Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

Will the sound fitted Scotrail Saltire versions be coming back in stock again or even will the sound decoders/speakers be available separately?

These are factory fitted ESU Select decoders and only available in units:

50 Only Sound 156-111 & 25 Only Sound 156-112 will arrive in Decembe, these are available to order on the Website after the 28th November.

Charlie

Mine arrived today and I have to say that photos don't do this model justice! It has to be the best detailed unit out there! I thought the 144 was superb but this is even better. Great box and paperwork too.

I sat there for ages staring at the depth of the interior trying to work out where those motors were! They are so well hidden I gave up :)

Also thanks to Charlie for sorting out the strange card issue I had (NatWest being odd as usual) at the weekend! Sorted out with a quick 2 minute phone call.

Looking forward to the barbie one now (although I'm starting to wonder if I should have ordered the DCC version of that one too) and definitely looking forward to the provincial one next year

There seem to be some DCC issues out there re the DCC & DCC Sound Fitted Class156's.  We have just twigged today what customers are doing!!!!!

The Class 156 DCC & DCC Sound has TWO decoders & TWO motors (One in each carriage) so when altering CVs and especially addresses, all customers must change the address of each car (One at Once) !!  Not put both carriages on the programming track together at the same time, we suggest you should NEVER try programming two decoders together, as odd results WILL happen, these being the cocking up of pre-programmed features including the direction of travel.

So IF you have done this and got away with it, god knows how.  Always program each decoder seperately PLEASE.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

Charlie, from reading this forum and speaking to others I know the amount of work involved in presenting this model to the public. Can I wholeheartedly thank you for such a brilliant model. Not only is it superbly detailed (I have both saltire liveries) but the sound is first class. I'm so glad I changed my mind to get dcc sound. I have only just returned to the modelling scene and wasn't sure about dcc but I am now converted so thank you for that too!!

I am so looking forward to the Barbie editions and any other Scottish edition you hope to release (hopefully a spt one!!!)

• Like 1

Anybody else still waiting for their credit card to be debited for the spot rail ones? I'm developing a compulsive desire to keep checking my card online in the hope of seeing a realtrack transaction.... weird eh! Lol....

Anybody else still waiting for their credit card to be debited for the spot rail ones? I'm developing a compulsive desire to keep checking my card online in the hope of seeing a realtrack transaction.... weird eh! Lol....

You are not the only one. Patience is a virtue and a trial. Having seen the samples at Rapido before production, I know how great they are and am happy to wait on the one man band of Charlie getting to mine.

Stephen

Hello everyone,

This coming weekend Rannoch will be at the Great Electric Train show and will have the new Realtrack 156's in action once I collect them from Charlie. It will be nice to complete the line up of trains seen on the West Highland Line with this quality model. I was lucky to see the unpainted sample last year at ST Andrews show and see the fine detail which will put this model up there as the best DMU available.

See you all at the show

Mark

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

This coming weekend Rannoch will be at the Great Electric Train show and will have the new Realtrack 156's in action once I collect them from Charlie. It will be nice to complete the line up of trains seen on the West Highland Line with this quality model. I was lucky to see the unpainted sample last year at ST Andrews show and see the fine detail which will put this model up there as the best DMU available.

See you all at the show

Mark

Pack of 10 is cheaper.

Mine arrived yesterday: SpotRail with sound. A thing of real beauty, with amazing innovations. DMU modelling won't be the same now.

Wow. Really good instructions with plenty of humour.

Just one thing: how do you attach the snowploughs/obstruction deflectors?

John

Mine arrived yesterday: SpotRail with sound. A thing of real beauty, with amazing innovations. DMU modelling won't be the same now.

Wow. Really good instructions with plenty of humour.

Just one thing: how do you attach the snowploughs/obstruction deflectors?

John

Small pieces of Black Tack /double sided tape, I'd paint the rear and edges Black before fitting them, will make them look less "chunky" .............

Small pieces of Black Tack /double sided tape, I'd paint the rear and edges Black before fitting them, will make them look less "chunky" .............

That is how they come in the model.   Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

It would be nice if there was any pre-production images of the Provincial models that are pending? Is there anything that can be shared on these at this stage?

The Class 156 Scotrail's have all not arrived yet as we have been badly let down by Rapido, so IF you have a Bachmann 150 in Provincial it will be just like that, BUT 10 times better in quality, features, detailing & DCC Enabled features.

Got to deliver the ScotRail ones first.     200 Gone out with 300 left to ship. 'When Rapido deliver them' The promise is 2nd week of December, 9 months late!!   Charlie

Thanks to Charlie for bringing my new Sound fitted 156 to the Great Electric Train show at the weekend.

The unit went straight into service at set up on the Friday evening and ran smoothly straight from the box. Charlie was admiring it on route to Fort William at Rannoch until Bif dragged him away for tea!

The sound and DCC functions are great especially the door locking lights, light flicker when switched in and the cab light going out before departure.

I was asked a lot if that was the new model and is it worth it. Quite Simply Yes. This is the best DMU available and has been worth the wait.

Huge Congratulations to Charlie and Arran on producing this and Bifs sounds and DCC control features take the humble unit to a whole new level of realism.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks to Charlie for bringing my new Sound fitted 156 to the Great Electric Train show at the weekend.

The unit went straight into service at set up on the Friday evening and ran smoothly straight from the box. Charlie was admiring it on route to Fort William at Rannoch until Bif dragged him away for tea!

The sound and DCC functions are great especially the door locking lights, light flicker when switched in and the cab light going out before departure.

I was asked a lot if that was the new model and is it worth it. Quite Simply Yes. This is the best DMU available and has been worth the wait.

Huge Congratulations to Charlie and Arran on producing this and Bifs sounds and DCC control features take the humble unit to a whole new level of realism.

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

Photos attached.

post-11572-0-90344000-1507683653_thumb.jpg

post-11572-0-98930100-1507683662_thumb.jpg

post-11572-0-51547900-1507683671_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

The Class 156 Scotrail's have all not arrived yet as we have been badly let down by Rapido, so IF you have a Bachmann 150 in Provincial it will be just like that, BUT 10 times better in quality, features, detailing & DCC Enabled features.

Got to deliver the ScotRail ones first.     200 Gone out with 300 left to ship. 'When Rapido deliver them' The promise is 2nd week of December, 9 months late!!   Charlie

Yorkshire-Canada diplomatic relations getting to the point where the UN need to be called in?

That's OK, the longer it takes to process all the orders, the more likely it is I may have a DCC system by then to enjoy all the features and sounds.  Or that you'll wind up shipping mine to Canada while i'm in the UK at Christmas (go Murphy's law of pre-ordering from overseas!!)

-Stephen