Abbotswood junction - Original layout - thread now closed please see Abbotswood and Norton Junctions

Phil Bullock

Agree with Brian, lovely 31 there, that carriage wash is brutal isn't it, they're obviously not diluting the traffic film remover!!!!! :O

Nice wagons too, I did a couple of the double door versions and changed them to the single sided alternate door versions from the Dapol ones.

But nowhere near the quality of workmanship you put out. 

I got rid of them as they were too early for me.

Can't wait to see all this new stock running when you put the layout up. :imsohappy:

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Gold

Have been installing Legobiffoman fuel tank speakers in our 27s this afternoon

They work rather well - max 30 mins work per loco, great stuff!

Off now to put headcodes and sound chip in D7100

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had an excellent shakedown session with James and Pierre Le Brun this weekend - and signed up Tarifa to the team too.

Looking forwards to what should be a super show - still lots to do

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

We will miss you Paul!Another time when circumstances are easier for you perhaps? You know you are always welcomePhil

Thanks Phil means a lot :) an I'll miss not being there :(

All the best, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Collecting van tomorrow first thing and loading up to be on the road to Trainwest for 1.30 with Pierre & Jim on board

BUT HAVE A STAFFING CRISIS ON SUNDAY - down to Pierre and myself due to family issues and re-arranged football cup final

Anyone out there fancy joining the team for the day? Please PM me if so

Phil

• RMweb Gold

OK so been working on second board tonight

Clive has kindly pointed out my compensation crank omission sins but planning to go back and retrofit

So my query is...

post-7138-0-48583300-1428608263_thumb.jpg

HAve paired up the points - A&B, C&D no problem

But What would the preferred route for E&F be please - lower - or upper, the latter using the tie bar of E to carry motion to the upper route

Opinions welcome please!

Kind regards

Phil

• Like 1

Collecting van tomorrow first thing and loading up to be on the road to Trainwest for 1.30 with Pierre & Jim on board

BUT HAVE A STAFFING CRISIS ON SUNDAY - down to Pierre and myself due to family issues and re-arranged football cup final

Anyone out there fancy joining the team for the day? Please PM me if so

Phil

Colin ?

• Like 1

For the record, you can't use the tie bar at the A end of a crossover to transmit the motion to the B end. Even the tinyest bit of lost motion would prevent the B end from moving fully, and gaining stroke using an unequal crank would make them difficult to adjust.  The rodding should run past and adjusting cranks should be used for each end to set the blade movement right.  Compensation is needed in the 'signalbox to A' part of the route and in the 'A to B' part.

And looking at your photo again, the facing points will need rodding runs to the FPLs.  And if you are modelling all that, add mechanical detection between the points and signals.

Edited by 28XX