Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Andy - I hope you don't mind a sidetrack for a moment, prompted by Tender's post above.

In a couple of weeks I (along with Chris = Mrs MB) will be enjoying (I hope) a stay at Glyndyfrdwy station. To celebrate

my becoming a pensioner, even if not retiring.

Could I ask your cohort of aquaintances in that neck of the woods for any suggestions of places to visit, with railway/

model connections, or just 'cos they shouldn't be missed.

All the best

• Like 1

Andy - I hope you don't mind a sidetrack for a moment, prompted by Tender's post above.

In a couple of weeks I (along with Chris = Mrs MB) will be enjoying (I hope) a stay at Glyndyfrdwy station. To celebrate

Could I ask your cohort of aquaintances in that neck of the woods for any suggestions of places to visit, with railway/

All the best

I'm sure they will know of somewhere Tony, but I only ever go to Carrog Station when I'm aloud out.

All the best

Hi Tony,

Congratulations 

As for places to visit, well there is the Llangollen Railway which goes through Glyndyfrdwy Station, there is the Bala Lake Railway not far from there, then towards the LLyn Penninsular there is the Ffestiniog Railway and the Welsh Highland Railway at Porthmadog. Further down the coast is the Fairbourne railway at Fairbourne and the Talyllyn Railway in Tywyn.

I'm sure these all have Websites

Regards

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Hi Tony,

Congratulations 

As for places to visit, well there is the Llangollen Railway which goes through Glyndyfrdwy Station, there is the Bala Lake Railway not far from there, then towards the LLyn Penninsular there is the Ffestiniog Railway and the Welsh Highland Railway at Porthmadog. Further down the coast is the Fairbourne railway at Fairbourne and the Talyllyn Railway in Tywyn.

I'm sure these all have Websites

Regards

Jinty ;)

And for modellers, there is the shop at Betsy Coed railway museum.  Porthmadog Models deals with mostly plastic kits and military figures but have good stock of paints, etc.  There's Dapol's shop at Chirk as well and I believe more model shops somewhere in the Vale of Clywd/Ruthin but they are off my regular route along the A5.  If you are looking for good food, visit Rhug Estate just west of Corwen.  We time our travels to arrive at 8am for breakfast, for very good reason!

Paul

Welsh spelling may be wrong, I apologize for being lazy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And for modellers, there is the shop at Betsy Coed railway museum.  Porthmadog Models deals with mostly plastic kits and military figures but have good stock of paints, etc.  There's Dapol's shop at Chirk as well and I believe more model shops somewhere in the Vale of Clywd/Ruthin but they are off my regular route along the A5.  If you are looking for good food, visit Rhug Estate just west of Corwen.  We time our travels to arrive at 8am for breakfast, for very good reason!

Paul

Welsh spelling may be wrong, I apologize for being lazy.

Just be careful with Betws-y-Coed Railway Museum ... while I am not a OO gauge modeller, last time I was there, about 12 months ago, I really didn't rate the shop content and what they did have seemed overpriced (and in my view not just a little over but, waaaaay over!).   I've not been round the museum in years, so cannot comment on that.  Enjoy your break, sure the trains at Glyndyfrdwy will keep you occupied!

Rich

• Like 2

I have submitted my request for a day pass, in triplicate, so I can attend.

OH NO...... :O .....Do you have to :scared:  :scared: ??????????????????? :nono:  :nono:

Whoops SORRY meant to say was; It will be great to see you again mate, :sungum:  maybe this time I won't end up in Hospital and you can come around and see SMS. :stinker:

Edited by Andrew P

No Buyers yet for Pen Y Bont, so it might need stripping soon.

I can re use all the Track, Points and Point Motors, so that's almost £300 and also the backscene, another £12 plus the Level Crossing, Signal Box, Signal, Skytrex low relief warehouse, so another £80 plus, and lots of little bits as well such as Milk Churns, buffers, people etc.

I'll admit I did start measuring up my room this morning until I realised a third or more of the scenic was on board 2, Trebudoc this ain't.

Don't have the space

To make it like Trebudoc you would need to do away with the original board, and just use the Station board onto a Fiddle Yard mate.

• RMweb Premium

No Buyers yet for Pen Y Bont, so it might need stripping soon.

I can re use all the Track, Points and Point Motors, so that's almost £300 and also the backscene, another £12 plus the Level Crossing, Signal Box, Signal, Skytrex low relief warehouse, so another £80 plus, and lots of little bits as well such as Milk Churns, buffers, people etc.

Seriously Andy I did consider it, but distance and the fact I need another few months before my “playroom” is ready means it’s probably a no, no........I really did think it would sell immediately.......but surprised.

Seriously Andy I did consider it, but distance and the fact I need another few months before my “playroom” is ready means it’s probably a no, no........I really did think it would sell immediately.......but surprised.

Thanks David, I wish I was in Pasty Land, I do miss it. as I said, if it doesn't sell then all is not lost, in fact financially I will be better off, apart from the cost of the Base Boards.

Still I could always do another OO Layout on them, I have one Loco and a few wagons left. :nono:  :nono:  :nono: hahah.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

After a shuffle around today, the new boards are up for SMS / DEY, and Pen Y Bont now rests on top as I have a friend around tomorrow to have a look at it.

If it doesn't sell then it will go down the Tip, :nono:  :nono:  be stripped of all useful parts such as Track, Points and the Slow asction DCC Motors, plus many other bits. :sungum:

post-9335-0-91335600-1536512448_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-32983300-1536512488_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Just caught up. Can’t believe the layout is for sale, similarly cannot believe it has not sold yet. Time to launch the Pen Y Bont preservation society.

Morning Andy, you'd better get yourself down to Woodham Brothers Ltd at Barry pretty quick then mate, hahah. :no:  :stinker:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

• RMweb Premium

Just caught up. Can’t believe the layout is for sale, similarly cannot believe it has not sold yet. Time to launch the Pen Y Bont preservation society.

As a founding member of the Save Pencarne Railway Association I would love to pledge full support to your venture but it is a total waste of time as the daft old geezer don't listen to anyone. :nono: :music: :music: :banghead:  :banghead: 

As a founding member of the Save Pencarne Railway Association I would love to pledge full support to your venture but it is a total waste of time as the daft old geezer don't listen to anyone. :nono: :music: :music: :banghead:  :banghead:

Agree. :sungum:

Oi and LESS of the Old if you don't mind :nono: