Perth Model Railway Show 24 and 25 June 2017

Waverley47708

• RMweb Premium

Hi Legend, the station buildings are based on Elderslie and are pretty accurate. The layout also has the two island platform arrangement of Elderslie but because of space restrictions there isn't enough room to show the junctions at either end.  I saw the layout at Glasgow and was very impressed with the running and the stock, anything from G&SWR to BR Blue and operated at sensible speeds too.

Yes I also saw it at Glasgow and was very impressed. It's kind of like a special memory for me. My parents used to take me out for walks on a Sunday afternoon and I do remember reaching the site of Elderslie station. I can remember seeing a train of Cartics and I thought a 37 . The station had gone by that time. Later in the early 70s there was a layout , I think maybe by Renfrewshire MRC in OO which showed Elderslie with it's junctions which is where my interest for further kindled. So it's nice to see it again in model form. The station buildings were lovely and I think overall captured the look of the place, without the junctions and marshalling yards. Lovely, look forward to seeing it again at Perth. Always a nice trip out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stan

Meg has decided to rename her Canadian National N layout as St COMBS. I do whatever the wife says! Sorry for the inconvenience in having to change your layout list.

I can confirm that, all being well, the usual tablet will be available.

Hi Stan

Meg has decided to rename her Canadian National N layout as St COMBS. I do whatever the wife says! Sorry for the inconvenience in having to change your layout list.

I can confirm that, all being well, the usual tablet will be available.

I think we are both best to stick to what Meg says, especially if getting a delivery of tablet depends on it! Thanks for letting me know. The layout list will be updated shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added to my diary too, attended last year for the first time and thought it was superb.

Plus DJ models are revealing their n gauge class 17.

It is confirmed that all being well, DJ Models will be revealing the Clayton Class 17.

Also, Dave will be giving a lecture, one each day, on what goes into producing a new model. Subjects covered will include laser scanning the real thing. This is something completely different and well worth visiting.

Guest eddie reffin

Really looking forward to the show Stan. Seeing Blair Atholl again will be worth the entrance fee alone. Will see the real location on the way down too! 

Cheers

Eddie

It is confirmed that all being well, DJ Models will be revealing the Clayton Class 17.

Also, Dave will be giving a lecture, one each day, on what goes into producing a new model. Subjects covered will include laser scanning the real thing. This is something completely different and well worth visiting.

Can me and Charlie book seats for the Sunday matinee ?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok with only 37 sleeps until the show I have updated the Original Post with the most up to date information on the exhibition.

For those wanting to use the Park and Ride on Saturday, please see http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/14972/Perth-Park-and-Ride-Broxden-

If you are coming by train, the quickest way from the station is to exit the station up the ramp between Plt 4 and 7, at the top of the ramp turn left across the railway bridge, then left onto the white pedestrian bridge which takes you to the Dewar's Centre and swimming pool.  Try not to get them mixed up, you will look silly at the exhibition in your swimming costume and rubber ring!  It is left for the swimming pool and down the steps and right to the Dewar's Centre.

Hello All,

Just a quick update.

The Canadian N gauge layout St Combs has been withdrawn but replaced with an American HO layout Goose Lake.

Roland Turner is now listed on the website as a demonstrator.

4 weeks this weekend.....  :locomotive:

Joining us for the first time this year at Perth exhibition will be Matthias Zeller of the German model manufacturers KPF Zeller. Matthias, here as a guest of Ten Commandments, founded the business in 1992, and is the designer and developer of their range of rolling roads and track cleaners. Having just celebrated their 25th anniversary, and with over 100,000 rolling roads sold in that time,  KPF Zeller have established themselves as one of the leading names in Europe for this technology.

Matthias will be demonstrating the full range of KPF Zeller roads, available for various scales, and the ingenious and simple new track cleaning wagons – ideal for the lazy modeller. Matt will be pleased to advise and answer any queries you may have regarding his products, and will no doubt be delighted to chat about anything and everything else.

• Like 1

Had a meeting at the venue yesterday. All looking good. Feels like it is getting close now. Still working on the detailed admin and we have 2 halls full of quality exhibits once again and it feels like the show will be really good.

Joining us for the first time this year at Perth exhibition will be Matthias Zeller of the German model manufacturers KPF Zeller. Matthias, here as a guest of Ten Commandments, founded the business in 1992, and is the designer and developer of their range of rolling roads and track cleaners. Having just celebrated their 25th anniversary, and with over 100,000 rolling roads sold in that time, KPF Zeller have established themselves as one of the leading names in Europe for this technology.

Matthias will be demonstrating the full range of KPF Zeller roads, available for various scales, and the ingenious and simple new track cleaning wagons – ideal for the lazy modeller. Matt will be pleased to advise and answer any queries you may have regarding his products, and will no doubt be delighted to chat about anything and everything else.

Never heard of this but made me look it up and I'll certainly be taking a close look. Looks an interesting product. One of my but bears is lumpy running n gauge steam engines, and a rolling road would really make it easier to find the root of such problems.

The website appears to be only in German and without a button to switch to English that I can see but I'm sure I can get more details on the day.

Edited by millerhillboy

Just a quick reminder about our seminars:

Dave Jones of DJ Models will be presenting "Planning and Development of New Models"

Legomanbiffo and his team will be demonstrating "how to shoe-horn big speakers into small locomotives"

Places for our seminars are usually very popular. Please see the flyers at the door upon arrival or let one of our stewards know you wish to attend.

For those of you living in or near Perth, Friday's Perthshire Advertiser has an article about the show and a competition to win one of three family tickets.

Congratulations to the three competition winners who each win a family ticket.  Hope they enjoy the show!

Although there has been a lot of focus on Blair Atholl towards Drumochter there are another 39 or 40 layouts to be enjoyed.

By way of a preview, Lower Exbury by esteemed modeller Alison Barker. A Southern Region British Railways layout which features many scratch built stock and the owner herself!

post-4700-0-82912200-1497088114.jpg