MRJ 251

NHY 581

I thought that link was a wind-up, until I actually delved a bit deeper into the Sausage Making forum.

Incredible!

Yes, but please don't subject us to the 'Euro- Sausage' - surely that should be reserved for 'Continental Modeller'?

MRJ 89 is the issue you'll be needing and whoever would have thought of 2mm finescale would compliment sausages. This guy maybe?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/20164-2fs-smokey-bacon/&do=findComment&comment=196652

mmmm  I now thinking  very thin bits of pink  modelling clay  about 0.6 to 0.7 mm long  or   2 mm long  for the bigger ones

mmmm  I now thinking  very thin bits of pink  modelling clay  about 0.6 to 0.7 mm long  or   2 mm long  for the bigger ones

Well that should calm the nay-sayers. The thread has inspired someone into thinking about creative modeling.

Don't you mean UFO's?  ( unpalatable flying offal....)

I'm sure you meant ( unpalatable flying frying offal....)

They probably have a Sausage Making Journal in that world which is for the serious banger basher; you will of course be expected to cull your own pig and mince it to exacting standards otherwise you're not a proper pork handler. I'm sure someone will be complaining about the increasing cost of ready-to-grill products.

Andy,

that's not actually true anymore.  It would be like expecting someone who reads the Model Railway Journal to smelt and roll his own brass sheet before embarking on scratch building a model. It is quite acceptable to buy in your pork already butchered, but you do have to make the bangers to your own recipe, etc.

Of course there are those sausage enthusiasts who, despite knowing the history of the banger in detailand being more than willing to share that knowledge with everybody, will only eat them prepared, cooked and served by someone else. They probably even get the SMJ by subscription, although I don't believe it is available online yet.

Jol

No actual,sightings of MRJ 251, then? Never mind, MRJ 250 arrived in Canada a week or so back so 251 should be just around the corner for you lot. The great sausage debate will now resume in lieu of magazine contents....

Cheers,

David

If we ever run out of sausages (heaven forbid!) we could always discuss Flying Hamburgers.

OK then. Let's start. There is a prototype photo in my gallery.

My apologies if this is getting too close to an actual railway subject.

I will return to drivel tomorrow.

Unless 251 turns up and then I will be too engrossed with that to post on here.

Bernard

post-149-0-51840600-1479751165.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

that's not actually true anymore.  It would be like expecting someone who reads the Model Railway Journal to smelt and roll his own brass sheet before embarking on scratch building a model. It is quite acceptable to buy in your pork already butchered, but you do have to make the bangers to your own recipe, etc.

Of course there are those sausage enthusiasts who, despite knowing the history of the banger in detailand being more than willing to share that knowledge with everybody, will only eat them prepared, cooked and served by someone else. They probably even get the SMJ by subscription, although I don't believe it is available online yet.

Jol

Here in my part of Canada Eastern European and Italian sausages seem to be up to par (by all accounts), but the "British Banger" style sausage quality is very poor and akin to the bog standard sausages back home. Being from Lincolnshire this has been intolerable, so I've taken to making my own in batches. Also means of course I know exactly what's gone into them.

Does not a string of sausages come in links ergo a relationship to a form of railway coupling and stratification of engine drivers qualifications.

All the sausage commonly available seems to be made from chicken parts. Even the Chorizo and Linquica seem to avoid real pork.  Coastal California doesn't acknowledge the likes of the execrable Jimmy Dean and its imitators products. 

Nigel Bird just notified me that my MRJ 250 was finally on the way after his original allocation was lost in shipment. I was going to tell him to wait for 251 and ship with one postage but I checked this thread and have abandoned all hope. 

Here in my part of Canada Eastern European and Italian sausages seem to be up to par (by all accounts), but the "British Banger" style sausage quality is very poor and akin to the bog standard sausages back home. Being from Lincolnshire this has been intolerable, so I've taken to making my own in batches. Also means of course I know exactly what's gone into them.

Gawd knows trying to build model of a railway is enough of a job! I'm not going to aspire to sausage making at my age. I would have no idea as to what scale or gauge to use!

But do try the locally made Lincolnshire sausage from the Topless butchers at Kirton- in-Lindsey, First rate! 

P.S. on second thoughts it could be Toplis the butchers.   

Guest Q663368

OK then. Let's start. There is a prototype photo in my gallery.My apologies if this is getting too close to an actual railway subject.I will return to drivel tomorrow.Unless 251 turns up and then I will be too engrossed with that to post on here.Bernardattachicon.gif1-DSC_0592-001.JPG

Nice hot dog, love the livery especially without the mustard and relish squirted all over it.

1. Last time I bought a 'continental mag' it was definitely top shelf!

2. I did see some amazing clay (Fimo) modelling not that long ago, in 7mm and 4 MM, all sorts of plants, animals and in particular foodstuffs. Trying to rack my brains at which show. There were excellent sides of meat, pies, cakes, bread etc all beautifuly made and yes......... even scale 4mm sossage links for your (Langley) butchers.

• RMweb Premium

I can verify that the things that are purported to be sausages in Canada are particularly tasteless and I could only find tomato sauce to add some sort of taste too them.

• RMweb Gold

Inspired by this thread, I have ordered this months copy of Deutsche Sausage Fest. The description was a bit confusing but I am sure all will be revealed when it arrives. I am looking forward to the article entitled 'Big Adolf's Bavarian multiple meat frenzy!'.

Can't wait. It is interesting how sausage making techniques vary from country to country. For example, I was surprised that according to the cover of the above publication the Bavarians wear a leather facemask with a zip over the mouth, clearly to facilitate the opening of various packets when preparing the sausage. Also, in the interests of cleanliness, the normal mode of dress appears to be black plastic shorts with a leather cross belts over the chest, very handy to hang ones knives off.

I am thinking of subscribing to this publication but will wait for the sample to arrive first. I will of course update accordingly.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Gawd knows trying to build model of a railway is enough of a job! I'm not going to aspire to sausage making at my age. I would have no idea as to what scale or gauge to use!

But do try the locally made Lincolnshire sausage from the Topless butchers at Kirton- in-Lindsey, First rate! 

P.S. on second thoughts it could be Toplis the butchers.

I am sorry......I am easily led.......

post-14122-0-66941400-1479761372.jpg

For example, I was surprised that according to the cover of the above publication the Bavarians wear a leather facemask with a zip over the mouth, clearly to facilitate the opening of various packets when preparing the sausage. Also, in the interests of cleanliness, the normal mode of dress appears to be black plastic shorts with a leather cross belts over the chest, very handy to hang ones knives off.

Those crazy Bavarians! They certainly know how to dress up for a sausage fest.

post-508-0-46352100-1479762149.jpg

Bl**dy He11! That looks like a young Worsell Forever stood proud in the middle of that lot.

Those crazy Yorkshire folk! They certainly know how to dress down for a sausage fest.

Showing Lincolnshire the way.

We aren't at home to trash talking.

Surley you mean "Balderdash talking".

And there was me about to start complimenting the excellent non meat products (which I have sampled on occasion) of Topliss the Butcher. I stress not Topliss, the mutineer. I stress not Muttoneer. 

• RMweb Gold

That bloke on the left looks a bit "different"?

To keep it sausage related I've just bought a kilo of English bangers made by the local Spanish butcher who fancied having a go at an alternative to local fare. Rather nice they are too.

Mike.

So the sun isn't setting on this thread just yet.  Is it out yet? (MRJ, I mean.)

post-508-0-64416700-1479825952.gif

...and as we are touching on the subject of porcine produce what on earth are those porkers up to in the left side of Topliss the butchers window?

14869444060_fd33eb8c06_c.jpgWindow display of Topliss Butcher, Market Square in Kirton-in-Lindsey by Gwynne Williams, on Flickr

Any answer including the term, "Making Bacon" is disqualified.

P

• RMweb Gold

I wanted one of those... until I saw the price (£850 from one antiques site - cripes!), but I just might have to steal the picture for my rmweb avatar. Actually the company was founded by my sister's namesake in 1770. 

Eeerrr the Company is called Harris which is the same name as your sister and yourself......

Or is your sister called sausage?

So the sun isn't setting on this thread just yet.  Is it out yet? (MRJ, I mean.)

attachicon.gifSausage.gif

...and as we are touching on the subject of porcine produce what on earth are those porkers up to in the left side of Topliss the butchers window?

14869444060_fd33eb8c06_c.jpgWindow display of Topliss Butcher, Market Square in Kirton-in-Lindsey by Gwynne Williams, on Flickr

Any answer including the term, "Making Bacon" is disqualified.

P

I,ve just been to Kirton , to toplis the butchers for more  of their superb LINCOLNSHIRE sausages.................Whilst you lot just talk about the sausage I gets me teeth round 'em ,or I would if I had any teeth..........................

Archived