East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Coming back the other way over the ladder at Glinton Junction was so smooth you couldn't feel any movement.  The only indication it is there are all the lineside boxes.

The only way to avoid the squished up view of telephoto lenses would be to allow us me two or three select individuals access to that nice tarmaced area adjacent to Glinton Junction.:crazy:

FTFY ...

• RMweb Premium

And, to complement the video from Donington Road, here is my passenger viewpoint effort - straight from the camera, no pretty bits and pieces and just of the run through from Marholm Jn to Glinton Jn.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

And, to complement the video from Donington Road, here is my passenger viewpoint effort - straight from the camera, no pretty bits and pieces and just of the run through from Marholm Jn to Glinton Jn.

Great video Richard. You had much better lighting conditions from that side of the coach on the outward journey.  I laughed at the comment "is that it? ", now who could that have been?

Three years in the making and all that interest you have taken and it's all dismissed in a second.:tender:

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Great video Richard. You had much better lighting conditions from that side of the coach on the outward journey.  I laughed at the comment "is that it? ", now who could that have been?

Three years in the making and all that interest you have taken and it's all dismissed in a second.:tender:

Not guilty, I seemed to have a group of Werrington based rail enthusiasts just behind me ...

Apparently they were heading for Harringworth this weekend if I heard right.

Views from Hurn Road of the landscaped field

Work ongoing in the corner of the site. The field is nearly ready to go back under the plough:

20211213_125850.jpg

A quadruple headed goods train in the background:

20211213_125857.jpg

A new train enthusiast:

20211213_125912.jpg

20211213_125913.jpg

Very muddy up and down Hurn Road. It looks like it's being brought in from the new service road:

20211213_130049.jpg

20211213_130041.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 4

Tuesday 14th December

Views from Cock Lane bridge

A better day as regards the weather but nothing was using the dive-under. I talked to Andrew Winch and Ken Hill and they hadn't seen it being used while they had been there.

Does anyone know why the dive-under wasn't being used?

57002 in convoy with two filthy Class 37s:

20211214_123919.jpg

Some concrete was being broken up:

20211214_124606.jpg

20211214_124618.jpg

A carefully shaped mound of earth is still there on the flattened field:

20211214_125718.jpg

20211214_125721.jpg

A Class 66 plus containers not using the dive-under. Everything was coming off the joint line on the old tracks:

20211214_125634.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

What we need is another line coming off the up slow immediately south of the station, dropping down at the same gradient as the March line does, crossing the river at the same height on a new single track bridge, curving across the flat land to join the March line by the A15 bridge. That way freights could get to and from the yard without conflicts.

Pity the substation is in the way!:o

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I suspect that there may be a lack of trained drivers. Hopefully the situation will improve over time.

I must be more patient it seems. I will keep revisiting the Cock Lane bridge during my lunch-times and when I am off for Christmas.

Edited by Crun

2 hours ago, Crun said:

Tuesday 14th December

Views from Cock Lane bridge

A better day as regards the weather but nothing was using the dive-under. I talked to Andrew Winch and Ken Hill and they hadn't seen it being used while they had been there.

Does anyone know why the dive-under wasn't being used?

I have seen three use it today, all on the down line.

Apparently some drivers have raised concerns regarding the position of signal P490 on the up line coming out of the dive under at Cock Lane.  Their concern is being stopped there and having to restart on the incline with a heavy train.

2 hours ago, Crun said:

A carefully shaped mound of earth is still there on the flattened field:

20211214_125718.jpg

It is going to stay there for awhile.  Lloyds Bank are looking to develop that field and have requested not to have the topsoil replaced.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

44 minutes ago, melmerby said:

What we need is another line coming off the up slow immediately south of the station, dropping down at the same gradient as the March line does, crossing the river at the same height on a new single track bridge, curving across the flat land to join the March line by the A15 bridge. That way freights could get to and from the yard without conflicts.

Pity the substation is in the way!:o

Oh yes, I see, another project to for us to report on.:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Apparently some drivers have raised concerns regarding the position of signal P490 on the up line coming out of the dive under at Cock Lane.  Their concern is being stopped there and having to restart on the incline with a heavy train.

Well,  the gradient was carefully chosen so that the heaviest train that might use the route could restart on it with ease, plus a margin of error.  If there is any justification for those concerns I expect a test train or two would prove it one way or another.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4