Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rich,

I'll see what comes in the JLTRT Diesel detailing pack, but if there isn't any in there, there is always these people, whitemetal castings, £2.00 a pair  (CODE: GEN-004)  Will just need drilling through for the LED.          http://www.prmrp.com/fittings--all-other-accessories.html

Will just need drilling through for the LED. There's quite a few other interesting components available as well.

I quite fancy their OTA kit, looks fabulous in brass, but then there is that VIX Ferry Van that PH offers which looks divine!!!  :O

Jinty ;)

Hi Jinty,

I'll take a look at those, thanks.  At some point, I am going to have to jump into this brass lark - Arksey will need a bewildering number of BDA wagons - I reckon about 25!  So going to have to have a go ... I suppose the upside that I'll be able to build them with my eyes shunt when I'm finished!!  Wonder if they do a discount on bulk buys?? :)

But your right, that OTA looks nice, as does their SPA, SSA and TEA tank. Oh look what you've done now! Talking of Ferry Van's different kind I know, but the Buzz Models 3D printed Ferrywagon looks quite neat, although like the Heljan ones wouldn't really work on a small layout - we could suggest it to Brian, if it needed attention at Duddleston Wagon Works :)

Rich

• Like 1

Hi Jinty,

But your right, that OTA looks nice, as does their SPA, SSA and TEA tank. Oh look what you've done now! Talking of Ferry Van's different kind I know, but the Buzz Models 3D printed Ferrywagon looks quite neat, although like the Heljan ones wouldn't really work on a small layout - we could suggest it to Brian, if it needed attention at Duddleston Wagon Works :)

Rich

Sorry Rich,  Duddeston wagon work`s is`nt open at the moment.....  due to building work!!. :no:

On the ferrywagon front,i`m pretty sure that the Buzz models ferrywagon kit is a resin body with white metal bogies and some etches.

Anyhow i`m going to pick up two kit`s from Buzz models at Bristol,so i`ll find out then. Also Andrew has kindly supplied me with a spare set of bogies so i can change out the ones under the Heljan ferrywagon that i have.(Too much side play in them for my liking!)

Brian.

PS, Jinty,

i hope that Talyllyn has`nt been mothballed with all this modern stuff you`ve been working on lately..?

• Like 1

PS, Jinty,

i hope that Talyllyn has`nt been mothballed with all this modern stuff you`ve been working on lately..?

Talyllyn mothballed???? Never, lots to do to it, just getting time is the problem.

Day out with Mrs Jinty today for her Birthday, a gentle trip to lake Vernnwy and then Dolgellau, up the coast, Coffee in Porthmadog, dinner on Ynys Mon and just got home.

Jinty ;)

• Like 7

Talyllyn mothballed???? Never, lots to do to it, just getting time is the problem.

Day out with Mrs Jinty today for her Birthday, a gentle trip to lake Vernnwy and then Dolgellau, up the coast, Coffee in Porthmadog, dinner on Ynys Mon and just got home.

Jinty ;)

Sounded like a good trip, but wrong weather. PGH once suggested I model Llanfyllin terminus, which of course had been the railhead for materials for Lake Vernnwy. I wish I could get Mrs coach to travel about more. She used to love it in the X-Trail so I'm thinking it is a good excuse to buy a cheap one!

• Like 1

Jinty ;)

Ahh time..perhaps we need to model by slow clock time?.

If my memory serves me right there used to be a slaughter house somewhere near the center of Dolgellau,and there always seemed to be a pungent smell about the place.

Or though saying that, when i lived in Tywyn if the wind blew the right way in the summer month`s the local tip could be smelt all the way down the high street!.

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Rich,  Duddeston wagon work`s is`nt open at the moment.....  due to building work!!. :no:

On the ferrywagon front,i`m pretty sure that the Buzz models ferrywagon kit is a resin body with white metal bogies and some etches.

Anyhow i`m going to pick up two kit`s from Buzz models at Bristol,so i`ll find out then. Also Andrew has kindly supplied me with a spare set of bogies so i can change out the ones under the Heljan ferrywagon that i have.(Too much side play in them for my liking!)

Brian.

PS, Jinty,

See there's always a snag!  As for the Buzz kits, I'll bow to your greater knowledge.  Really am tempted to make a purchase from them at Bristol of their Freightliner flat, but the cautious nature of etched brass is kicking in!  Sorry to hijack Jinty.

Jinty ;)

A day out?  Wow, sounds like a world tour! Hope you got your visa stamped going over to Ynys Mon, least you got back out ... and likely earnt some brownie points with Mrs J too :)

Rich

Jinty ;)

I took my good Lady over the Mountain Road from Bala to Lake Vernnwy, :sungum:

very frightening :O ,,,,,,,,

it was Snowing   :no:    

hard by the time we were half way home to Bala. :nono:  :nono: :scared:  :scared:  

Jinty ;)

Wow Jinty that's some mileage you have done today ...... is the Mitsy now in for a service tomorrow ? ;-)

Hope you & Sarah had a lovely day.

Best regards

Craig

Sounded like a good trip, but wrong weather. PGH once suggested I model Llanfyllin terminus, which of course had been the railhead for materials for Lake Vernnwy. I wish I could get Mrs coach to travel about more. She used to love it in the X-Trail so I'm thinking it is a good excuse to buy a cheap one!

Yes, you can see a little more from slightly higher up!!!

Ahh time..perhaps we need to model by slow clock time?.

If my memory serves me right there used to be a slaughter house somewhere near the center of Dolgellau,and there always seemed to be a pungent smell about the place.

Or though saying that, when i lived in Tywyn if the wind blew the right way in the summer month`s the local tip could be smelt all the way down the high street!.

Brian.

The slaughterhouse has gone in Dolgellau, it was next to the big car park if I remember correctly.

I went to watch a matinee many moons ago, in Tywyn, in that old picture house just before the High Street. Lovely old building, still there I believe.

See there's always a snag!  As for the Buzz kits, I'll bow to your greater knowledge.  Really am tempted to make a purchase from them at Bristol of their Freightliner flat, but the cautious nature of etched brass is kicking in!  Sorry to hijack Jinty.

A day out?  Wow, sounds like a world tour! Hope you got your visa stamped going over to Ynys Mon, least you got back out ... and likely earnt some brownie points with Mrs J too :)

Rich

A very nice run around N. Wales, quicker when you know the shortcuts!!!!

It's apparently only the Sassenachs have to have their Visa's stamped, and be checked for towels, bath robes and kettles with hotel names on them!!!!

I took my good Lady over the Mountain Road from Bala to Lake Vernnwy, :sungum:

very frightening :O ,,,,,,,,

it was Snowing   :no:    

hard by the time we were half way home to Bala. :nono:  :nono: :scared:  :scared:  

Andy, I'm going to behave in replying to that comment, especially the last line!!!!!

Wow Jinty that's some mileage you have done today ...... is the Mitsy now in for a service tomorrow ? ;-)

Hope you & Sarah had a lovely day.

Best regards

Craig

Service?????? God no, just a fill up with screenwash and petrol!!!!

That's all it ever needs!   :boast:

Had a great carvery at the Bull Inn at Pentraeth on the island, seemed hard to find a carvery available in the week anywhere, but they did an excellent one there, highly recommended!!!

We've had a great day, Thanks

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Late last year I left Borth y Gest at 5 am under clear skies and decided to take the Sat Nav's advice and go over the Berwyns from Bala to Knockin. Big mistake! My now sold fifteen year old left hand drive X5 could not cope with the blizzard and slithered down from the top of the pass. The closely following white van nearly went through my rear view mirror a couple of times so at the first opportunity I pulled over to let him pass.

I well remember the Vyrnwy to Bala road back in the early 1960s. Luckily no one else seemed to ever travel over it, just as well as there were very few passing places back then.

• Like 1

Late last year I left Borth y Gest at 5 am under clear skies and decided to take the Sat Nav's advice and go over the Berwyns from Bala to Knockin. Big mistake! My now sold fifteen year old left hand drive X5 could not cope with the blizzard and slithered down from the top of the pass. The closely following white van nearly went through my rear view mirror a couple of times so at the first opportunity I pulled over to let him pass.

I well remember the Vyrnwy to Bala road back in the early 1960s. Luckily no one else seemed to ever travel over it, just as well as there were very few passing places back then.

There are a few roads like that over the tops hereabouts. When a car caught fire on the Blaenau route just beyond Betws-Y-Coed, I went up the A5 then took a turning to the right along a very slim road. Eventually it was one car wide on top of the moors. But after what seemed an eternity, we dropped down to Llan Festiniog.

• Like 1

Hello all, 

nicely recovered from yesterday with a busy day in work, and a bit of transfer work done on the WB this evening.

The diesel detailing kit arrived from JLTRT and so did my point tiebars as well.

When I get a moment I'll have a go at making up the buffer beam etches and the JLTRT buffers for the class 37, with all the correct piping as well. I might change the coupling for the JLTRT version or maybe the Dapol one, not sure yet.

On another note, and after Craig pointed out that no 25/1's graced the railway lines in the West of the country I've decided to sell my Heljan Class 25/1, with sound as it will release funds for my other projects.

If anyone is interested please PM me for more details.

Here are a few pictures to remind you of what it looks like............

(Including one to show the twin speaker sound installation!!!)

post-14906-0-44914100-1484158404.jpg

post-14906-0-83496300-1484158410.jpg

post-14906-0-96577100-1484158415.jpg

post-14906-0-12582400-1484158422.jpg

post-14906-0-28725200-1484158428.jpg

post-14906-0-60527000-1484158433.jpg

As I've said, if anyone is interested PM me for details.

Jinty ;)

• Like 10

Hello all, 

nicely recovered from yesterday with a busy day in work, and a bit of transfer work done on the WB this evening.

The diesel detailing kit arrived from JLTRT and so did my point tiebars as well.

When I get a moment I'll have a go at making up the buffer beam etches and the JLTRT buffers for the class 37, with all the correct piping as well. I might change the coupling for the JLTRT version or maybe the Dapol one, not sure yet.

On another note, and after Craig pointed out that no 25/1's graced the railway lines in the West of the country I've decided to sell my Heljan Class 25/1, with sound as it will release funds for my other projects.

If anyone is interested please PM me for more details.

Here are a few pictures to remind you of what it looks like............

(Including one to show the twin speaker sound installation!!!)

attachicon.gif25 01.jpg

attachicon.gif25 02.jpg

attachicon.gif25 03.jpg

attachicon.gif25 04.jpg

attachicon.gif25 05.jpg

attachicon.gif25 06.jpg

As I've said, if anyone is interested PM me for details.

Jinty ;)

I can say from a personal hearing that the Sound is Awesome.

Good luck Jints, it needs a good home.

The 0 gauge Type 2 Sulzer is looking good and your weathering has really lifted it into a depressingly real looking model haha. You know what I mean....A Class 25 at Talyllyn Junction in place of the usual steam loco would have sent out the usual message......The end is nye...!

• Like 2

I can say from a personal hearing that the Sound is Awesome.

Good luck Jints, it needs a good home.

I can't wait to buy some bass reflex speakers at Bristol OGG and fit them in my Jinty*, 4F and Compound tenders;  too bad that is not where the sounds come from in reality.  Perhaps a second "tweeter" in the firebox would help spread the sound and I will have them.  Pity they are not bluetooth!

*No, my Jinty doesn't have a tender!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jinty,

Can't think you'll have too much trouble selling that, its lovely!  If it had been blue I'd have had it for Arksey! Your weathering certainly is nice - package on its way to you soon btw ;) 

Rich

• Like 1

Hi Jinty,

Can't think you'll have too much trouble selling that, its lovely!  If it had been blue I'd have had it for Arksey! Your weathering certainly is nice - package on its way to you soon btw ;)

Rich

Well you were right Rich. :onthequiet:  :scratchhead:

25 now SOLD!!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a supplier who does etched double arrows (large) for my class 60?

The only ones I can seem to find anywhere are in MMP's Heljan 47 detailing kit!!!! But I think it's a bit much to spend just for some nickel silver double arrows!

Fox only do the small ones for the 08 shunter.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jinty ;)

Does anyone know of a supplier who does etched double arrows (large) for my class 60?

The only ones I can seem to find anywhere are in MMP's Heljan 47 detailing kit!!!! But I think it's a bit much to spend just for some nickel silver double arrows!

Fox only do the small ones for the 08 shunter.

Jinty ;)

Try Severnmill - http://www.severnmillnameplates.co.uk/PDF%20Docs/2015/BR_DIESELS.pdf

• RMweb Gold

Jinty ;)

Have you spoken to Steve at Railtec about 3D printed ones?

Rich