Abbotswood junction - Original layout - thread now closed please see Abbotswood and Norton Junctions

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Phase 1 Geoff - 12 x 10

Phase 2 is another 6 boards and would be rather ambitious in the time scale available

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Bird's yard also knocked out a very large number of old London Transport buses, we have scans here somewhere of the standards waiting in their yard along with the NBL ex BR yard shunters. I think they also broke up the real Post office mail vans from the Great Train Robbery as well. Further advice needed on this one.

Kevin

11 & 12 April 2015. With any luck Somerford should be returning to the exhibition circuit at the show as well.

Geoff Endacott

I loved Somerford - could stand for ages watching the seemingly endless procession of different motive power. Look forward to seeing it again sometime soon. Is the stock still the same or updated ?

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had the layout up in the garden yesterday

Spent a lot of time getting routes programmed in to ECoS - and still not right! - but Jimbo has a new digital SLR to play with too

Unfortunately videos not up to scratch but some pretty good stills - some already posted in other threads where relevant, the rest are here.

Plenty of motive power on show

Firstly the signal box moggie seems to like the look of D9525

post-7138-0-15196400-1397920499.jpg

Heres 79 on a northbound class 1

post-7138-0-43239000-1397920528.jpg

5826 has been snared in the down loop headshunt. BR arrows on a green paint job? Must have been shopped at Doncaster perhaps? Has recently become a WR loco so that will more hydraulics gone.

post-7138-0-30745400-1397920559.jpg

D7577 heads south on a fully fitted freight - on transfer to 84A perhaps?

post-7138-0-76410200-1397920576.jpg

D185 heads south whilst 1662 waits to come off the Worcester line

post-7138-0-01996600-1397920766_thumb.jpg

And finally - is that an early sighting of the Easter bunny perhaps - or a fearsome beast?

post-7138-0-54389200-1397920796.jpg

Happy Easter all!

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 12

Guest bri.s

Great photos , in particular the class 31 and 45 .

I see the class 47 parked on the track to the next phase , is it just posing?

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Great photos , in particular the class 31 and 45 .

I see the class 47 parked on the track to the next phase , is it just posing?

Brian

Fraid so Brian at the moment although those lines and points are now all fully operational - but operators therefore have to take care not to drive off the end of the flat earth....!

Phil

• Like 1

Guest bri.s

Hi Phil , just watched your latest videos and really like the box coal delivery , and love the 31 on the manvers train.i think that's the best livery on a 31 I'm going to have to get a couple myself when the new farish ones come out .

Just wondering I've been thinking about pw huts recently and was wondering what huts you have around your box ? .

Excellent as usual

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Two projects over weekend

1. Redesigned pointwork at Gloucester end of fiddle yard - simplified with frog juicers installed so should be much more reliable, now needs two crossovers installed on the next board. This is all phase 2 enabling works and means that southbound trains will have access to 9 loops - just loop 1 excluded. And once the crossovers are in trains from loop 1 will be able to access the up main so the super long freights wont be confined to the loop in the up direction in future - a non prototypical limitation as currently stands as class 6 trains such as Waterston - Albion tanks would rarely be put inside.

2. Wagon weathering with Jim - 17 bacchy bogie bolsters weathered with frame dirt and a black wash, wheels and buffers toned down with gunmetal, wheels in particular are prominently shiny on these if left untreated. All are currently batting round the test track behind D200 at full chat having been serviced - btbs checked, wheels cleaned and axles oiled - with nary a sniff of a derailment.

D200 and D7646 have been to Howes for reblows, fetched them back Saturday along with D5901 which has now had its Deltic horns replaced with EE Type 1s instead.  And thanks to Howes for replacing the failed BP chip under warranty - excellent service, cheers folks!

There's a rumour abroad that some of preservation's lost diesels - Falcon, Blue Pullman, D5901, Class 22 - might be appearing at the Toddington Diesel gala this year. Watch this space....

Phil

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Ha ha

We had hoped to do that today but the weather said showers so setting up in the garden was a no no!

Did it rain?

No!

As soon as weather is in a settled pattern we will have something for you am sure...

Any requests?

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ha ha

We had hoped to do that today but the weather said showers so setting up in the garden was a no no!

Did it rain?

No!

As soon as weather is in a settled pattern we will have something for you am sure...

Any requests?

Phil

Er no just anything up to your usual standard will do me :) suppose you could sneak D6992 in if she's up and running.

Looking forward to it Phil keep up the good work!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

D6992 is in the queue waiting for a chip - along with D6785, D185, D7100, D1011/46/67 which are all otherwise finished. Jim is working on D7612 which was a scot with a tablet catcher recess so needs a bit of work yet.

D6601 GFYE D6885 BFYE and D6972 BFYE are new 37s that are ready to run though so am sure they will be appearing along with other newbies like D200 and D5901

Phil

• Like 2