RMweb

Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Ok, so I slipped up and put a part picture of the finished Brassworks 08 on DMU Driver's thread by mistake, as I was saving it till tomorrow!!!!  :O

So I thought I'd go and play photographer at this unearthly hour (can't sleep)!!

Here it is, a Bachmann Brassworks class 08 (Late Type) finished with part of an MMP detailing kit, shunting lights, cab lighting and dashboard lighting. Finished in BR Blue with wasp stripes as 08886 of Heaton Depot. Weathered as filthy as requested, with fuel spills and leakages, soot and some crud around the exhaust port, crankpin nuts reduced from the large Chinese ones, and an ESU Loksound decoder fitted with a Bass Reflex speaker directing the sound through the floor.

Here are some pictures...............

post-14906-0-31724700-1481329972_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-00762500-1481329980_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-10464800-1481329990_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-76193100-1481329999_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-41304700-1481330008_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-33200500-1481330018_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-72604300-1481330027_thumb.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the outcome, as a lot of the MMP detailing kit was either missing or broken, or wrongly fitted, some of the bits have had to be scratch built, some have had to be rescued and some have had to be omitted, it's been a bit of a balancing act, but as I've said, I'm quite pleased, it's now down to see if the owner likes it!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 9

What a brute. It looks wonderfully, totally "unloved". An absolutely outstanding bit of modelling.

The only way I can see the owner being unhappy with that is if he'd ordered an express steam loco in ex-works lined....

Brilliant!

Best

Simon

HANG ON A MINUTE.......did HE just say;          QUITE PLEASED WITH THE OUTCOME???????? :O

Absolutely stunning, captured to a tee the feel of a grubby, un loved, un cared for workhorse in a quiet backwater yard somewhere. I now have a great reference point for when I do mine. 

REALLY WELL DONE Jints.

Very good indeed, Jinty, as everyone else has said. It looks just like the ones we had down here at St Blazey. Which all begs the question, why were most BR locos so appallingly neglected? As far as the 08s go, the ones allocated to station pilot duty (as at Penzance) showed that they could actually be kept quite smart, but they were certainly the exception. When the diesels first came along in the late 1950s we all thought they at least would be kept clean, as the old excuses of coal, soot and ash had now gone. But no. They came out of the works looking smart for the first day or two, and it was all downhill from there on. Whereas no road haulier with any pride whatsoever would allow his fleet of lorries to get into such a state, or any bus company either.

I often thought the same about the six-wheel milk tankers. Who would want to drink milk after seeing the vehicles which transported it?

John

Edited by John R Smith
  • Like 1

Is it now acceptable to photograph a real one and say it's a model? Surely that's what's been done here?

Only kidding, but "WOW!!!" doesn't even start to say how impressed I am.

Ok, so I slipped up and put a part picture of the finished Brassworks 08 on DMU Driver's thread by mistake, as I was saving it till tomorrow!!!!  :O

So I thought I'd go and play photographer at this unearthly hour (can't sleep)!!

Here it is, a Bachmann Brassworks class 08 (Late Type) finished with part of an MMP detailing kit, shunting lights, cab lighting and dashboard lighting. Finished in BR Blue with wasp stripes as 08886 of Heaton Depot. Weathered as filthy as requested, with fuel spills and leakages, soot and some crud around the exhaust port, crankpin nuts reduced from the large Chinese ones, and an ESU Loksound decoder fitted with a Bass Reflex speaker directing the sound through the floor.

Here are some pictures...............

attachicon.gifWB 027.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 028.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 029.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 030.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 031.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 032.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 033.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the outcome, as a lot of the MMP detailing kit was either missing or broken, or wrongly fitted, some of the bits have had to be scratch built, some have had to be rescued and some have had to be omitted, it's been a bit of a balancing act, but as I've said, I'm quite pleased, it's now down to see if the owner likes it!!

Jinty ;)

Just caught up with your post Jint's, as I've been at the Club's Open Weekend.

What can I say absolutely Bl##dy WOW!!!!!

Can't wait until you deliver it tomorrow, we'll have to get some photo's of it at it's new home along with the cargowaggons.

I can assure everyone that I won't be disappointed, I'll be over the Moon!!!

Regards

Chris

• Like 3

David,

Was discussing the colour photos you posted last night with my lad. The photo of the loco from rear three quarters didn't seem as realistic as the previous front three quarters one, and we tried to figure out why. We concluded that the tree at the front of the loco casts a shadow on the back scene, and that provides a sufficient, if subliminal, clue that the scene isn't real.

Of course, this has nothing at all to do with the modelling!

Best

Simon

• Like 1

David,

Was discussing the colour photos you posted last night with my lad. The photo of the loco from rear three quarters didn't seem as realistic as the previous front three quarters one, and we tried to figure out why. We concluded that the tree at the front of the loco casts a shadow on the back scene, and that provides a sufficient, if subliminal, clue that the scene isn't real.

Of course, this has nothing at all to do with the modelling!

Best

Simon

Hi Simon,

Well, what can I say, are you saying that I've provoked communication between Father and offspring?

We don't get that in our house, my two eldest only have two words in their vocabulary (in true Jasper Carrot style), Wallet and No!!!!

Jinty ;)

Nice weathering on the 08 Jinty.

I spent quite a few hours on the front steps of the Eastleigh based 08s and 09s back in the day I think you have captured the class very well.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks all,

Well on my way back south after a nice late morning/early afternoon at the Blyth & Tyne open weekend event. Marvelous premesis, excellent layouts and great people.

Come away with a new aquisition and a couple of little things to do.

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

Thanks all,

Well on my way back south after a nice late morning/early afternoon at the Blyth & Tyne open weekend event. Marvelous premesis, excellent layouts and great people.

Jinty ;)

And it's a ???????????????????????????? :O  :senile:  :senile: :senile:  :senile:  

• RMweb Gold

Thanks all,

Jinty ;)

Oh come on Jinty, you cannot leave us hanging like that ... I mean in the North East there's loads of things you could have come away with - some might even have been model railway related! :)

Rich

And it's a ???????????????????????????? :O  :senile:  :senile: :senile:  :senile:  

Still in the box...................................

Stroudley Terrier?

German sheepdog?

Q7...?

Stroudley Terrier? Is that similar to a Jack Russell

Oh come on Jinty, you cannot leave us hanging like that ... I mean in the North East there's loads of things you could have come away with - some might even have been model railway related! :)

Rich

I've been Driving, A1(M), A66, M6, M56, A55.............So incomunicado!!!!

I'll have to have at least 3 brews before I even contemplate opening the box.............

One thing I will say is that I did the Journey in an Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3 JTD Sprint and I'm utterly overwhelmed, 540 miles I think it was round trip and I did it on less than £45 of Diesel!!! Comfortable, nippy for a 1.3TD, exceptionally well equipped, and I feel great now I'm back! Unfatigued!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1