Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Ok, here are a couple of pictures of my class 60 so far.

It now has an identity, 60010 "Plynlimon/Pumlumon" in TTG with Construction Sector markings.

Transfers are the excellent Railtec ones which Steve made up as loco specific for me.

Plates are from Brian at Shawplan.

The loco will be having a Zimo decoder fitted in a couple of weeks with Paul Chetter's class 60 Protodrive sound, and it will also be undergoing a gentle weathering as a fairly new loco to traffic (just some road dirt as I just can't find a picture of her in a 'dirty' condition anywhere!!).

post-14906-0-75627000-1484495973_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-13030200-1484495982_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-46572300-1484495992_thumb.jpg

Right, onwards with this pile of weathering I've got to do, and the Paul Chetter class 25 sound decoder arrives tomorrow ready to be installed into the class 25 with full yellow ends pictured earlier in this thread.

More pictures soon.

Jinty ;)

• Like 10

Ok, here are a couple of pictures of my class 60 so far.

It now has an identity, 60010 "Plynlimon/Pumlumon" in TTG with Construction Sector markings.

Transfers are the excellent Railtec ones which Steve made up as loco specific for me.

Plates are from Brian at Shawplan.

The loco will be having a Zimo decoder fitted in a couple of weeks with Paul Chetter's class 60 Protodrive sound, and it will also be undergoing a gentle weathering as a fairly new loco to traffic (just some road dirt as I just can't find a picture of her in a 'dirty' condition anywhere!!).

attachicon.gifWB 054.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 055.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 056.jpg

Right, onwards with this pile of weathering I've got to do, and the Paul Chetter class 25 sound decoder arrives tomorrow ready to be installed into the class 25 with full yellow ends pictured earlier in this thread.

More pictures soon.

Jinty ;)

Goodness me mate, that really does look impressive, I know there big and good but the Photo angle really does work. I saw her in EWS at Dove Holes / Peak Forest in July 2006.

Nice one mate.

• RMweb Gold

it will also be undergoing a gentle weathering as a fairly new loco to traffic (just some road dirt as I just can't find a picture of her in a 'dirty' condition anywhere!!).

Jinty ;)

Hi JInty,

Yes 60010 does seem to have had an adverse reaction to dirt that saw it heading for the washer each time! I've been through my shots this afternoon, and nothing ... worst I could find was this one on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/71092681@N07/11760308034

Rich

• Like 2

Hi JInty,

Yes 60010 does seem to have had an adverse reaction to dirt that saw it heading for the washer each time! I've been through my shots this afternoon, and nothing ... worst I could find was this one on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/71092681@N07/11760308034

Rich

Hey it's dirty in that one!!!!

60010 spent a lot of time with a few faults in one of the depots in its early days, I read somewhere also that it had one of the lowest mileages of a 60 when EWS took over!

I won't make it that dirty

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

That 60 looks superb Jinty. Nice choice of sector as well. With all these lovely diesels you keep acquiring it will soon be Talyllyn Junction, change here for Wrexbury!!. When is an "O" gauge 47145 going to appear? HaHa. Know that was one of you're favourites.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

That 60 looks superb Jinty. Nice choice of sector as well. With all these lovely diesels you keep acquiring it will soon be Talyllyn Junction, change here for Wrexbury!!. When is an "O" gauge 47145 going to appear? HaHa. Know that was one of you're favourites.

Cheers

Marcus

Don't you mean a FLEET of 47's in O Gauge. hahhahah. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

So long as Beale Street, Talyllyn Junction and some other 0 gauge layouts are in stall mode, I dont feel so bad about not developing Carrog..... :biggrin_mini2:

BS is Full Steam ahead Larry, I've just ordered a Pannier Tank.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Don't you mean a FLEET of 47's in O Gauge. hahhahah. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

I thought that was my task Andy ;) he says having just added his fifth!

I think that 60 needs a Construction liveried centre-headcode 37 tho Jinty ;) just to keep it company hehe!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1

Cheers

Marcus

Funny you should say that, a JLTRT 47/1 is looming, and it will be finished as Tinsley's Pet!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

So long as Beale Street, Talyllyn Junction and some other 0 gauge layouts are in stall mode, I dont feel so bad about not developing Carrog..... :biggrin_mini2:

I think the actual layout building/progression is more for the Summer than Winter, but I do need to be getting on with something for Talyllyn.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Good evening all,

Today has been spent converting the Heljan class 25 to a twin speaker system and fitting with a Zimo MX969S decoder loaded with Paul Chetter's Protodrive sound file.

I've got the lighting semi ready for final soldering to the decoder, but I wanted to give it a run to see what she sounded like.

Well I'm very impressed, I'm certainly a Zimo convert, and Paul's sound file is a joy to drive (A bit of learning wouldn't go amiss though!).

I've turned the volume down quite a bit as the body is only slotted on loosely and I didn't want any reverberation to spoil the effect.

The first couple of runs up and down were as light engine, the third run was a full power run, albeit for a short stretch.

I'm going to have to practice driving with the Protodrive file as it opens up so many different driving possibilities.

I'm very pleased with how it's come out.

Here is the video:

What do others think?

Jinty ;)

Apologies for the carp videoing!!!!!!!

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 10

That sound`s excellent Jinty,which is a good thing,as i`m waiting for my Cl.25 sound decoder to come from Digitrains at the mo.

Though unlike yourself  mine will be a Loksound XL.(only because i did`nt see the Zimo one! :scratchhead:)

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening all,

Today has been spent converting the Heljan class 25 to a twin speaker system and fitting with a Zimo MX969S decoder loaded with Paul Chetter's Protodrive sound file.

I've got the lighting semi ready for final soldering to the decoder, but I wanted to give it a run to see what she sounded like.

Well I'm very impressed, I'm certainly a Zimo convert, and Paul's sound file is a joy to drive (A bit of learning wouldn't go amiss though!).

I've turned the volume down quite a bit as the body is only slotted on loosely and I didn't want any reverberation to spoil the effect.

The first couple of runs up and down were as light engine, the third run was a full power run, albeit for a short stretch.

I'm going to have to practice driving with the Protodrive file as it opens up so many different driving possibilities.

I'm very pleased with how it's come out.

Here is the video:

What do others think?

Jinty ;)

Apologies for the carp videoing!!!!!!!

Jinty,

I have two points, the serious one first - you had better get that video taken down quickly mate, that is going to cause you no end of trouble ... I mean once the authorities see locos being thrashed up and down the platform with their windows covered in, and the driver not able to see signals, let alone where he's going - your for the high jump!!! :)

Sorry, sarcasm toned down ... sounds great mate.  Another superb effort from Paul.  I am a Zimo convert to be honest, I think the audio quality and clarity (which I admit also depends on the quality of the recording equipment and mics) on the Zimo chips is miles above Loksound - and I've got both here.  Plus the flexibility and configurability of Zimo chips just astounds me as to what you can actually do.

As for the carp video, well didn't see any carp ;) but I think you did very well to keep a reasonably steady camera in one hand an a DCC controller in the other .... but did I hear a faint cry from the layout of 'neglected, neglected' as that 25 went past ????

Well done.

Rich

• Like 1

Sounds just like a Class 25!  When it was staring off from the tunnel mouth it sounded like it was under load but then it eased off. Can it be made to sound under load all the time when it is hauling a heavy train?  It's how I remember them.

Hi Coachman,

Yes, the last run forward and backwards was under full power, but I had to let off or I would've run out of track.

By default it will drive as if pulling a train, but the first couple of runs were done with F5 engaged as 'Light Engine' so the revs don't increase as dramatically as the default.

It could probably do with me learning to drive it better, and once my cl;ass 37 has been kitted out with the 37/0 Protodrive file from Paul, I should be able to learn the features in some depth.

I now know why you swear by Zimo, they are excellent decoders!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

That sound`s excellent Jinty,which is a good thing,as i`m waiting for my Cl.25 sound decoder to come from Digitrains at the mo.

Though unlike yourself  mine will be a Loksound XL.(only because i did`nt see the Zimo one! :scratchhead:)

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thank you.

I get the Zimo MX969S direct from Paul Chetter with his Protodrive sound file on it.

The MX969S is certainly ok for just about all Heljan diesels as it's got a 4A continuous current capability and 8 function outputs.

It is also markedly cheaper than the ESU XL, and quite a bit smaller.

Jinty ;)