GBRF Fuelling Point

Georgie!!

Another new arrival on the fuelling point today. Its been a long wait but certainly worth it as the paint finish is very impressive from Bachmann. I'm afraid it is another class 66. It just needs detailing and weathering now.

66720 arrives into the siding awaiting its turn onto the fuelling point:

post-6787-0-92354100-1471109780_thumb.jpg

There will be some other traction soon other than class 66s.

Cheers, George

• Like 7

Another new arrival on the fuelling point today. Its been a long wait but certainly worth it as the paint finish is very impressive from Bachmann. I'm afraid it is another class 66. It just needs detailing and weathering now.

Very nice model isn't it, I have just detailed and weathered mine!

• Like 1

The full sized 66720 is in need of a good clean at one end at the moment when I saw it stabled at Eastleigh last week.

Great image and interesting weathering. I always think if you did the same on a model it wouldn't look right even though it would be correct.

The full sized 66720 is in need of a good clean at one end at the moment when I saw it stabled at Eastleigh last week.

Thanks for sharing the image, Russ. Wow! 66720 looks mega weathered. Not sure I would dare weather it like that, although it would be true and up to date. I may have to contact someone who would do the job. I will drop you a pm though when the photo is needed, thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

All change to the layout today. I have been looking at the layout and sort of wondering as to why I have all the main scenic details hidden out of view where only the operator can see them. So, I have decided to change the backscene to the other side of the layout, in affect turning the layout around. This also means that the fuelling point is now more on view and any details are all on show and easier to photograph.

Hopefully this photo will show what I'm talking about:

post-6787-0-90731000-1472392090_thumb.jpg

The only thing now is that I have a fair amount of bare baseboard from some of the changes, but that's all good as I can get the bits box out and add more little scenes.

Cheers, George.

• Like 9

Looks really good Georgie. I can see your reasoning behind the changes to the back scene. You dont want to hide all your lovely detailing if your going to exhibit the layout,

On the subject off 66720. I was the culprit who got it dirty under the Stud farm loader. :nono: Had a nice shower as I passed under the loading chute. 

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Looks really good Georgie. I can see your reasoning behind the changes to the back scene. You dont want to hide all your lovely detailing if your going to exhibit the layout,

On the subject off 66720. I was the culprit who got it dirty under the Stud farm loader. :nono: Had a nice shower as I passed under the loading chute. 

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus, I had been wondering a while as to why I didn't just try the backscene on the other side, I'm glad I have now.

Oh dear that's not good, haha. Did 720 get a wash afterwards or is it still mega weathered? The reason for the question is because I'm wanting to weather my 720 but undecided as to what state to do it in.

Kind regards, George

Thanks Marcus, I had been wondering a while as to why I didn't just try the backscene on the other side, I'm glad I have now.

Oh dear that's not good, haha. Did 720 get a wash afterwards or is it still mega weathered? The reason for the question is because I'm wanting to weather my 720 but undecided as to what state to do it in.

Kind regards, George

Our loco's do get washed fairly regularly but it doesn't take them long to get dirty again. 720 has ended up on the RHTT circuit before now and has got absolutely filthy. So I would say do as you feel fit depending how you want it mate.

• Like 1

Our loco's do get washed fairly regularly but it doesn't take them long to get dirty again. 720 has ended up on the RHTT circuit before now and has got absolutely filthy. So I would say do as you feel fit depending how you want it mate.

I see I did wonder if they got a wash, I have seen 720 on Flickr on RHTT duties in a very dirty state, more food for thought.  

Thanks for the reply though, Marcus. Much appreciated.

Kind regards, George.

• 2 weeks later...

Another new arrival to the fuelling point, I'm afraid it is another class 66. GBRF 66745 'Modern Railways' is seen stabled alongside 66720 and 66719. Thanks to Richard for getting in touch with me about the loco, just needs a little weathering now.

post-6787-0-30779500-1473502794_thumb.jpg

Whilst I had the glue I also decided to attach the nameplates to 66731 and is now 'InterhubGB'

post-6787-0-39992500-1473502890_thumb.jpg

All the best, George.

Edited by Georgie!!
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

What a great little layout, it's going to be really good when you've finished it!

If you add some burnt umber paint, mixed with a little black to the rail sides it'll make them look unbelievably real, especially with the other weathering you've done.

Loving the static grass too, it looks top notch.

That's not a criticism by the way and I'm probably the last person you'd want to take advice from!  :laugh:   

Edited by scoobyra

• RMweb Premium

George,

as your topic is called GBRF fuelling point - may be you are interested into these pictures.

This is the fuelling point at the crossrail railhead of Plumstead.

28960670533_013ab9a4c3_b.jpg.

The two class 66 no 759  (named Chippy) and 771(no nameplate) are currently working on refilling a concrete train.​

Now the engines are a bit closer.

29474432582_4a74bfdaec_b.jpg..​

Edited by Vecchio
  • Like 6

What a great little layout, it's going to be really good when you've finished it!

If you add some burnt umber paint, mixed with a little black to the rail sides it'll make them look unbelievably real, especially with the other weathering you've done.

Loving the static grass too, it looks top notch.

That's not a criticism by the way and I'm probably the last person you'd want to take advice from!  :laugh:   

Thank you for the comment, I appreciate it.

Painting the rails is something I need to do, but getting a realistic colour is something I have struggled with in the past. I will certainly try your paint mix as your track work looks very realistic. May I ask what paint manufacturer you use?

Kind regards, George.

George,

as your topic is called GBRF fuelling point - may be you are interested into these pictures.

This is the fuelling point at the crossrail railhead of Plumstead.

Thank you very much for the photos they will come in handy as I'm still scratching my head as to what to do regarding the fuelling point area. I have searched and searched search engine sites for GBRF fuelling points, but have only found the one at Peterborough. I will now try Plumstead. Thanks again for sharing.

Kind regards, George.

Another big stock update, I'm afraid that they are all class 66s too.

Yesterday, one of the celebrity London Transport Museum locos came through the post. It is GBRF 66718 'Sir Peter Hendy CBE'.  

post-6787-0-42647600-1473598843_thumb.jpg

Today two more locos joined the fleet. The first loco is another famous loco and one I have been dying to have since seeing it is 66779 'Evening Star'

post-6787-0-91695400-1473599235_thumb.jpg

And the last loco for today is GBRF 66738 'Huddersfield Town'.

post-6787-0-90580200-1473599457_thumb.jpg

In other news the final backscene has been fitted, I just now need to reattach what will be the name board for the layout that runs across the top front of the layout, then the whole outside of the baseboards and backscenes need painting. It will be painted something similar to GBRF blue.

All the best, George.

• Like 12