All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

• RMweb Gold

HI Das,

That is a great mixed train. DId you record the livery of the HOA?

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

It was EWS construction.

I photographed every wagon - I'll post a photo of it tomorrow / later

Same rake worked down and back on Saturday 27 May.

• Like 1

We are pleased to announce that we will be attending this year's DEMU Showcase on Saturday the 3rd of June

Can't see you on the list of "Traders" on the DEMU website Alex - in what sort of attendance will you be there? - Boxenby?!! :O

Going via the WCML via Birmingham NS all being well.

Ian

Can't see you on the list of "Traders" on the DEMU website Alex - in what sort of attendance will you be there? - Boxenby?!! :O

Going via the WCML via Birmingham NS all being well.

Ian

Hi Ian, I think it may be quite a few years before Boxenby will be ready to attend DEMU, if ever!!!

Cav and I will be attending on Saturday with our 3D Printed model, please do come and have a chat.

Hi Ian, I think it may be quite a few years before Boxenby will be ready to attend DEMU, if ever!!!

Cav and I will be attending on Saturday with our 3D Printed model, please do come and have a chat.

Alex... consider Boxenby provisionally booked for 2025! ;-)

Sorry I haven't updated the Showcase website - I need to do that. Cavalex are a late addition!

Guy

A good day was had with the Cavalex stand at DEMU today. Plenty of interest.

Thought that I'd post a quick pic of the 3D prints done from the tooling drawings.

There is still time to pre order if you are quick as we are currently accepting the deposit payments.

I would like to thank everyone that has supported us in this project so far.

post-6894-0-90608400-1496515972_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Just wanted to pass on our thanks to Guy and John from DEMU, as Cav has said, we had a very enjoyable day yesterday at Showcase.

Thanks to all those that stopped by to see our 3D Printed PGA and have a chat. It was nice to meet those that have kindly supported our project for which we are very grateful.

The PGAs looked good behind the Large Logo Grid!

They've a lovely optical "heft" to them, the long wheelbase and side panels making them appear capable of conveying (and thus weighing) much more than they actually could. Well captured on the Cavalex 3D printed samples.

C6T.

Nice as the model is (and very nice it looks, having crawled over a real one a few months back) that display is excellent! The temptation to model a quarry loading area returns...

Jo

They've a lovely optical "heft" to them, the long wheelbase and side panels making them appear capable of conveying (and thus weighing) much more than they actually could. Well captured on the Cavalex 3D printed samples.

C6T.

Thanks C6T, the 3D Prints have come out really well, very nice wagons they are too.

Oh, and Alex, there's no such thing as a "wrong" sector (or otherwise liveried) 60!

The Tugs are Alright!

C6T.

I agree, I am a big fan of the Brush Beasts. Sector was always my favourite livery for them.

5084222747_50be664f8c_z.jpgClass 60 60035 Trowse 8/5/1991 by Quinton Biddle, on Flickr

• Like 1

Nice as the model is (and very nice it looks, having crawled over a real one a few months back) that display is excellent! The temptation to model a quarry loading area returns...

Jo

Thanks Jo, may be we could tempt you with an N gauge version?!!

Not sure If I have posted this before but I thought this might be of interest. At 8:42 there is a BR blue 47 on HEAs which also has a rake of Redland PGAs, I presume that the train may have been mixed at March for a return journey north making use of the one working. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/s0R56FyO1MI?t=8m42s

And then at 23:34 there is a pair of 20s

https://youtu.be/s0R56FyO1MI?t=23m34s

interesting that in July 1988 there were still some PGAs wearing the original Redland livery. This was a topic of conversation on Saturday at DEMU, when the wagons were all in the later all over green livery minus the grey stripe.

Not sure If I have posted this before but I thought this might be of interest. At 8:42 there is a BR blue 47 on HEAs which also has a rake of Redland PGAs, I presume that the train may have been mixed at March for a return journey north making use of the one working. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/s0R56FyO1MI?t=8m42s

And then at 23:34 there is a pair of 20s

https://youtu.be/s0R56FyO1MI?t=23m34s

interesting that in July 1988 there were still some PGAs wearing the original Redland livery. This was a topic of conversation on Saturday at DEMU, when the wagons were all in the later all over green livery minus the grey stripe.

Bit of a guess here, but I would suspect that one of the two portions that would have been combined in March Down Yard to run to Mountsorrel was running late and the opportunity was taken to add the on time emptys to a SCN train returning to Toton.

The hoppers could then have been deposited in Mountsorrel sdgs en route for loading more or less to time (or maybe even early) with only a proportion arriving late back at Mountsorrel.

These hoppers worked fairly intensive circuits and late loading would delay the next outbound and if an opportunity existed to get them back to Mountsorrel earlier it would have been taken.

The 20s back in 1988 would be more likely to have been the portion locos forward of March to Kennett or Barham with the main loco (a 56) going to Trowse, so maybe the 56 failed resulting in the late running ?

As regards the being tempted by an N gauge version, oh yes, cheque book/credit cards at the ready, bring em on.

Regards

Scott

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

July 2017 Update

We have now completed the process of taking deposits and will now move to the next stage and commence tooling.
Our thanks to all those that have supported our project, it is very much appreciated.

We are pleased to announce that the following retailers will be stocking our new PGA wagon; Collets Models of Exmouth; C&M Models of Carlisle; John Dutfield, Chelmsford; and Trains 4U of Peterborough.

Regular updates will be made as the tooling process progresses.

Link here;

http://www.cavalexmodels.com/Projects.html

• Like 6