Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got round to fitting the Snowploughs, a combination of tape and a dot of glue underneath the tab.

I'm presuming the tab sets the height ?

post-732-0-41534700-1508965507_thumb.jpg

The plough actually looks far to low and I'm sure will come into contact with the rails when cornering and over points.

Is it fitted correctly ?

Interestingly I've compared it to a well known model and it looks massively oversize or the other one is far too small...

But the running height looks a lot better...

post-732-0-74581200-1508965500_thumb.jpg

Well finally got round to fitting the Snowploughs, a combination of tape and a dot of glue underneath the tab.

I'm presuming the tab sets the height ?

attachicon.gif20171025_215547.jpg

The plough actually looks far to low and I'm sure will come into contact with the rails when cornering and over points.

Is it fitted correctly ?

Interestingly I've compared it to a well known model and it looks massively oversize or the other one is far too small...

But the running height looks a lot better...

attachicon.gif20171025_215507.jpg

The hight can be adjusted IF they hit the pointwork, just cut/trim a bit of of those two locating lugs.  Charlie

post-3411-0-97423600-1508966661_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-34293400-1508966811_thumb.jpg

Edited by charliepetty

Got a nice surprise yesterday saying that my First Barbie 156 is ready to despatch! Paid the balance today so hopefully it'll be here soon!

Apparently they've flown a batch over ("at great expense") to fulfil some of the orders. Glad it's finally here and can't wait to check out the features! The pictures and videos of the Abelio Scotrail version look incredible!

Got a nice surprise yesterday saying that my First Barbie 156 is ready to despatch! Paid the balance today so hopefully it'll be here soon!

Apparently they've flown a batch over ("at great expense") to fulfil some of the orders. Glad it's finally here and can't wait to check out the features! The pictures and videos of the Abelio Scotrail version look incredible!

Yes it cost £5000.00 extra + Handling fees due to late delivery.

Edited by charliepetty

Hi folks,

Forgive me if this has been covered already but if it has I can't find it.

Problem is my two units won't go in the same direction. I've tried seperate addresses and both with same address. I know there's a way of changing the direction of one of them using one of the CV's but the instructions with the decoders I am using are next to useless! Help please?

Hi folks,

Forgive me if this has been covered already but if it has I can't find it.

Problem is my two units won't go in the same direction. I've tried seperate addresses and both with same address. I know there's a way of changing the direction of one of them using one of the CV's but the instructions with the decoders I am using are next to useless! Help please?

On one of the units try changing the direction bit in CV 29. by adding 1 to the total value of CV 29

• RMweb Gold

Paid the balance ages ago, can't wait now I've seen those photos. Possibly the best reproduction of the barbie livery :-)

That’s Charlie for you, when he does a job he does it properly. I often find myself just staring at my Scotrail 156 in amazement at the detail.

Roy

CV 29 to 7 on one car and CV29 to 14 on the other.

Charlie

Interesting - CV29 = 14   is there a reason to have Railcom active on one car/decoder and not the other ? 

Any update on when the main shipment of sound fitted Barbie's is due ? 

Edited by tractor_37260

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I purchased, at the Hull Model Railway show, earlier today, one of the Scotrail Class 156 units. All I can say is how good it is, and how so impressed with the model I am. I haven’t got round to unpacking it just yet - indeed I’m still reading the booklet that comes with it. Some photos will follow and maybe a short video. There were two on sale at the show, but now there is just one! ;)

Regards,

Rob.

Sorry to all bet we are still waiting for the main batch including all the sound fitted & DCC Ones.  We are doing our best under this very late delivery situation.

AGAIN SORRY.    Arran & Charlie

No need to appologize (at least not to me), I've just got so much stuff pre-ordered and it all seems to be funneling to a same time arrival, I'm trying very hard to keep my budget in line and have the money to pay for stuff, and it had been a while since i'd seen any specific comment about the remaining Scotrail variants.

All the best,

Stephen

Sorry to all bet we are still waiting for the main batch including all the sound fitted & DCC Ones.  We are doing our best under this very late delivery situation.

AGAIN SORRY.    Arran & Charlie

Shame you don't have a penalty clause in the contract for late delivery !  or do you ?   but still confident they will be worth the wait........................