GBRF Fuelling Point

Georgie!!

attachicon.gif20160417_1711061.jpg

Although the real 66748 has just been painted into GBRF blue and yellow, mine will stay grey... for now!

Cheers, George

The 3 Grey machines where my favourite livery, I think it really suited the 66 shape.

743 I understand is currently being painted in Royal Scotsman maroon to match 746.

The Barbie's are going to be next into standard livery but 723 may be getting a "special" paint job.

Edited by Cradgebank
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The 3 Grey machines where my favourite livery, I think it really suited the 66 shape.

743 I understand is currently being painted in Royal Scotsman maroon to match 746.

The Barbie's are going to be next into standard livery but 723 may be getting a "special" paint job.

Thank you very much for letting us know.

I really liked the three grey liveried GBRF 66s.

Looking forward to seeing 743 in Royal Scotsman livery, the Barbie liveried 66s in the Europort colour scheme and possibly 723 having a different paint job.

• Like 1

Hi Richard, the grey really does suit the 66s they did look awesome. I have heard rumours about 66743, but I have also read a comment on the GBRF Facebook page that they was only painting one into royal Scotsman colours, so I'm just waiting to see what happens yet.

Sounds like I'm going to have respray my 66725 into its new colours. Certainly looking forward to 66723s paint job as I have heard its going to be striking colour/s.

Not much to really report on the layout as I'm falling out with the led yard lights, as I seem to be struggling wiring them all up. I keep getting two to work, then a buffer stop light decides to start working when it wants to, so I think I need to have another look and maybe change a couple of things to see if it helps. Whilst having a little time out from the wiring, I started adding little fishplates to the sides of the track. I have a few more to add and just weather them so they don't stand out too much.

post-6787-0-76341100-1463247364_thumb.jpg

Cheers, George

• Like 12

Not a lot has happened on the layout this past week due to work, but the 5 minutes I have had spare I did spend on the layout. I still need to find the time to wire up the yard and buffer stop lights, I also have a couple more arriving through the post. I'm hoping tonight to finish off the brick walls along the back of the layout and also on the bridge.

One area I managed to nicely complete was the stop board sign before entering the fuelling point, but I added a little hardstanding area and a little lineside telephone box, so the drivers have to call the fuelling point for permission to enter and below 66702 arrives at the stop board:

post-6787-0-76575900-1463849949_thumb.jpg

I apologies about the camera quality. I only have my phone as a camera I'm afraid.

Cheers, George

• Like 7

Whilst the workers last night took charge of the yard to get the lights up and running a couple of youths decided that the brick wall looked a bit boring and gave it a new look:

post-6787-0-10850300-1463925565_thumb.jpg

The first one says 'Geedog' it is my nickname at work and I still haven't a clue why, and the second is a minion dude, no reason behind him just like minions. Now all that's to be done is to stick the brick sheet into final position. I have also finished off the woodwork for the backscene, so now I just need a good photo back drop.

Cheers, George

• Like 10

Looking good so far, I like the graffiti how about some lineside debris to go with it, cones, shopping trollies, old tyres etc. Have you seen Evening star yet (66779) yet and if so will you be adding it to your fleet.

Looking good so far, I like the graffiti how about some lineside debris to go with it, cones, shopping trollies, old tyres etc. Have you seen Evening star yet (66779) yet and if so will you be adding it to your fleet.

Thanks, yes I plan on adding more detail around the layout there are just a couple other jobs first to do. I went to go see 66779 Evening Star last weekend and I shall be adding it to the fleet, I also have a couple others yet to add too. 

post-6787-0-81476800-1463931574_thumb.jpg

Cheers, George

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of an update I'm afraid, I have been busy with other things, but on Sunday I managed a cheeky hour with the layout. The main work has been on the grass along the front of the layout, I have decided to get rid of the fencing along the front as it was getting in the way of access when reaching over to the back of the layout. Also, with weathering the track many clumps of grass had also turned more or less the same colour of the track so these are been replaced by new, fresh clumps. I haven't yet wired up the yard lights, I'm not a big fan of wiring, but its something that I need to do. There is still a lot to do on the layout.

A couple of unusual visitors sit in the siding by the fuelling point. These being Freightliner 66952 and DRS 66407.

post-6787-0-37062900-1466453418_thumb.jpg

post-6787-0-76464700-1466453422_thumb.jpg

These locos will be future projects for the layout.

Cheers, George

• Like 9

Fuelling at other operators facilities is not as unusual as you think, I have seen Freightliner loco's fuelled at Heaton by Northern, Thornaby by EWS and Kingmoor by DRS!

Loco's hired to other companies is not unknown either!

Mark Saunders

Hi Mark

It wasn't being fuelled. It was just stabled in between being moved from the North Norfolk railway back to its home at Eastleigh which we were contracted to undertake. Your quite correct we do all fuel at each other's depots if required and yes it's not uncommon at all. I've fuelled our engines at Bescot before now and Freightliner have definitely been on our depot at Peterborough. We even borrow each other's loco's now and again. I've driven FL, DBS and DRS 66's. I think that there is a popular myth that Freight companies don't get on but in reality there's quite a good working relationship most of the time.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the information, it's all really useful information. The freightliner and DRS class 66s are to painted into GBRF colours at some stage. Looks like I now need a class 50, shall be added to the list of locos to get, haha.

Hoping to get some time this weekend to do some more work on the layout.

Cheers, George

Thank you guys for the information, it's all really useful information. The freightliner and DRS class 66s are to painted into GBRF colours at some stage. Looks like I now need a class 50, shall be added to the list of locos to get, haha.

Hoping to get some time this weekend to do some more work on the layout.

Cheers, George

That would be expensive, for a loco just passing through !

Hi George,

Nice little layout you have created and looks good. I'm liking your selection of locos too.

Marcus thanks for sharing all those superb photos. I've thought about updating one of my old blue 20's and adding 20118 to create one of those pairings and that has just tempted me further.

Thanks

Mark

Those locos do look good, I agree Mark  :boast:

A newbie enters service on the fuelling point and is seen in the siding awaiting its next turn of duty.

GBRF Royal Scotsman 66746 stabled in the sun:

post-6787-0-75287000-1466945471_thumb.jpg

Hoping to get a backscene sorted this week.

Cheers, George

• Like 13

A newbie enters service on the fuelling point and is seen in the siding awaiting its next turn of duty.

GBRF Royal Scotsman 66746 stabled in the sun:

attachicon.gif20160626_1319121.jpg

Hoping to get a backscene sorted this week.

Cheers, George

GBRF need to put a large logo on it but ye model looks great . You have a super fleet mate.

• 2 weeks later...

GBRF 66704 'Colchester power signalbox' awaits permission to enter the fuelling point. I have got myself a new phone with (hopefully) a better camera.  

post-6787-0-19238300-1468163508_thumb.jpg

In other news, no work has been done to the layout now for a little while. This is because I'm currently in the process of selling my house and the layout has been in storage in the boot of my car whilst we have viewings and things. Hopefully space will come available at my mums for it for a little bit. I'm very surprised at how the layout fits in my car and the amount of space still available.

Kind regards,

George

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier this week my new backscene arrived, and this afternoon I decided to get it stuck in place. I do have some ideas to add to the backscene as at the moment its a little bare, mainly low relief type factories/warehouses. The road bridge is still slowly coming along. The main structure has now been painted, just need to get some street furniture and the bridge will be finished.

post-6787-0-24356700-1470588348_thumb.jpg

Cheers, George.

• Like 10