Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

Behave.

Charlie's a Yorkshireman. If there's one thing a Yorkshireman loves more than Yorkshire it's hanging on to t' brass.

You are quite correct.Hanging on to it is a bit of a problem for Charlie.

At a show, I once saw him drop an old pound coin,and it hit him on the back of his neck,before it even had chance to hit the floor !!!

All Artwork shown is provisional!  As you all know it is difficult to spot errors you have made yourself, thus by using Pre-Painted samples & Artwork drawings on forums such as RM Web allows you all to comment, that helps us 'Get it right' So PLEASE comment on the stuff with suggestions, comments and possible new projects!!

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

All Artwork shown is provisional!  As you all know it is difficult to spot errors you have made yourself, thus by using Pre-Painted samples & Artwork drawings on forums such as RM Web allows you all to comment, that helps us 'Get it right' So PLEASE comment on the stuff with suggestions, comments and possible new projects!!

So I'm just going to throw a few ideas out now that new projects have been mentioned. 

Firstly I missed the 143s and 144s when they were produced a few years ago. Could their be a potential re run? 144012 in it's new livery, a Northern Rail purple one with branding and a Northern Rail purple one without the branding. I understand that the only one produced of these three in the original batch was a Northern Rail 144 with branding. 

Also I have noticed that at least one 143 wears GWR Green now. Could this be produced? 

Then their is the FGW Purple livery with the names of the different places on. I think this is referred to as "local lines" branding. The detail on this model is amazing. I have seen one on Ebay and it just looks magnificent. Could another one or two of these be produced but with different running numbers? 

Northern Rail 150s. Both the flush ends (no doors) and door ends. One with Northern Rail branding, one without Northern Rail branding both in the original Northern Rail purple and the new Northern Rail white livery. All liveries could be produced with and without doors on the ends. Bachmann's model a couple of years ago featured doors at the ends of the unit. 

The Northern Rail 155s would be a good idea. I travel on 155342 regularly and it's another Northern Rail unit that I would like to acquire. 

Something I have wanted for ages are more 37s and 57/0s. 

37423 in DRS Basic livery

37606 & 37609 in DRS Compass livery as a twin pack

37608 & 37611 in Europhoenix livery as a twin pack

37607 & 37612 in Colas Rail livery as a twin pack (when they are repainted in reality)

Rail Operations Group 37601

Colas Rail 37116

Network Rail 97301

DRS Revised 37716

DRS Compass 37603 or 37604 

A WCRC Maroon 37 with the same noses

57002 & 57007 in Revised DRS as a twin pack 

57004 & 57009 in DRS Compass as a twin pack

All of these locos are just suggestions and I don't expect that all of them will be produced. They are just ideas. 

• RMweb Premium

Something I have wanted for ages are more 37s and 57/0s. 

37423 in DRS Basic livery

37606 & 37609 in DRS Compass livery as a twin pack

37608 & 37611 in Europhoenix livery as a twin pack

37607 & 37612 in Colas Rail livery as a twin pack (when they are repainted in reality)

Rail Operations Group 37601

Colas Rail 37116

Network Rail 97301

DRS Revised 37716

DRS Compass 37603 or 37604 

A WCRC Maroon 37 with the same noses

57002 & 57007 in Revised DRS as a twin pack 

57004 & 57009 in DRS Compass as a twin pack

All of these locos are just suggestions and I don't expect that all of them will be produced. They are just ideas. 

You need to lobby Bachmann with that lot.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Charlie,

As with the artwork for 156438 this one also has the coloured stripes not wrapping round the non-cab end. Is that something you plan to correct? Or is the artwork correct for some 156s?

Thanks,

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Hi Charlie,

As with the artwork for 156438 this one also has the coloured stripes not wrapping round the non-cab end. Is that something you plan to correct? Or is the artwork correct for some 156s?

Thanks,

Roy

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie, possible new projects - TransPennine dmu. I know it would be expensive because of all the different bodies, but people seem happy to pay good money for with things like the APT, LNER dynometer car, Blue Pullman and 4TC, so a TransPennine dmu could be worthwhile.

When the Provincial units ran on the longer distance services they often had carriage destination labels stuck on the windows, would this be practical to include on the model? Would people want it represented? Bachmann managed to do this with the Trans-Pennine MK2 coaches ltd edition items and the printing really added depth and additional detail to the model.

Is anyone else still waiting for their spotty Scotrail 156? Are there more to come?

Yes, there are a few of us.... Charlie posted a while ago apologising for the delay.... from memory. I think he was expecting the bulk of the 156’s to arrive just before Christmas, so by the time the holidays are over, and he deals with all the orders i’m Not really expecting mine till mid January....

Hi, 

I know they have different fleet numbers and destinations but can you tell me the difference between RT156-114 & RT156-117? 

Thanks,

Samuel.

AFAIK one may have "Abellio" branding the other "First Group" ?  ...................

Correction - they appear to be both the same ? apart from running no's/destinations - (RT156-113) 156 477 is the Abellio version 

Edited by tractor_37260

One with Northern Rail branding, one without Northern Rail branding both in the original Northern Rail purple and the new Northern Rail white livery. All liveries could be produced with and without doors on the ends.

The new white Northern 156s have an extra filled window as part of an extended toilet when refurbished, so is not a simple re-livery of the ScotRail version.

I would buy at least one Northern 144 if there was ever a re-run, you could do 144012 (The refurbished 144 'Evolution' done at the RTC), which will stay around for a long time yet, even if its the only one being done because of the wheelchair access. Not sure how much retooling it would need though.

How about a collaboration with the NRM for a promo-liveried Northern Unit. Either that or the Settle-Carlisle version?

Anything Northern will do though :) 

P.S. The Scotrail Barbie 156 is incredible. I can't stop staring at it! Then you fire it up and the sounds are mind-blowing. The toilet discharge is my favourite. It just sounds so sloppy!!  :laugh: 

DJC_156490_nrm_right-vinyl_030508.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Scotrail Barbie 156 is incredible. I can't stop staring at it!

I managed to resist temptation at the Manchester show yesterday, but my resolve is slowly cracking. Strongly suspect I'll be bringing one home from ModelRail Scotland in a couple of months.

How about a collaboration with the NRM for a promo-liveried Northern Unit. Either that or the Settle-Carlisle version?

Anything Northern will do though :) 

P.S. The Scotrail Barbie 156 is incredible. I can't stop staring at it! Then you fire it up and the sounds are mind-blowing. The toilet discharge is my favourite. It just sounds so sloppy!!  :laugh: 

DJC_156490_nrm_right-vinyl_030508.jpg

Is there anyone anywhere that has all the Northern 156 picture liveries recorded? Id like to get the Bishop Auckland 156 modelled. 

Picked up a spotty 156 at warley last week. The model is quite amazing. From detail to the sounds, can't fault it.

Then surprisingly my pre ordered 156 landed in the post during the week, this one being the Barbie. Again, superb, decoration looks great, though I do feel the 'First' round logo is too purple, photos generally show light pink, though I will be weathering the unit so it'll blend in.

Quite probably the best DMU on the market. Now seeing as you already have tooled the bogies up, just need you to do a 153 to bring them up to stardard ;-)

• Like 2