Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

We now have the first 156 to appear on that auction site. Although starting with a 99p opening bid rather than an exploitative doubling of the retail price as is usually the case.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Realtrack-Rapido-class-156-in-Abellio-branded-Barbie-livery/182909272763?hash=item2a963e02bb:g:KyoAAOSwh1haEC0V

Edited by Scottish-Exile

We now have the first 156 to appear on that auction site. Although starting with a 99p opening bid rather than an exploitative doubling of the retail price as is usually the case.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Realtrack-Rapido-class-156-in-Abellio-branded-Barbie-livery/182909272763?hash=item2a963e02bb:g:KyoAAOSwh1haEC0V

We know the customer, IF sold for a high amount the guy will get no more.    Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

Artwork has been started on the next batch, sadly these will be later than planned due to the main batch of Class 156's not even arrived yet.

Provincial and East Midlands Trains liveries are both next.

Rather after Northern Rail Blue, and Regional Railways Express here too.

post-3411-0-88351600-1511213298_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Artwork has been started on the next batch, sadly these will be later than planned due to the main batch of Class 156's not even arrived yet.

Ah, good reminder. Deposit just placed for 156-458 Super Sprinter in Provincial livery, Inverness to Glasgow. If there's a rush of orders at Warley this weekend I don't want to have missed the boat ;)

• RMweb Gold

We know the customer, IF sold fpt a high amount he guy will get no more. Charlie

That would be a bit harsh given the start price. Hardly the seller’s fault if the buyers go mad. I sold a loco a while back that went for way more than I considered it worth.

Roy

That would be a bit harsh given the start price. Hardly the seller’s fault if the buyers go mad. I sold a loco a while back that went for way more than I considered it worth.

Roy

Agree with this – It wasn't put on at £500+, which would be blatant profiteering. Surely once you've bought something you are within your right to sell it on.

People buy and sell models as their collections evolve – that's just how it is. I'd be pretty upset if a manufacturer stopped me placing orders just because I'd sold one of their items on.

Roy

Not trying to be harsh, but we are running out of some of these models and I would like customers to be able to buy them at £220.00 because they want them. People on Ebay are daft paying over the odds, search for Realtrack Models and buy them cheaper.  Is that difficult!   Charlie

PPS We are keeping a small amount for Glasgow Show in February.  

Edited by charliepetty

Not trying to be harsh, but we are running out of some of these models and I would like customers to be able to buy them at £220.00 because they want them. People on Ebay are daft, search for Realtrack Models and buy them cheaper.  Is that difficult!   Charlie

PPS We are keeping a small amount for Glasgow Show in February.  

I have bought and sold on eBay almost 1,000 times and I'm not sure I'm that daft! I've even sold models so I could buy one of your Class 156s.

I'll always support retailers in their endeavours to bring new and exciting models to the market, however I think you need to be careful if you start penalising people for selling models on. If they buy 5 and put them on at £400 each then fair enough - it's obvious they are trying to make money.

However some people have to sell their models, be it financial pressures, or their desire to obtain something different for their collection instead. It was put on at a starting price of 99p. If it sells for an amount that's higher than the current retail price then that's not that persons fault.

Hi Charlie.Is the artwork for the Provincial livery final? I think there is an error on the sides at the inner ends of the coach. Doesn't the dark blue and the stripes continue right to the end of the coach? Apologies If you are aware of this.

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie.Is the artwork for the Provincial livery final? I think there is an error on the sides at the inner ends of the coach. Doesn't the dark blue and the stripes continue right to the end of the coach? Apologies If you are aware of this.

Steve

Yes, it should...

http://www.hondawanderer.com/156418_Black_Bank_1991.htm

oh, and...

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/img/gi_33_397_700_497.jpg :sarcastichand:

Edited by JDW

• RMweb Premium

Looks like he'll be getting more then. Sold for £215+£5 post, so a loss to on top of the eBay + paypal fees.

Maybe Charlie could introduce a Buyback service, a bit like when you "buy" a car on those contract-hire type plans, where they give you a guaranteed value after 3 years...

Maybe Charlie could introduce a Buyback service, a bit like when you "buy" a car on those contract-hire type plans, where they give you a guaranteed value after 3 years...

Behave.

Charlie's a Yorkshireman.  If there's one thing a Yorkshireman loves more than Yorkshire it's hanging on to t' brass.