of success.

I wonder if that had any effect.

Jonathan

Even the post from Melmerby (4th post down on this page) has come alive overnight.  I now see the colourful video picture he embeded insted of the black screen which I took a screenshot of.

• RMweb Premium

t'web is a wondrous place

This morning I placed an order for this years garden seeds.

The order went through, I got the payment succesful message, the thank you for your order. etc.

A few minutes after I got an e-mail confirming my order, followed by another saying "sorry, your order has been cancelled as the payment wasn't succesful."

Figure that out!

What's more when I tried to log back onto the account to re-do the order, my e-mail address "wasn't recognised" even though they had just sent me an e-mail to it.:scratchhead:

I did eventually manage to log in after several attempts, re-did the order and so far an hour later it still stands.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, melmerby said:

The order went through, I got the payment succesful message, the thank you for your order. etc.

A few minutes after I got an e-mail confirming my order, followed by another saying "sorry, your order has been cancelled as the payment wasn't succesful."

Figure that out!

What's more when I tried to log back onto the account to re-do the order, my e-mail address "wasn't recognised" even though they had just sent me an e-mail to it.:scratchhead:

I did eventually manage to log in after several attempts, re-did the order and so far an hour later it still stands.

Must be an affiliated site of RMweb.:gamer:

• Funny 4

5 hours ago, melmerby said:

Figure that out!

Sounds to me like you are feeling the seeds of discontent! I'll get my hat.

• Funny 1

On 18/01/2022 at 10:02, corneliuslundie said:

I have only watched a few minutes of the latest video, but the up line rails through the dive-under do not look as though they have seen any trains for a while. Is this just a trick of the light?

Jonathan

It depends on weather as rails can show a layer of rust quite quickly where other days it takes longer!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/01/2022 at 10:02, corneliuslundie said:

I have only watched a few minutes of the latest video, but the up line rails through the dive-under do not look as though they have seen any trains for a while. Is this just a trick of the light?

Jonathan

Looking at the Glinton Junction end the rails seem equally polished on both up and down lines in the video from @Donington Road. Nice video too.

• Thanks 2