Bristol Victoria (Blues in the 80's)

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Would operating to a written down sequence help?

Regards,

Brian.

Not really Brian, I have considered it and set out the Fiddle Yards into an order, but it really didn't help that much, I need to re think the operation side of it completely. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• RMweb Premium

Don't forgot it only has to be intense if you make it so. You can reduce the frequency of movements and no freight (it's Sunday), shunt the locos round the depot for exams and fuelling (strike day), engineering works with bus substitution (one main line closed) etc.... It's your railway after all :-)

• RMweb Premium

Nothing special mate, still running and sorting, but I do find it hard to concentrate for long periods as it's so intense with the five Lines coming and going, and probably to many Points, to many Locos and to many Wagons as well doesn't help matters. hahhah. It's what I always wanted but it not as relaxing to operate as Pencarne was.

attachicon.gifNew 47's and 50 and running 002.JPG

attachicon.gifNew 47's and 50 and running 007.JPG

attachicon.gifNew 47's and 50 and running 003.JPG

EDIT =  To say that your down tomorrow George, then Saturday I'm doing some removals for one of my Step Daughters, then out Sunday and I've picked up 3 weathering jobs today that need some attention.

Does anyone else sense that someone maybe having a regretful moment?

Does anyone else sense that someone maybe having a regretful moment?

Hahahah, My biggest regret mate, is selling Pencarne. Please don't get me wrong, It's what I wanted with Whittaker St, but couldn't get it right, this is now right, but ??????? :no: . Why is there always a BUT? :nono:  :nono: :nono:

• RMweb Premium

Hahahah, My biggest regret mate, is selling Pencarne. Please don't get me wrong, It's what I wanted with Whittaker St, but couldn't get it right, this is now right, but ??????? :no: . Why is there always a BUT? :nono:  :nono: :nono:

Because you were born under a wandering star and actually prefer the journey (creating) to the destination (operating).  So you will always eventually become dissatisfied with the operation to give you a reason to go back to creating.  And that suits us because we've got more opportunity to make helpful (hah!) suggestions while you're creating, and/or learn more from watching you doing the scenic stuff (at warp speed usually).

Cheers

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Nothing special mate, still running and sorting, but I do find it hard to concentrate for long periods as it's so intense with the five Lines coming and going, and probably to many Points, to many Locos and to many Wagons as well doesn't help matters. hahhah. It's what I always wanted but it not as relaxing to operate as Pencarne was.

attachicon.gifNew 47's and 50 and running 002.JPG

attachicon.gifNew 47's and 50 and running 007.JPG

attachicon.gifNew 47's and 50 and running 003.JPG

EDIT =  To say that your down tomorrow George, then Saturday I'm doing some removals for one of my Step Daughters, then out Sunday and I've picked up 3 weathering jobs today that need some attention.

Actually you have something of a solution (which can also be a b*ggeration factor) already built in Andy in that with a lack of parallel move facilities in the station throat and working it prototypically yo can't have a  train approaching that double junction from the fiddle yard when another move is being made to/from the station which crosses it bows (so to speak) - although the approaching could halt back by the through station at an outer Home Signal.  The disadvantage is the workload of getting another on the move as the first one clears out of the way so you'd need to be on your toes for that but it does create a natural, realistic, break between various things happening.

So a bit of thought on sequencing moves might help but as others have noted you can still have loads of fun with shunting moves between the mainline moves.

Don't forget that train frequency in the 70's was significantly less than today on secondary routes. There are lines that have hourly services today had had very few trains off peak. If you work your railway in real time they'll be plenty of time to make a brew and a bacon butty between peak times.

Out Of Use.

Paul.

FYI it's a TLA.

. . . or in full For Your Information it's a Three Letter Abbreviation!

(Sorry, well sort of!)

Paul.

Don't forget that train frequency in the 70's was significantly less than today on secondary routes. There are lines that have hourly services today had had very few trains off peak. If you work your railway in real time they'll be plenty of time to make a brew and a bacon butty between peak times.

Morning Guys, and thanks for all your post's and comments, George T is down today and after we've been for a BIG Breakfast at Wetherspoons to start the Day, we have several things planned, we will be working on BV and looking at some ideas, and then up to my Clubroom as it's the O GAUGE sections running day, (all day every other Friday) and a Fish and Chip lunch if GT and I have any room for it. then back here for another play on BV before I kick him out.

All the above depends on how long I can put up with him of course, :O  I might send him packing after Breakfast, :nono:  (that it's MY turn to pay for BTW). :O  :rtfm: Hahahhahah

Last night I had a running session on the OO Section at Club and used the Std4 with the Howes Sound and 9 Coaches tagged on the back, wonderful on full chat across the 8ft Viaduct with the Hooter sounding as it approached the Tunnel at Coopers Dale.

If you want to see any pics of our Clubs Layout, Coopers Dale and Marston then it is Railway of the Month in the new March edition of Railway Modeller and we have our Clubs open weekend at Easter Sunday / Monday.

• RMweb Premium

Morning Guys, and thanks for all your post's and comments, George T is down today and after we've been for a BIG Breakfast at Wetherspoons to start the Day, we have several things planned, we will be working on BV and looking at some ideas, and then up to my Clubroom as it's the O GAUGE sections running day, (all day every other Friday) and a Fish and Chip lunch if GT and I have any room for it. then back here for another play on BV before I kick him out.

All the above depends on how long I can put up with him of course, :O  I might send him packing after Breakfast, :nono:  (that it's MY turn to pay for BTW). :O  :rtfm: Hahahhahah

Last night I had a running session on the OO Section at Club and used the Std4 with the Howes Sound and 9 Coaches tagged on the back, wonderful on full chat across the 8ft Viaduct with the Hooter sounding as it approached the Tunnel at Coopers Dale.

If you want to see any pics of our Clubs Layout, Coopers Dale and Marston then it is Railway of the Month in the new March edition of Railway Modeller and we have our Clubs open weekend at Easter Sunday / Monday.

For those who have not as yet been to the Church Gresley club, their open days are well worth a visit.

Edit, but watch out for the fella waving his cup at you, that means he wants refilled.

Well GT came down and we've had a cracking day out at our Clubroom at Gresley, running on the O Gauge Dornoch Branch, here are some pics of todays running, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116976-beale-street-end-of-the-line/page-36&do=findComment&comment=2612338

I have some weathering jobs to do over the weekend and then back to work on BV next week.

Andy, surely you operate your layout at the speed you want to go. There is no need to operate it at the speed you build your layouts :O. It is after all supposed to be a relaxing hobby :rolleyes:

Hi Alan, Thanks for that and your probably right, After doing my impersonation of Pickfords in my Car tomorrow I'll have a long look at the operation. I should have a better plan for running, but without complications.

Thanks anyway Alan.

Surely the complications are the best bit? :-)

And frustrating at the same time. still I've ALWAYS  wanted a busy Terminus, so now I need to sort it out.

I'm looking forward to getting to the Greenery bit eventually.

I'm sue we can get a few moves sorted out when I come over in a couple of weeks time mate. Some real railway input may help.

Cheers

Marcus

Cheers mate, I had a run last night, but having been out all Day with George I was to tired to concentrate properly and lost the plot. (Cl 47 trapped at buffers from inbound Train / Cl 50 takes away Train / Class 33 arrives on the same Platform before releasing original Cl 47 :O  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no: ) I do have one plan that may help, and once I get back from doing an impersonation of PICKFORDS later I'll have a look at the Plan.

Archived