Pig Lane BR Western Region

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

I had to pop out to the manshed, and while in there I checked the ballast, it has stuck down and don't look too bad. It is also the first time I have ballasted a train set without gluing the tie bars on the points solid. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3

With the Ballast done mate, it sounds like time for MORE PICS please, it's nice outside today, so the perfect opportunity I would have thought, but cover your head up first or you'll look like a Beetroot. hahhahah :no:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :scared:

• RMweb Premium

With the Ballast done mate, it sounds like time for MORE PICS please, it's nice outside today, so the perfect opportunity I would have thought, but cover your head up first or you'll look like a Beetroot. hahhahah :no:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :scared:

Mr P

I 'ave a well weather beaten brown bread already.

I keep getting, "Been somewhere nice? You look well tanned." They look surprised when I say "Oaklands Park in Chelmsford"

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I like this model railway forum, the modelling, the prototype information that is exchanged and the friendly banter.

Wot I dont like is the way certain people like to point out my poor use of English. It is sodding model railway forum not a English laguage forum. I am a better modeller than most of them even if some of them use the pretense of a finescale guage. 

This is not aimed at those who have contributed to this thread but I have used a thread about my layout to vent my anger.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Clive,

There could be up to 7 layouts with no rules broken as far as I can tell.

I would like to see recent photos of yours as the programme is now being written.

Cheers.

A few photos showing the limited progress.

post-16423-0-10339200-1497996736_thumb.jpg

post-16423-0-34934900-1497996755_thumb.jpg

post-16423-0-62291500-1497996778_thumb.jpg

post-16423-0-62705600-1497996797_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Pity there's no Sound from the Layout mate, unless of course you can do OTHER sound effects, :nono:  :nono:  :scared:  :beee: hahahhah :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Yo Andy

Sound, I can if you want and loads of flashing lights, like the layout you commented on at a show we attended earlier this month. :sungum: :sungum:

Yo Andy

Sound, I can if you want and loads of flashing lights, like the layout you commented on at a show we attended earlier this month. :sungum: :sungum:

And I dared to mention DCC ............ 

You probably will receive a fine now Clive - You know  Mr. Wide's stance on "Toy-like features"!

Cheers, Andy P. (another one of us!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Owing to the planned move to our new venture in Lincolnshire happening a couple of days after Lyddrail I am withdrawing the layout to help Mrs M pack. Very sad as I was looking forward to seeing how other people had managed to keep within the rules to build a working layout and those who disregarded them. 

• RMweb Premium

And I dared to mention DCC ............ 

You probably will receive a fine now Clive - You know  Mr. Wide's stance on "Toy-like features"!

Cheers, Andy P. (another one of us!)

Hi Andy

One thing myself and the host of Lyddrail fully agree on is not using the extra "C".

Smasher " Who uses DCC"

Mr Wide "not a rmweb word"

Hello Clive

Understandable that your withdrawing the layout with what you've got to do in the days after. Hopefully we'll see the layout next year at Lyddrail. Hope all does go well with the move and yes we'll miss you at Lyddrail if you don't make it as a visitor.

Steve

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Clive,

Very sad news, but good luck with the move. Of course you are invited with the layout to next years show.

You can rely on me for an accurate report of how the challenge goes!

Cheers.

A year later but last night Mr Wade announced that Pig Lane was the best layout at the show.

I feel very humbled. Thanks Paul.

Any progress Clive?

Yes and I will take some photos next week after I get out the car, I have  just got home from Lyddrail.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning Clive. For a weird reason I want to call this layout Iggle Piggle Lane.....I must apologise.

Ar$£

Hi Phil

I call it Pig Lane (WR) so I don't call it "Little Pig". The name Pig Lane came from a road that links Sawbridgeworth with Little Hallingbury and was first applied to Southbridge while that was being refurbished. I then ripped up the hand made track and built the real Pig Lane. Pig Lane was always called just "The Pig." Hanging Hill staff halt platform came form Pig Lane and kept its Pig Lane Junction sign so to me was know as "New Pig or Big Pig".  Brisbane Road was known as "New New Pig or Little Pig" because when first built I still had HH. Ranelagh Bridge when I started to build it was always known as Ranelagh Bridge, but its track plan was the inspiration for both Southbridge and the Pig.

I did start a inglenook type layout called Pig Lane Sidings.

I have never referred to either Sheffield Exchange Mk1 or Mk2 as Pig Lane.............................yet.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I am taking this little train set to the Retford Show 17th and 18th November. Now for Wreckrail and Lyddrail it had some paper buildings. These were only temporary, so tonight I have been building the office building, stores and toilets. Hopefully I will  have them built and painted by the weekend. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

All buildings have been made. Just need painting.

First of 12 push rods for the points is installed.

Chocolate brown (Western Region) curtain purchased to hide the rubbish under the layout.

Class 47 knocked off the layout....bogie repaired and loco works.

Looking forward to a weekend with The Duck at the Retford show.

I have even been on the Highway Code website for some traffic signs for the bridge holding up the bus.

• Like 4