Pig Lane BR Western Region

Clive Mortimore

Sorry if my critiscism of your Heljan 47 made you buy a Bachmann one.

It's only because it looked so 'just out of the box for the very first time' that I mused if it was indeed a new Bachmann one and was concerned as there was something not '47' about it.  Once you explained it was a Heljan Tubby Duff it became clear why it didn't look quite right.

Somehow, I think you are fibbing about not model making anymore, there are plenty of coach diagrams for you go at.   Your explanation of North British modular hacking to get classes 21,22,29 and 41 was eye opening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Sorry if my critiscism of your Heljan 47 made you buy a Bachmann one.

It's only because it looked so 'just out of the box for the very first time' that I mused if it was indeed a new Bachmann one and was concerned as there was something not '47' about it.  Once you explained it was a Heljan Tubby Duff it became clear why it didn't look quite right.

Somehow, I think you are fibbing about not model making anymore, there are plenty of coach diagrams for you go at.   Your explanation of North British modular hacking to get classes 21,22,29 and 41 was eye opening.

Hi Woody

I don't need positive or negative criticism of anything to go and spend my money. 

OK I told a porkie, but no more diesel locomotive classes. Got too many already.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Stock done well except the Lima bubble car.

When I was watching you were very good at doing a surreptitious prod at the bogie in the fiddle yard to get it going.

Thank you for bringing it out again and for the chat at the show.

And to Paul for operating - I returned when you weren’t there and I liked his style!

Paul.

• Like 2

glad to hear you had a good time, as the interaction with like minded fellow nutters is what keeps the mojo alive.

If it wasn`t for places like this, I think either me or our lass would have been locked up after two years of only each other to interact with lol.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Cor blimey guv, it is nearly a year since I have posted on here. Well the main reason is to let you know that Pig Lane is a replacement for Dave Tailby's Victoria layout at this weekend's York Show.

Please do pop along and tell me it is all wrong and as a Western Region layout should be called Pig Hill not Pig Lane. After all the Saxon place of Swine Dun (aka Pig Hill) did become the headquarters of that famous railway The Midland and South Western Junction Railway.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

@Clive MortimoreIf you are bringing the bright original Heljan Tubby Duff in blue with bright handrails and suchlike - expect abuse. 🤣

And what is wrong with bright things? I do realise that the term bright things doesn't always apply to everyone. 😉

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

And what is wrong with bright things? I do realise that the term bright things doesn't always apply to everyone. 😉

I don't know, I really took exception to it, it's not something I normally do but something about it's presence irked me 🤣

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1