Bristol Victoria (Blues in the 80's)

Andrew P

Oh Don't worry Andy. We're quite good at sandwiching in trains on the real railway as well. It was done a few times whilst I was at Marylebone. The beauty of permissive platforms.

Wot - no updates to BV in a whole 2 DAYS !!!!!! :)

Andy has probalbly started the second or third version already maybe with a name change made into too a roundy roundy and it is now a BLT in N gauge......

Keith HC

what good is that for satisfying one's hunger.

My BLT's are definitely G scale ! 

Hi Gang, BV is still alive and kicking, I've been busy all weekend with George down last Friday, more than half of Saturday gone helping Daughter Move, and then the rest of Sat and Sunday doing some Weathering Jobs for folk.

I did try some mods last night and this morning, but that didn't work. Also another running session this morning proved valuable to ascertain certain things that were bugging me.

It's still got things that I KNOW I got wrong by adding more than originally planned, and taking out some bits that I liked.

More running and planning is planned for tonight during SOAP TIME (7 till 9) for the Good Lady.

I'm also looking to add more Grass areas if I can somewhere.

My 2 favourite areas are the DEPOT, but then, I've always been a sucker for Depot Layouts, and the Sidings full of Wagons to Shunt.

Here's a few of pics from the other night.

post-9335-0-02023400-1487007097_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92830600-1487007139_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-22649800-1487007181_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25641000-1487007234_thumb.jpg

Thanks Brian, I wish that were true mate.

It will get there Andy. Just look at how long others (me included) have spent planning before starting and still haven't got it right.

It will happen, it's just a question of when

Glad to see your working through it and getting what you want mate

Brian

It will get there Andy. Just look at how long others (me included) have spent planning before starting and still haven't got it right.

It will happen, it's just a question of when

Hi Brian, (again) and Duncan, I think I've nailed the problem, so very soon it should be sorted, and I will reveal all once it's finished.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang, BV is still alive and kicking, I've been busy all weekend with George down last Friday, more than half of Saturday gone helping Daughter Move, and then the rest of Sat and Sunday doing some Weathering Jobs for folk.

Honestly Andy, you make it sound like there IS life away from model railways!  Steady on chap!

Hi Brian, (again) and Duncan, I think I've nailed the problem, so very soon it should be sorted, and I will reveal all once it's finished.

Thats one of the best things, being able to chip away at it until you get there.  We're waiting with baited breath .... I'm going for shortening the yard, moving the canal both of which will allow a diesel fumes generator to be installed so that when the 50 leaves you really can't see the station!! hehe :). Sorry mate, my sarcasm runs away with me at times :)

Take your time, and get things how you want it and remember Rule #1 ;)

Rich

Wow a multi-storey building that just crops up overnight?!!  There's another potential grass area gone.

Anyway they sure build things fast in Bristol!

Don't worry Bogie, the Warehouse isn't staying, I gave it to Peter BB, then BORROWED it back the other night to see if it would work, but NO, so Peter BB can have it back again.

As the tumbleweed blows over the tracks at Bristol Victoria, modeller's up and down the land are waiting. Waiting in anticipation of news as to what the future holds.

But as the wait continues, the good news is that all the modeller's who follow this thread have actually used their time wisely to actually get down and do some modelling themselves, rather than sitting at a computer screen watching the world go by.

Cheers Guys for all your comments on the Previous Page.

You wont need to wait to long before I have it sorted and up-dates get back to normal.

The Depot is my favourite part of the Layout and will become an important aspect of any changes that might occur.

There will be Grass, well probably more Weeds than Grass to be fair, but no Cobbles I'm afraid.

I've been busy this morning, and very pleased with what has been achieved.

This is going to be a cracking layout Andy. With lots of stock movement and shunting, something I can only aspire to. Although a city centre based location there must be places for greenery such as public gardens atop the retaining walls. What about making the sidings partially overgrown with grass and weeds, with the odd Buddleia cropping up here and there.

The weathering on the Black 5 is stunning. A real end of steam locomotive. Keep up the great work.

This is going to be a cracking layout Andy. With lots of stock movement and shunting, something I can only aspire to. Although a city centre based location there must be places for greenery such as public gardens atop the retaining walls. What about making the sidings partially overgrown with grass and weeds, with the odd Buddleia cropping up here and there.

The weathering on the Black 5 is stunning. A real end of steam locomotive. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Andy, It's a Burton Black 5 for Jeff's Burton North Depot, and he wanted it DESTROYED, hahahhah

I'm not sure about Walls and Gardens Andy, but I do have something else very much in mind and all will be reviled shortly.

Archived