Any guesses? Some pre-Warley froth.

MGR Hooper!

Bullhead track?

It's a thought that strikes me every time in their own promotional material with the latest and bestest product on show: 'Guys, put it on some better track, even if not of your own manufacture'.

But of course they cannot do that, any more than show off their six wheel bogie Pullmans with something like the Bachmann/NRM C1, or use Bachmann's excellent 16T minerals with their own BR liveried late crest  steam and first gen diesel locos.

Someday though, they must renew their track range, and the other manufacturers have left the door open for them in one key respect. Hornby could offer better OO flatbottom rail track. A code 83 FB rail system with all the options from a set track range through to a flexitrack system. A pipe dream at the moment in their financial position: they just have to remember to do it when the good times roll.

• RMweb Gold

This is the problem with the instant information age. Now everybody knows that we're doing XXXXXXXXXXXXX before we're able to properly announce it! However, at least the YYYYYYYYY poject still seems to be a closely guarded secret.....  :onthequiet:

Bill

Bill sorry but I couldn't find that one on the keyboard (and somethings do have to be kept under wraps of course).

Someday though, they must renew their track range, and the other manufacturers have left the door open for them in one key respect. Hornby could offer better OO flatbottom rail track. A code 83 FB rail system with all the options from a set track range through to a flexitrack system. A pipe dream at the moment in their financial position: they just have to remember to do it when the good times roll.

I think the possibility of 00 track from Hornby even in the future is very low, as their track range services their H0 brands as well (having displaced the indigenous products in each of the brands).

Well, no one has suggested just how many new liveries of the Peckett 0-4-0ST will be announced  -  mayber "X" number ?

In years to come, when the moulds for the 101, the Caly Pug and the other couple of 0-4-0 oddities that Hornby insists on churning out disintegrate, we may the Peckett sporting dodgy liveries in lieu.......

Given that over a year ago I was told that "somebody" had laser scanned all of NELPG's locos, and that subsequently two of them (K1 and Q6) have appeared from Hornby, should the J27 be somewhere on the highly possible list?

Les

• RMweb Premium

J27 would certainly make good sense. Looking at all the other stuff that's available from Hornby and Bachmann that's suitable for the NER, it's a very obvious gap that should surely be filled before too long. That attractive little J21 0-6-0 would also make a nice model!

The East Londoner in me, however, continues to hope for a Buckjumper and N7.........

• RMweb Premium

This is the problem with the instant information age. Now everybody knows that we're doing XXXXXXXXXXXXX before we're able to properly announce it! However, at least the YYYYYYYYY poject still seems to be a closely guarded secret.....  :onthequiet:

Bill

Especially if someone creates a thread saying we are scanning XXXXXXXXXXXXX. but we are not sure with all previous threads if we've got XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY in collaboration with someone else , and there may even be a ZZZZZZZZZZZ. We hopefully will find out soon. Unfortunately all of them are likely to be £££££££££££££££

• RMweb Gold

Especially if someone creates a thread saying we are scanning XXXXXXXXXXXXX. but we are not sure with all previous threads if we've got XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY in collaboration with someone else , and there may even be a ZZZZZZZZZZZ. We hopefully will find out soon. Unfortunately all of them are likely to be £££££££££££££££

No need to worry - here is a picture of XXXXXXXXXXXX, or maybe it was ZZZZZZZZZZ, being scanned and I expect you'll be right about the ££££££££££ bit

post-6859-0-34440900-1479638845_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

How about a re-tooled tanner-oner and new chassis (61xx for the higorant...). Still, you can't please all the people all the time..etc..

I have never heard a 61xx called a tanner-oner before.

You live and learn.

Eltel

Unfortunately all of them are likely to be £££££££££££££££

But of course. A malenky bit of cutter does tend to oil the wheels, assist in transactions and allow us to acquire new models. Without it purchasing things would prove problematic.

G.

Archived