Any guesses? Some pre-Warley froth.

MGR Hooper!

Honestly I'm more curious about this:

Seems like it's a shade past mid-November already.  Makes me wonder if their mid-year results might contain some more up beat news waiting to be covered at Warley.

I saw Hot Cross Buns on sale in a supermarket a couple of weeks ago....

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Actually Hornby could steal a march over Bachmann and do a decent Ivatt and Standard 2MT tank after Bachmann well and truly dropped the ball releasing their ancient (all be it still just about acceptable with a bit of work) 2MT Ivatt tank body on a new chassis and then wanted a silly price for it.

Can we have a really good maunsell U, really good Ivatt 2 tank and really good Standard 2 78000 and Standard 3 77000. PLEASE.

Maunsell U I support fully. I had hoped for a long time that Bachmann would derive this class from their N.... Considering there are more Us preserved than Ns, it makes sense.

Left Field Froth.....

Now, we all know that Heljan have announced a Class 120 DMU in 7mm scale; yes?

Thinking laterally and given the precedents of upscaling 4mm to 7mm models in their range, what's to say that they haven't done this one the other way round and will have 120's for sale at this show that everyone is so excited about?

Just a thought...... :secret:

Hat, coat etc.

ps If it turns out to be true :jester: you heard it here first!

What is missing from the range are the smaller engines, a new pannier or tank engine or one of the less standard tender engines. Now we have seen some of these being produced by Hornby for the other big four, perhaps it is time for one from the western region.

Generally missing from GW RTR provision is anything from other companies. The sole 'furriner' is the Robinson 2-8-0, and that only available fairly recently, and does not represent the companies absorbed at grouping. If memory serves the Taff's A class 0-6-2T would probably be the most numerous / longest lasting in service choice, and sufficiently different in appearance from Swindon's products to stand out.

• RMweb Gold

I see what you've done there; clever that.

Mike, it might be clever but it's definitely against the latest version of the frothing rules. I am absolutely sure that it breaks the 'ascending three digit number froth' rule and therefore doesn't count as a recognised legal froth.

Looking forward to a visit to Warley on Sunday to examine what has been deposited by the high tide.

all the best

Godfrey

• RMweb Premium

If memory serves the Taff's A class 0-6-2T would probably be the most numerous / longest lasting in service choice, and sufficiently different in appearance from Swindon's products to stand out.

At least one of the Taff's much prettier O2 class was in service until 1968 and is preserved ;) The 0-6-2t seems to be a Bachmann speciality however.

Left Field Froth.....

Thinking laterally and given the precedents of upscaling 4mm to 7mm models in their range, what's to say that they haven't done this one the other way round and will have 120's for sale at this show that everyone is so excited about?

Hat, coat etc.

If this turns out to be true, I hope the cash machines at the NEC are well-stocked ! 

• RMweb Gold

Left Field Froth.....

Hat, coat etc.

That's why I am taking my credit card.....!!!!

Phil

You're brave writing that.

Someone made a similar comment on the thread about this exhibition. Last I heard the baying mob were planning to crucify him for not taking cash from home.

No, I don't see what the problem is with the comment either, but there you go.

If this turns out to be true, I hope the cash machines at the NEC are well-stocked ! 

• RMweb Premium

Cute little W.R. 16XX. Small, economical branch line loco used in England, Wales and Scotland. One also preserved. What's not to like?

It's from that G.W.R. thingie?

;) ;)

• RMweb Gold

Maybe I should risk going against the tide, and suggest that actually...

There's not much new, maybe 1 or 2 new announcements from Red H, O, R and Blue H, plus prototypes of what's to come from one and all, but the jungle drums this week have really only suggested a cattle wagon from Hornby and a Tank wagon from Heljan have actually made the retailers shelves this week.

My strategy is to head straight to the back of the hall right corner of the hall, then come forwards.

Although Lufthansa did their best to stop strand me in Helsinki, I made it to London, not showered, shaved and I have my back pack :-), so I guess I fit at least one stereotype.

When I get to the doors I can say "I'm not a railway modeller but I did stay at a Holiday inn last night"

Maybe I should risk going against the tide, and suggest that actually...

There's not much new, maybe 1 or 2 new announcements from Red H, O, R and Blue H, plus prototypes of what's to come from one and all, but the jungle drums this week have really only suggested a cattle wagon from Hornby and a Tank wagon from Heljan have actually made the retailers shelves this week.

Containers are quite large - Hornby could have brought something else in ready for release at Warley?

Archived