Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Ok here is a picture of 08886 in its home environment with the yellow Cargowaggon in tow..........

post-14906-0-57970800-1481484881_thumb.jpg

And now I've opened the box, here is my acquisition..................................

post-14906-0-92937200-1481484890_thumb.jpg

A secondary control unit for Talyllyn. I acquired the whole unit for £35, which are good little units, and OK for a small layout, but this was purchased just for the handset which will plug into my Lenz DCC system, as a slave controller.

Having said that I was very impressed with the Roco Z21 system I saw in operation using an Android phone and a Kindle to operate it. Signals, DCC functions, Routes, etc all simply set up with the Mega--something board. It looked awesome, not sure how much a high Amp booster would be for it though.

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

Now where did this come from?????????  :O  :O  :O  :O  :O  :O

post-14906-0-08189300-1481484898_thumb.jpg

There are three locomotive types I really like, 37's, 60's and in particular, 47's (if you remember my Wrexbury layout in OO.

Whilst numbers are dropping of new Heljan class 60's, I thought I'd have one.

She will be 60010 Plynlymon in Construction Sector as she was from new.

Jinty ;)

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Still in the box...................................

I'll have to have at least 3 brews before I even contemplate opening the box.............

One thing I will say is that I did the Journey in an Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3 JTD Sprint and I'm utterly overwhelmed, 540 miles I think it was round trip and I did it on less than £45 of Diesel!!! Comfortable, nippy for a 1.3TD, exceptionally well equipped, and I feel great now I'm back! Unfatigued!

Jinty ;)

"Still in the Box" he says ... you know western technology created one of the hugely complicated things .. oh now what are they called .. ermm... oh yes, printers!  They allow you to put writing and pictures on labels ... many boxes come with them - the hint being it shows you what is IN THE BLOODY BOX!!! :)

:jester:

Ah I've guessed it - its a fresh air converter for the Alfra Romeo ... either that or a Flintstones version that operates on shoe leather ;)  :onthequiet:

Rich

• RMweb Gold

A secondary control unit for Talyllyn. I acquired the whole unit for £35, which are good little units, and OK for a small layout, but this was purchased just for the handset which will plug into my Lenz DCC system, as a slave controller.

Having said that I was very impressed with the Roco Z21 system I saw in operation using an Android phone and a Kindle to operate it. Signals, DCC functions, Routes, etc all simply set up with the Mega--something board. It looked awesome, not sure how much a high Amp booster would be for it though.

Now where did this come from?????????  :O  :O  :O  :O  :O  :O

attachicon.gifWB 038.jpg

There are three locomotive types I really like, 37's, 60's and in particular, 47's (if you remember my Wrexbury layout in OO.

Whilst numbers are dropping of new Heljan class 60's, I thought I'd have one.

She will be 60010 Plynlymon in Construction Sector as she was from new.

Jinty ;)

Very nice mate - on both counts!  Can't wait to see the weathering on that  -  Although are you going the opposite way to me on Talyllyn Junction? :). As for the mega something board ... Megapoints? They are superb and used by JF for semaphores as Im sure you already know!  Dead easy to set up too, all of my points and signals will be using them.

Rich

EDIT: PS - not sure if I said or not, but superbly well done with the 08 and the CargoWaggons ... looks great.

Edited by MarshLane

Very nice mate - on both counts!  Can't wait to see the weathering on that  -  Although are you going the opposite way to me on Talyllyn Junction? :). As for the mega something board ... Megapoints? They are superb and used by JF for semaphores as Im sure you already know!  Dead easy to set up too, all of my points and signals will be using them.

Rich

EDIT: PS - not sure if I said or not, but superbly well done with the 08 and the CargoWaggons ... looks great.

Thanks Rich,

I'm looking forward to getting a Zimo multi-function decoder in it, so I can have correct day/night lighting, engine room lighting, cab lighting, and try and shoehorn a couple of chunky speakers into it too!!!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Ha ha ha ha ha ........ a class 60 on Talyllyn ???? you was worrying about Mk1 coaches last week not running on the line ..... now you really are pushing and stretching rule #1 ;-)

But I know the real reason for the purchase of doughnut, looks nice, can't wait to see one in the flesh

PS I also like the red mobile phone, cute colour but the screen is a bit small to be browsing RMWeb and all that

Craig

• Like 1

PS I also like the red mobile phone, cute colour but the screen is a bit small to be browsing RMWeb and all that

Craig

Yes I was trying to text you earlier as we've got a 'ROADTRIP' to Pontefract late January..................

Had to revert to my Samsung, the Roco wasn't up to it, no wonder it was cheap!

Jinty  ;)

Thanks all,

Well on my way back south after a nice late morning/early afternoon at the Blyth & Tyne open weekend event. Marvelous premesis, excellent layouts and great people.

Come away with a new aquisition and a couple of little things to do.

Jinty ;)

It was great to meet you at last David and thank you for the 08 & Cargowaggons they are superb.

I saw the 08 today at Blyth & Tyne MRS open day & have to say it's even better in the flesh, excellent workmanship & well observed weathering

It certainly is a work of art, though it is now heading back to North Wales after David convinced me it would be better with a Zimo chip & the excellent Paul Chetter sound file.

post-3910-0-01602800-1481487851.jpg

post-3910-0-54308100-1481487856.jpg

post-3910-0-32927400-1481487864.jpg

I was so impressed with David's work that he left our Open Weekend with a boot full of new jobs to do, and something very North Eastern in flavour. I'm sure David will reveal all in due course and I can't wait for David to perform his magic on it.

Regards

Chris

• Like 6

Yes Chris, it was really nice to meet you at last, and Dale with that very nice Z21 system on Android, and it kept my lad occupied for a good while, he might become more interested now!

A great warm welcome from everyone I spoke to at the Blyth & Tyne MRS as well, such a great place, and so much space, and a testament to the members hard work over the years.

Aye, I'll let the cat out of the bag as I go along with those little jobs.

Don't want to be getting them too excited do we  ;)

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

Woopeee Jints, A 60 on TTG and looking absolutely stunning even before you've worked your magic.

Glad the 08 is having the PC Chip, they do sound the Dogs.

Cargowagon and 08 looked sooooooooooo good together.

• Like 1

Yes Chris, it was really nice to meet you at last, and Dale with that very nice Z21 system on Android, and it kept my lad occupied for a good while, he might become more interested now!

A great warm welcome from everyone I spoke to at the Blyth & Tyne MRS as well, such a great place, and so much space, and a testament to the members hard work over the years.

Aye, I'll let the cat out of the bag as I go along with those little jobs.

Don't want to be getting them too excited do we   ;)

Jinty ;)

Glad you enjoyed you time with us David, you are most welcome anytime you are passing through the North East.

When you do reveal all I can foresee a sudden conversion to the ways of the North Eastern!!!!!!

Regards

Chris

Hi David,

That Roco controller, does it make programming any easier than using the lenz unit? Only I have the Lenz system and the programming using the lh90 is a bl**dy nightmare.

Electrics and anything DCC are my weakness, this I must over come especially as I have also brought a green 08 and this will definitely have the Zimo and sound in it soon.

Any info is most welcome,

ATB,

Martyn.

Hi David,

That Roco controller, does it make programming any easier than using the lenz unit? Only I have the Lenz system and the programming using the lh90 is a bl**dy nightmare.

Electrics and anything DCC are my weakness, this I must over come especially as I have also brought a green 08 and this will definitely have the Zimo and sound in it soon.

ATB,

Martyn.

I bought an LH100 handset so that I could more easily program things, though i still find the LH90 better for loco control.

Edited by coachmann

Martyn

In a word, "no".

The Roco multimaus and the LH90 are great for driving. For programming, I use my trusty LH100, or the lan/USB interface. I was happily using the latter with the java loco controller, and it worked brilliantly (the Lenz software seems to ignore other encoders!) but then it stopped working. I think this was following a java update, but I never hit to the bottom of it before I took the old layout downing, and I haven't started using it on the new layout yet. But given I now have my King to program, it might not be too long...

Best

Simon

Edited by Simond

Hi David,

ATB,

Martyn.

Hi Martyn,

I've just purchased it because it's quite usefull for driving and operating the points quickly. I do all my programming with the LH100 handset, and I've heard that the LH90 is a bit quirky, but I've never used one. 

I've also got the USB Interface for the Lenz and coupled to a router the Touch Cab system is operaple as a wireless system, but only on iphone/ipad.

I saw a system that I was very impressed with today.

It was the Z21 Roco system, which was being worked through a Kindle and an Android phone. It worked seemlessly and in very simple terms. It also worked Megapoints boards to control the points and signals, and routes could be set at the touch of the screen. It looked very simple, but the system is only 3amps I think he said, so would need a booster for my point of view, but available at a competitive price by all accounts.

Hope that lot helps in some way Martyn.

Jinty ;)

As I mentioned earlier

Martyn

In a word, "no".

The Roco multimaus and the LH90 are great for driving. For programming, I use my trusty LH100, or the lan/USB interface. I was happily using the latter with the java loco controller, and it worked brilliantly (the Lenz software seems to ignore other encoders!) but then it stopped working. I think this was following a java update, but I never hit to the bottom of it before I took the old layout downing, and I haven't started using it on the new layout yet. But given I now have my King to program, it might not be too long...

Best

Simon

Thanks for the prompt reply Simon,

Oh dear so I have a steep learning curve to master, or shall I just shoot myself now! Answers on a postcard please.....

Sorry for the hijack David,

Regards,

Martyn.

Oh dear so I have a steep learning curve to master, or shall I just shoot myself now! Answers on a postcard please.....

Regards,

Martyn.

No hijack Martyn, 

Maybe think about an LH100 throttle, they do come up on that famous auction site once in a while!

They can be used together, one for programming, one for driving.

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

Regards,

Martyn.

Nooooo! Don't go shooting yourself! Think of the paperwork somebody will have to fill in :)

Seriously, DCC shouldn't be complicated or nerve-racking. Im a Digitrax guy myself, so any questions about the specifics of the Lenz handsets/systems should perhaps be directed to Jinty and Simon, but anything DCC in general - feel free to shout, I've done quite a bit with it!  Even have the DCC system working block bells on a test rig!  But happy to help anyone if I can.

Rich

• Like 1

Nooooo! Don't go shooting yourself! Think of the paperwork somebody will have to fill in :)

Seriously, DCC shouldn't be complicated or nerve-racking. Im a Digitrax guy myself, so any questions about the specifics of the Lenz handsets/systems should perhaps be directed to Jinty and Simon, but anything DCC in general - feel free to shout, I've done quite a bit with it!  Even have the DCC system working block bells on a test rig!  But happy to help anyone if I can.

Rich

What digitrax system you got rich

I've the zephyr and think it's pretty cool but never used it for anything other than loco sounds

Brian

• RMweb Gold

What digitrax system you got rich

I've the zephyr and think it's pretty cool but never used it for anything other than loco sounds

Brian

Sorry for hijacking the post Jinty!

Its a Super Empire Builder Xtra with a DB150 base and DT402 handset.  Really easy to use, and great control - also like that you have two dials so that two separate locos can be controlled at once.

Rich

Hi David

The Cargowaggon and the 08 look absolutely stunning The realism of the weathering is superb, especially the rust patches and staining on the wagon.

Top class modelling indeed.

Must say I do like the 60. Will look even better weathered with some nice construction logo's on the side. Mind you I would say that wouldn't I. :D

Cheers

Marcus

A 60......!! :O

How,,where ,,what the..... have i woke up in a parallel universe...?

Looking forward to this one.

Brian.

Nice isn't she!

I like 60's as I've mentioned before, therefore before they all sell out, I decided to get one, to finish and look at from time to time and enjoy.

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

I remember when the very first Class 60 came down the north Wales line. It terminated at Llandudno Junction if I remember correctly. Different I suppose and I only remember the 60's as being well cleaned working in and out of Penmaenmawr quarry. I dont think anything worthwhile was designed after the 40 and 45 haha.... Not that one will appear on Oswestry.

• Like 1