Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

The green is mixed with Doncaster and Darlington engine greens with plenty of uniform green.  

So much for not wanting to use solvent based paints. There's a warm breeze on the night air so the window was open. Honest :pardon:

post-8964-0-44895700-1391940282_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-02162100-1391940314_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Edit = ref post 450.......But how did you construct it? You think oh they know that bit, and I am clueless. It's like watching magic tricks.......

Regardless you pulled the rabbit out of the hat, and acrylic or no it looks excellent. And if you are saying the angled white is Knightwing and the straight bit is you emulating it? WOW. Nice job, putting them code to gather shows the difference, but it is clear it is going to do a good job.

Edited by Jaz

The green is mixed with Doncaster and Darlington engine greens with plenty of uniform green.  

So much for not wanting to use solvent based paints. There's a warm breeze on the night air so the window was open. Honest :pardon:

attachicon.gifBox 1.JPG

attachicon.gifBox 2.JPG

Hi Sasquatch,

Magnificent job!

I wasn't going to say anything, given your health issues, but - whenever I can - I use Humbrol enamels, particularly when I want a matt finish. I only use acrylics when I have to. Uncomfortable, but I use a mask if it is necessary, such as when spraying. I have a face mask which I use when building my boat, using really toxic fibre-glass resins. That IS uncomfortable, sanding for hour after hour, sweating like a pig! Needs must.

Tony.

• RMweb Premium

Edit = ref post 450.......But how did you construct it? You think oh they know that bit, and I am clueless. It's like watching magic tricks.......

Regardless you pulled the rabbit out of the hat, and acrylic or no it looks excellent. And if you are saying the angled white is Knightwing and the straight bit is you emulating it? WOW. Nice job, putting them code to gather shows the difference, but it is clear it is going to do a good job.

Oh yes I should have explained.

Only one side of the cabin can be viewed at one time so the difference wont show.

A wide strip of plastic card scribed down the center, marked 5mm intervals, drilled with progressively larger bits. Then the outside V cuts with my mate Stanley :butcher: before cutting in half along the scribe. It did need cleaning up and adjusting with a round needle file, I held it in mini mull grips.

I will try to think ahead on my next build because had I assembled the window casement I could have sprayed all that green instead of sitting up half the night with a tiny brush and getting into bother with SWMBO. :angel:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've had an idea about these six station buildings. :derisive:
Basically they have plain wooden sections, door sections and window sections 42 of them in all. :O
The plan is to build one of each and an end then make RV rubber molds and cast the rest. Same way I did the Abbey.  :drag:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Sasquatch,

Magnificent job!

I wasn't going to say anything, given your health issues, but - whenever I can - I use Humbrol enamels, particularly when I want a matt finish. I only use acrylics when I have to. Uncomfortable, but I use a mask if it is necessary, such as when spraying. I have a face mask which I use when building my boat, using really toxic fibre-glass resins. That IS uncomfortable, sanding for hour after hour, sweating like a pig! Needs must.

Tony.

Tell me about it. I'm a cabinet maker!!! 8 to 11 hours a day for most of my life!! I do buy the kind with the cool flow valve. Problem is when routing eye protection must be worn and the goggles steam up.

• RMweb Premium

It looks good to me Shaun, just tell her it was for a good cause,

It made me happy, hahhaha

Andy :sungum:

Trouble was she got up for a pee about 2AM just when I'd cleaned the brush and sat down to post on here!! :nono: :nono:

Still waiting for the Hornby N2 chassis I purchased on eBay two weeks ago. Will be onto Shapeways as soon as it arrives.

I think 69467 in lined black will look good. Was that a super heated boiler example?

Hi Shaun,

69467 was a saturated boiler loco.

The signal box is looking rather excellent by the way.

• RMweb Premium

Glad you enjoyed it Duncan.

The plan is to do it in stages, although knowing me things never work out as planed. There might be some thinning of stock to raise funds for all that track and all those point motors etc.

Regards Shaun.    

I'm halfway tempted to build a proper model of Hogsmeade because I took a shed load of photos of the modifications made to the station so I could probably make a decent job of it.  I also have pictures of all the signs and little fittings that they put up that you don't really see on the films.  Should be a decent model should I ever finish it.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Great idea Boris! You could charge people to see it too. Display it as a permanent exhibit it in a restored Gresley pigeon van parked up at the end of one of the sidings. Wouldn't that be a dream!  

Edited by Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

This Queensbury plan isn't coming along very far. I was too knackered to get on and paint the signal box last night.

As for acquiring these locos, well I missed one sale on eBay due to my alarm on my phone not going off.

The chassis for the N1 I purchased three weeks ago hasn't even been posted and the seller has refunded me the money after I enquired as to where it was and why the tracking ref. wasn't working. The listing said Item removed due to item being either lost or broken. The seller made it seem as though it was an inconvenience to him. I've waited in for the posty every day for 2 weeks because he said it was signed for delivery.

The creek is so loud it has kept us awake all night. At least it has stopped raining! Hopefully I'll have some modeling time over the weekend.

Squatch.

Edited by Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

Will be happy to help! Have cut Wills slates for the signal box roof last night but that's as far as I got!

On a different note it has rained very hard all night the roof is leaking and the creek looks mad.

I acquired the windows and doors like you mentioned, just need to place an order where I can get the cottages. Then I'll be breathing down your neck for pointers.......

*looking forward to this, button* - you are gonna go so far, so quick! You'll be addicted to scratching's joys.

Edited by Brass0four

• RMweb Premium

The kitchen has a cupboard which is wet and the sky light in the dining room. there is a small pond in the back yard and the creek now looks angry.

It has been tipping it down all night and all morning.

I have just got back from clearing a blocked culvert and the little bridge over the creek one door down look bad.      

• RMweb Premium

the small pond in the back yard has grown to very worrying proportions and for the last two hours I have had to build two dams and managed to syphon the water away with the garden hose. Problem is every thing is now water logged  and the surface water is filling up the pond quicker than I can empty it.

Next job is to get into the crawl space under the house as I fear there is water down there too.

A sopping wet, knackered Squatch in Oregon   

Edited by Sasquatch