Larkrail - Sat 16th July 2016 - Bath

Tim Dubya

Layouts

‘St Blazey Roundhouse’ 2mm finescale (1:152) – John Greenwood

‘The Pizza’ 2mmNG (1:152) – Mark Fielder, plus a display of American Nn3 (1:160) project layout under construction by Phil Copleston

‘Tillbrook Lane’ OO (1:76) – Thomas Twigg

‘Chewton Mendip’ (in S&D blue guise) EM (1:76) – Tim Tinknell

‘Bawdsey’ (originally 'Strove') EM (1:76) – the late Chris Matthewman's layout exhibited by Paul Marshall Potter

‘Laramie’ and Big Boys with sound! O-gauge (1:48) – Peter Kirmond

Are there any more? Edited by PenrithBeacon

Are there any more?

Yes! I have spoked with Simon Carstens this morning, and he confirms the following additional layouts for Larkrail 2016:

'Arigna' (4mm scale, 12mm gauge, Cavan & Leitrim Railway– Andy Cundick

'Trerice' (4mm, P4, 1:76) – Iain Rice

'Draycott Park Colliery' (4mm, 1:76, BR period, North Staffs) – Tony Barnes

'Carbon Footprint Recycling Co.' – Alan Henham

And possibly 'Henstridge' (2mm finescale, 1:152, S&DJR) – John Farmer (ex-Jerry Clifford), although incomplete and may not be on display. 

I have amended my original list of layouts in post #75 to reflect this.

Looks like Larkrail 2016 will be a cracking good modeller's show - NOT one to miss! See you there.

Edit: Replaced error above of 'Arigna' in 7mm scale with the layout which will actuall appear, 'Arigna' in 4mm scale by Andy Cundick. Ooops, sorry for the error!

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I should just clarify that Henstridge in 2FS is not a working layout or anywhere near complete. I'm bringing it along for John Farmer to pick up but mentioned to Simon that, if there is room, I would put it out on display.

I will, however, have the late Steve Sykes delightful little folding test track which will, hopefully, be in working order.

Any chance of slotting an extra day or so in between now and Saturday!!

Jerry

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Jerry

Or a few extra hours so I can get some kip after night shift. I have a cunning plan that hopefully will see me stop at Bath and not arrive in Bristol ;)

I should just clarify that Henstridge in 2FS is not a working layout or anywhere near complete. I'm bringing it along for John Farmer to pick up but mentioned to Simon that, if there is room, I would put it out on display.

I will, however, have the late Steve Sykes delightful little folding test track which will, hopefully, be in working order.

Jerry

Ahhh, right! Thanks Jerry. Simon mentioned 'Henstridge' only in passing but included it anyway, although I wasn't quite sure what that meant. Will amend the listing accordingly. Ta! 

• RMweb Gold

Who is this Carstens bloke?

An Amercan, also a publisher. Maybe Mr Castens is branching out ;)

The short lines of the US by Wild Swan? ;)

Mind you Mr Rice is well qualified to wander off on that path :)

• Like 1

Will he now go catchphrase mad and emblazon the shop with 'the real thing!' ;)

Oh I do hope it's nothing to do with this legendary catchphrase. I do believe Sunday afternoon television has never been the same since.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks very much for listing the layouts Phil, I very much look forward to catching up with you and Mark at the weekend.

One little thing though, we have "mixed arignas"

You have listed the very lovely  

'Arigna Town' (7mm, 1:43, 36.75mm gauge) – Dave Holman

but what is actually appearing at Larkrail is

"Arigna" the 4mm scale 12mm gauge model by the estimable Andy Cundick of the Cavan and Leitrim station of the same name.

As for 12 layouts - shome mishtake surely, this is the tea drinking and standing aroundfest we're talking about!

Last year's show raised £375.00 for the Julian House charity by the way, so thanks to all who came and contributed. Any profits from this year's lunacy will be headed in the same direction.

Simon

• Like 2

Who is this Carstens bloke?

Oh dear, my typo. Sorry Simon! Too much of a West Country burred "r" creeping in there.

Thanks very much for listing the layouts Phil, I very much look forward to catching up with you and Mark at the weekend.

One little thing though, we have "mixed arignas"

You have listed the very lovely  

'Arigna Town' (7mm, 1:43, 36.75mm gauge) – Dave Holman

but what is actually appearing at Larkrail is

"Arigna" the 4mm scale 12mm gauge model by the estimable Andy Cundick of the Cavan and Leitrim station of the same name.

As for 12 layouts - shome mishtake surely, this is the tea drinking and standing aroundfest we're talking about!

Last year's show raised £375.00 for the Julian House charity by the way, so thanks to all who came and contributed. Any profits from this year's lunacy will be headed in the same direction.

Simon

Whoops! Sorry guys, for both errors - now corrected with 'Arigna' (4mm scale, 12mm gauge, Cavan & Leitrim Railway– Andy Cundick

Edited by Phil Copleston

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear, my typo. Sorry Simon! Too much of a West Country burred "r" creeping in there

Well ectually, you have given the phonetic spelling of the way in which the posh side of the family pronounce the name, don't you know.

Trouble is, there are no posh members of the family left these days!

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy