Model Rail/Rapido Trains GER/LNER 'J70' 0-6-0T 'Project Toby'

dibber25

Hi,

Any news on the matching bogie coach?

Cheers.

The bogie coach was dropped from the plans a long way back as it is not viable. I have obtained one of the 3D printed coach bodies but there is a lot of work to do to provide running gear for a working model. (CJL)

Hopefully they can get 68219 (MR-201) flipped right way roubd as the sample still has it flipped incorrectly with chimney facing away from the cylinders.

The models on show are livery samples. The production models will be correctly assembled. (CJL)

The bogie coach was dropped from the plans a long way back as it is not viable. I have obtained one of the 3D printed coach bodies but there is a lot of work to do to provide running gear for a working model. (CJL)

Chris, I presume it is my 3D design. I like to leave something for modellers to do!

• Like 1

I was only interested in the carriage if it had a bar and a model of a drunk Stanley Holloway clutching a bottle.   :drinks:

In other words I would possibly buy a Titfield version, but the W&U version doesn't really appeal. Especially since I would be expecting a similar price to the Dynamometer Car for a RTR version.

Jason

I used Rivarossi USA coach bogies on my HO version, and recommend OOmodellers  look at other USA HO bogies as wheels are small. Look forward to seeing finished model. Are you planning to replce balcony iron ork, as it was not possible to replicate that fully with 3D printing(but might see if if could be done in finer plastic asa separate item, based on the O scale version I have done).

Edited by rue_d_etropal

I used Rivarossi USA coach bogies on my HO version, and recommend OOmodellers  look at other USA HO bogies as wheels are small. Look forward to seeing finished model. Are you planning to replce balcony iron ork, as it was not possible to replicate that fully with 3D printing(but might see if if could be done in finer plastic asa separate item, based on the O scale version I have done).

No, I am planning to build it as it is. I have a D&S one with all the fine verandah detail, which I recently wrecked by the mere accident of getting it caught in a pulled thread on my sweater. I have Ratio diamond frame bogies to use under the 3D printed model, but if I'm not happy with them, I may well use HO trucks. Come to think of it, a gratis set of Rapido trucks came my way just recently. Maybe I'll try them....(CJL)

Am I not correct in thinking that the body of one of W&U tramway coaches is at the North Norfolk Railway mounted on a flat wagon chassis?

The body of bogie tramcar No. 7 has been beautifully restored and is at the North Norfolk Railway. I think its a full replica chassis but it may use recovered wagon parts. (CJL)

I will have the livery samples of the 'J70s' plus an example with the extra details fitted for you to see at close quarters, at the British Festival of Railway Modelling at Peterborough Showground this weekend (8/9 December). These were East Anglian engines, operating out of Wisbech, March, Ipswich etc. Pre-orders are still being taken and the models are expected to arrive in early in 2019. 

I'll also have USA 0-6-0Ts and Sentinels for sale as well as sound-fitted Class 66s etc. (CJL)

I will have the livery samples of the 'J70s' plus an example with the extra details fitted for you to see at close quarters, at the British Festival of Railway Modelling at Peterborough Showground this weekend (8/9 December). These were East Anglian engines, operating out of Wisbech, March, Ipswich etc. Pre-orders are still being taken and the models are expected to arrive in early in 2019. 

I'll also have USA 0-6-0Ts and Sentinels for sale as well as sound-fitted Class 66s etc. (CJL)

Will have to make sure I have a look at them tomorrow, though I've already ordered two of them!

At least I have somewhere that doesn't look like the Wisbech & Upwell to run them when they arrive..............(still a work in progress)

post-35561-0-10106600-1544185773_thumb.jpg

Will be nice to retire my 45 year old K's kit of a J70 !

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Will have to make sure I have a look at them tomorrow, though I've already ordered two of them!

At least I have somewhere that doesn't look like the Wisbech & Upwell to run them when they arrive..............(still a work in progress)

attachicon.gif!cid_3AE8E3EAF34E4C37BF4D6990779FD4FE@StephenPC.jpg

Will be nice to retire my 45 year old K's kit of a J70 !

Nice buildings, recognised them immediately, I cycle past the remains of those on my way to work.

Martin

Nice buildings, recognised them immediately, I cycle past the remains of those on my way to work.

Martin

Due to space constraints, Burtons went for "a Burton" and the Cranfields single story building on the west side of Foundry Lane was cut down to half size to make it all fit !

Some of the dimensions of the others were reduced as well, but I think it looks like what it is supposed to represent, and I'm slowly adding appropriate road vehicles from the Pauls, Cranfields and Ipswich Dock Commission fleets to the scene as well.

Is this the same location? I don't have a caption, a loco number (682??) or a photographer's name, unfortunately. Note the home-made door on the cab! (CJL)

Yes, thats just outside the brick Pauls building. You can just make out the start of the conveyor that crossed the quayside to the right of the sign on the scaffolding.

This one, which could well be an H.N.James photograph, shows one of the Hunslet 0-4-0 replacements for the tram engines in the same general area. The flagman is for crossing Bridge Street in order to get onto the quayside.

post-35561-0-53774100-1544195154_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ha, I was looking at that photo earlier and even linked to it in another thread. :)

I would love a model of one of those. I know there was only three, but....

A decent kit would do.

Jason

I scratchbuilt an OO version on a Model Power chassis, only for Silver Fox to promptly bring out a resin body moulding for one about 6 months later! (they did a J70 as well at the same time)

Edited by Johann Marsbar
  • Like 1

I scratchbuilt an OO version on a Model Power chassis, only for Silver Fox to promptly bring out a resin body moulding for one about 6 months later! (they did a J70 as well at the same time)

Yes. I remember Chris building those in Model Rail.

Unfortunately I didn't buy one at the time as I'm not a big fan of resin after being put off by a couple of very poor resin models previously. Now that I might be interested in one they don't make the diesel anymore.

I wonder whether Mike Edge has plans for one as Judith Edge have some lovely little shunters in the range.

Jason