Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

I think you're talking about the driven bogie, if the axle isn't turning then there's probably something wrong with the gears driving it.  If its not moving, oil will be of no help, and probably do more harm than good.  Send it back to Charlie and let him have a look.  

I think you're talking about the driven bogie, if the axle isn't turning then there's probably something wrong with the gears driving it.  If its not moving, oil will be of no help, and probably do more harm than good.  Send it back to Charlie and let him have a look.  

I have sent you a PM,  PLEASE RESPOND!    Charlie

As Mr Petty said: So PLEASE comment on the stuff with suggestions, comments and possible new projects!!

Central Trains 156 in the Green and Blue would be a good one, they were known to make it as far as Cardiff..... 

Pacer wise, how about a 143 in Valley Lines and Visit Bristol Back? 

Guest eddie reffin

Thanks Charlie and Arran, my second 156 arrived today. Absolutely superb chaps! 156477 is the only 156 I have driven in real life during my training so has a wee bit of a special place in my heart. Time to start saving for a third!

post-3930-0-46301000-1515078286_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Guest eddie reffin

Probably asking the obvious here but anyway.....

post-3930-0-73750400-1515345424_thumb.jpg

Is this an operational speaker? Apologies if I'm coming across as thick! The connections are marked LS+ and LS- so am fairly confident in it but just wanted find out if there was actually a speaker in the enclosure. 

With possible the exception of the Dapol 68, this has got to be the easiest model to fit a decoder to! The more i look at the units, the more I find brilliant features. 

• RMweb Gold

IMG_0084.jpg

Is this an operational speaker? Apologies if I'm coming across as thick! The connections are marked LS+ and LS- so am fairly confident in it but just wanted find out if there was actually a speaker in the enclosure.

With possible the exception of the Dapol 68, this has got to be the easiest model to fit a decoder to! The more i look at the units, the more I find brilliant features.

Looks like an iphone 4 speaker.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Can I have a replacement box sticker for my ScotRail Barbie... it shows a spotty 156 on my sticker :D (Joking)

Just noticed the sticker is wrong on mine too - 156-112 rather than 156-111 which is in the box :)

attachicon.gifIMG_0084.jpg

Not much point putting in and wiring up a 'Non Operational' speaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YES IT WORKS.     Charlie

When will the East Midlands Class 156s be out? And when is the final date for pre-order? (need to start saving!)

Thanks

As the September delivery on the Scotrail ones are just going out (4 Month Late) our delivery has gone back to 'Very Late Summer) !!!!!!   SORRY

• Like 1

Guest eddie reffin

Not much point putting in and wiring up a 'Non Operational' speaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YES IT WORKS.     Charlie

Just checking that it was actually a speaker and not some sort of light-store capacitor :jester:

You guys really have thought everything!

Hmm something not quite right about the colour. I have made my recommended changes ;)

post-22366-0-45212500-1515760709_thumb.jpg

Seeing as it is Christmas, please can we have a GA 156?

So if I wanted one of these, seeing your Provincial runs are 150 units. Would I have to order 150 x GA units? I can do this... anyone want to help by buying 148 off me? Could this be a RMWeb Exclusive edition? Seeing as all the GA 156s shall be gone by end of next year. Really want some! Would like the older National Express 'One' debranded too. 

Edited by 159220

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

Absolutely loving my 156. Here is a short video:

Wow. That was fab!. I've got the 2 Spotty versions but starting to regret not getting a Spotty and a First Scotrail Barbie. I can see me getting one at Model Rail Scotland next month if Charlie brings some up there ;)

Edited by Scottish-Exile
  • Like 1

Wow. That was fab!. I've got the 2 Spotty versions but starting to regret not getting a Spotty and a First Scotrail Barbie. I can see me getting one at Model Rail Scotland next month if Charlie brings some up there ;)

Thanks! Ironically my Barbie one (156467) has very recently been repainted into Spot Rail lol

Well my Barbie has finally arrived - WOW it's most impressive, the complicated livery paint finish being flawless.  Very well packed, both inner and outer, with no loose parts on opening ! .  It's was a little bit sticky on it's first run, but I'm confident that will disappear once fully run-in. 

The manual states the volume (CV63) is set at max = 192  it's actually 120  but loud enough for now. May consider adding some extra speakers as time permits, a post earlier in this thread shows a unit fitted with what looks like the active driver part from an EM 1 or 2 fitted.....in the chassis ? hmm........

Although the model has 3 lighting modes, unless I'm missing something, there appears to be no provision for switching the lighting/tail lights to suit multi-unit working ?  With fitted interior lighting, it now needs some passengers and a driver /guard to populate it..........

All in all very pleased indeed with it, the bar for the forthcoming re-tooled 158 has now been truly raised way way up........................ :yes:

Edited by tractor_37260
  • Like 2

We will have them there for sale, stocks on some are getting low though.    Charlie

Well my Barbie has finally arrived - WOW it's most impressive, the complicated livery paint finish being flawless.  Very well packed, both inner and outer, with no loose parts on opening ! .  It's was a little bit sticky on it's first run, but I'm confident that will disappear once fully run-in. 

The manual states the volume (CV63) is set at max = 192  it's actually 120  but loud enough for now. May consider adding some extra speakers as time permits, a post earlier in this thread shows a unit fitted with what looks like the active driver part from an EM 1 or 2 fitted.....in the chassis ? hmm........

Although the model has 3 lighting modes, unless I'm missing something, there appears to be no provision for switching the lighting/tail lights to suit multi-unit working ?  With fitted interior lighting, it now needs some passengers and a driver /guard to populate it..........

All in all very pleased indeed with it, the bar for the forthcoming re-tooled 158 has now been truly raised way way up........................ :yes:

The Lighting cannot be turned off between cars!   Sorry.    Charlie

We will have them there for sale, stocks on some are getting low though.    Charlie

The Lighting cannot be turned off between cars!   Sorry.    Charlie

In that case can I return it  !   :jester:

Seriously, that's a shame - perhaps a missed opportunity, especially with 6 function outputs available per car. After having a quick look at the function mapping on the Lokprog, I have a couple of ideas which hopefully should allow each car to have it's own tail light switch via separate F keys.  That's the plan, but it remains to be seen if the wiring may also require altering to achieve this ?  It would then allow for no lights between multi coupled units, with only lights at the front and rear. If it all goes pear shaped then there's always CV8 -  nothing ventured - nothing gained...................