Graham_Muz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Graham_Muz I am also modelling a SR dock inspired layout. I have a model rail USA tank and a Dapol B4. I have crew but can't for the life of me find how to get into the cabs to fit them. As you have both any hints or guides?

Also would the USA tank have any form of cab lighting? I'd like the crew to be visible!

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 10/05/2024 at 11:04, Fettster42 said:

@Graham_Muz I am also modelling a SR dock inspired layout. I have a model rail USA tank and a Dapol B4. I have crew but can't for the life of me find how to get into the cabs to fit them. As you have both any hints or guides?

Also would the USA tank have any form of cab lighting? I'd like the crew to be visible!

Thanks

I must admit I crew mine using each crew member held rather undignified by the head using tweezers and feed feet first through the cab openings. 

Edited by Graham_Muz

5 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

I must admit I crew mine using each crew member held in dignified by the head using tweezers and feed feet first through the cab openings. 

I feared that might be the solution!

• RMweb Gold

I have both of these classes and fitted crew the same way - feet first through the windows.

I didn't find it that difficult - and perhaps easier than a P class!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Day two of the Isle of Wight model event with Canute Road Quay and the occasional 1:1 scale train as well.IMG_4982.jpeg.801d97457a70b6ad008ba77b1d8e2813.jpegIMG_4975.jpeg.b5001c1685d5fd74ef3b7130c60eeea7.jpegIMG_4980.jpeg.1e6f927f7553146bc029d42158b81b47.jpegIMG_4985.jpeg.c41ca512a582653258ab1b8d95dab6c5.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Close to your heart , the The Swanage Railway features this week on the excellent tv programme The Big Steam Adventure with John Sergeant @Graham_Muz

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1