Any guesses? Some pre-Warley froth.

MGR Hooper!

There's not much new, maybe 1 or 2 new announcements from Red H, O, R and Blue H, plus prototypes of what's to come from one and all, but the jungle drums this week have really only suggested a cattle wagon from Hornby and a Tank wagon from Heljan have actually made the retailers shelves this week.

From the just released Rapido UK newsletter we know (in terms of non-Hornby announcements):

- 2 DMU announcements from Realtrack

- a bogie wagon from Revolution in N, with a possibiltiy of OO if enough interest

- a mystery partner who has contracted Rapido to produce a new locomotive

Containers are quite large - Hornby could have brought something else in ready for release at Warley?

Whats due soon?

They might show the B12 models as ready for delivery.  The first tranche of Pecketts might be similarly exhibited. 20T coke hoppers and the latest versions of the J50s too.

The engineering sample of the Wainwright H will probably be there.

Surprises teased in the Engine Shed blog?  Dunno....  Perhaps an announcment that all the postponed models from 2016 will be produced before the Chinese New Year?

And the 2017 catalogue, possibly in a retro mid-70s style!

(they are trying hard to get rid of excess copies of the 2016 "handbook"....)

Really do need to proofread before clicking send....

• RMweb Gold

So 2017 is quite a significant anniversary date in Southern region history.

The original form Merchant Navy obviously would be a central place in this role, I wonder if the rebuilt WC\BB or MN will also play a role in this range ?

Maybe it's Bulleid turn for a gloss coloured limited edition collection ? (And of course leads on to 2018's anniversary on the Midland / BR steam as a whole)

• RMweb Gold

The original form Merchant Navy obviously would be a central place in this role, I wonder if the rebuilt WC\BB or MN will also play a role in this range ?

Maybe it's Bulleid turn for a gloss coloured limited edition collection ? (And of course leads on to 2018's anniversary on the Midland / BR steam as a whole)

The air-smoothed MN won't really have any relevance to the anniversary of the end of Southern steam as they had all been rebuilt long before then.

The rebuilt Pacifics are a different matter.

Glossy finish? No thanks.

John

In tune with the Centenary of the Great War,  I see there is no shortage of 'Moaning Minnies" !

Enjoy the weekend,

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Edit: If you do not understand the reference, please Google it.

Whats due soon?

They might show the B12 models as ready for delivery.  The first tranche of Pecketts might be similarly exhibited. 20T coke hoppers and the latest versions of the J50s too.

The engineering sample of the Wainwright H will probably be there.

Surprises teased in the Engine Shed blog?  Dunno....  Perhaps an announcment that all the postponed models from 2016 will be produced before the Chinese New Year?

(they are trying hard to get rid of excess copies of the 2016 "handbook"....)

Really do need to proofread before clicking send....

"Perhaps an announcment that all the postponed models from 2016 will be produced before the Chinese New Year? 

----------------------------------------------------

Don't think this will happen, since Hornby last week backdate the release dates for some loco´s, Black5 - 3-7-2017

'Drysllwyn Castle- 3-9-2017, not checked all but there will be more, beter to say they will be produced before the next, next :sarcastichand:  Chinese New  Year, :no:

But here are some of mine predictions on the last day before Warley :

A industrial loco, since Peckett became a hit

A GWR restaurant, and a new Collet coach to expand the series from last year, maybe a autocoach and a new livery  of the last year released Collet coaches in  GWR button livery. { money in the pocket for Hornby}

A revamped 61Xx loco

A SR restaurant coach, needed, maybe some re-release Maunsell coaches in  lined Maunsell green, years not availlable sought after 

A LMS open third, long awaited for

A LMS revamped Princess class loco

Not many LNER , maybe one new Gresley coach or goods van 

And overall , an wagon for one of these GWR, SR, LMS

I think they drop many items from their catalogue for one year that don't sell fast to focus on new products

and good selling products,

Every year change it on some and release them after a year or two,give some appetite to people to buy when they availlable again.

And doing so you have some space in the production line to keep up with the release  dates for new models

These are only mine guesses, but you never know, maybe :dontknow: 

• RMweb Premium

1975 was the last one with a Cuneo on the cover (Kolhapur on the Lickey I believe) after which they went distinctly downhill, so that we would be the style to emulate. Perhaps Hornby have built an Automatic Terence to do the painting.

• RMweb Gold

Was that an unrebuilt MN I saw in the H class test video????

Phil

1975 was the last one with a Cuneo on the cover (Kolhapur on the Lickey I believe) after which they went distinctly downhill, so that we would be the style to emulate. Perhaps Hornby have built an Automatic Terence to do the painting.

1975 was the Stockton and Darlington 150th anniversary issue with the line drawings of locomotives on the cover. The Jubilee one was 1974.

http://www.hornbyguide.com/publication_details.asp?publicationid=9

Jason

Hornsby have posted a teaser photo on their Facebook, which I can't seem to post a like to!

It features a table draped in a black cloth in front of a promotional image of Mallard with a Pullman behind it. The table seems to have something under the black cloth, which may well have a sloping end to it. That and an A4 photo, hmmmmm, is that a Coronation set under there?!

It would be bloody expensive, but would be a vast improvement over my Mailcoach set that I built in my youth!

Cheers

J

I'm fairly sure the Jubilee was in 1977. I remember going to a street party, dressed as a commemorative mug

I was going to point out that !977 was a HST. Then It clicked....

Full set of covers here if anyone is interested. Up to 2011 anyway.

http://www.hornbyguide.com/publication_menu.asp

Jason

Archived