Staffordshire Finescale Group - modelling showcase - 8th July 2017

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Gold

Brush with nose ring

Brush with quiff

Brush with teletubbie attachment

Shed

There's no class 66 in that view...

I like the sound of this, might try to get a family weekend "back 'ome" to be able to attend ;)

My father worked with someone from Gnosall who had a postcard sent to him form Greece with the most minimal address: 'Fred, Gnosall, UK'. The fact that he knew the postie very well helped it arrive promptly...

• Like 3

My father worked with someone from Gnosall who had a postcard sent to him form Greece with the most minimal address: 'Fred, Gnosall, UK'. The fact that he knew the postie very well helped it arrive promptly...

Out in the western badlands of the county it does not surprise me. Please note we are charging per head and not by the number of surplus fingers or toes.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

It's all gone a bit quiet, but with just two and a bit months to go, rest assured we're all busily working on our layouts and projects in preparation for our little show.

Track renewal on Fryers Lane was completed last night and I've started to add a few more scenic details. I had toyed with the idea of adding an extra board to extend the layout, but have decided to focus those efforts on other projects - more details on those some other time...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Please note we are charging per head and not by the number of surplus fingers or toes.

Are you sure that's wise, might put it out of financial reach for some.

But then again within reach for others.

:mosking:

Don't worry I'm off and runnin' :D

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

All fine for The Mill, mainly as the layout being housed at Shipley MRS club house means there is no temptation to tinker with it. All I have been up to is getting a rake of hoppers, two Black Fives and an 8F (all which now have AJ's fitted to the tenders) ready for a run on BCB.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a couple of soul-less green boxes to bring too but they have yet to be fitted with AJ's. Notice how I didn't suggest putting the kettles on DITD; Damian would string me up.

• RMweb Gold

I have a couple of soul-less green boxes to bring too but they have yet to be fitted with AJ's. Notice how I didn't suggest putting the kettles on DITD; Damian would string me up.

I would come and help him!

I may bring my shiny green 1001 and a few NER wagons then...

Yup, Western Pathfinder I don't mind, a bit out of area, but could be on a Birmingham - Paddington diversion.

Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Gulp; less than a week to go, lots to do to get Fryers Lane ready plus there are a few items from the BCB fleet that require attention. As if that wasn't enough, I've a few items of surplus stock I'll be offering for sale on Saturday so that needs sorting out too.

Looks like a have a few early mornings and late nights ahead of me.

• RMweb Gold

Planning on coming up on the northbound M6 to this show. Is it right to go into Stafford and then out again on the Newport road for Gnosall.  A sat- nav search gives weird , unfamiliar directions.

Is it right to go into Stafford and then out again on the Newport road for Gnosall.  A sat- nav search gives weird , unfamiliar directions.

Broadly, yes.

If you come off at J13, head towards Stafford on the A449 and in 2 miles turn left here - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7898973,-2.1202655,3a,75y,346.07h,88.19t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sxJjPLHgGTzspNP_EuK5W3w!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DxJjPLHgGTzspNP_EuK5W3w%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D85.74385%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656and head along West Way until you reach the lights at the T-junction at the other end of the road and turn left for Gnosall you will avoid the town centre. There are speed bumps along West Way but it will save 5-10 minutes.

• RMweb Premium

Planning on coming up on the northbound M6 to this show. Is it right to go into Stafford and then out again on the Newport road for Gnosall. A sat- nav search gives weird , unfamiliar directions.

M6 to jct 13, a449 into Stafford, a518 out of Stafford towards Newport.

Edit: I was keeping it simple but Andy's westway shortcut is a good call as it misses out the town centre, as long as you don't mind speed humps.

• RMweb Premium

Planning on coming up on the northbound M6 to this show. Is it right to go into Stafford and then out again on the Newport road for Gnosall.  A sat- nav search gives weird , unfamiliar directions.

Coming from South Devon?...   you see, if I were going to Gnosall I wouldn't start there..

Andy

It's not just the layouts that are finescale; so's the grub.

Fine local fare from our traditional butcher available on the day:

Sausage rolls

Staffordshire pasties

Chicken, bacon and leek pasties.

Cheese and onion pasties.

QC tested this evening with high satisfaction scores all round.

We're simple folk; if that doesn't fit your lunchtime needs, bring your own.

• Like 4